Transferring DAZ to new/different Computer

Hi - what is the process for transferring all Daz content to a new/different computer?

I currently have Daz on a Mac, and I am looking to move everything to a dedicated Windows computer running W10. 

- The Windows computer has latest Daz installed with everything I think I need. However, after downloading my content the download manager will not install it. Do I need to uninstall from the Mac first?

- Some of the content is visible in Daz Studio on the PC, but it won't open.

- Experimenting on the Mac, my V4 cothing is not loading onto the V4 model.

- The install manager has uninstall options. Presumably uninstall everything and then delete the manager?

- Just on the Mac...I installed Daz Central and wanted to open the Library Steampunk Outfit for V4, and also Victorian Innocence for V4, it guided me through to the location of the content in Daz Studio which I had already found anyway, but the clothing articles will not load on to the V4 model. The same thing occured on PC, but presumably the content had not been installed there.

- Opening Victoria 4 from Daz central also does not work.

- Double clicking on content I am trying to load takes me to a 404 page not found error on the pop-up screen in Daz Studio (on mac).

I think there are 2 parts to my query; 1) how to successfully access my content on a new/different computer and remove Daz from the old. 2) Why the V4 model which loads fine into Daz Studio will not load the accessories for it.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,575

You should be able to install your content on your windows pc, independant of status on your Mac.

When you say that install manager wont' install the files after download, does it then give an error, and if not what does the log say (in Install Manager).

If something won't load in Daz Studio, you should look for information in the log (in Daz Studio).

• rohanstevensonrohanstevenson Posts: 15
    edited February 2023

On the PC now:

- I open Daz central, and I can see that I need to install the V4. I click install and it downloads. When I click open I get this:

- It should show an image of the V4 and it doesn't. Duly if I try to drag in it in to the viewport area, nothing happens. On the Mac, this was avilable and I could drag it into the viewport, but I could drag on any clothes. Its worked in the past but its not working now. I really can't figure it out and this not my first rodeo with software. There are no error messgaes that clue me in to what might be missing/required.

Post edited by rohanstevenson on
  • For some reason the snipped image is not showing in your forum. I've attached the snip as a file.

• Update: V4 turned up in smart content "figures". I could get the model loaded. Not as much luck with the Steampunk outfit. Just like with the Mac, on the PC I can get to it via Daz central (the content shows), but it won't load onto the model. There was a hair accessory which did. Trying to get more information via right-click yielded a webpage "page not found".

Any idea how to get this paid content to work? When I opened the model there was a check box for "legacy...something something something". I don't know if that might be the reason and I'll check next but any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Daz V4 not working.png
    599 x 381 - 19K
    edited February 2023

Something very weird is going on with this website.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,570

As someone who uses both a Mac and Windows, it isn't possible to drag an entire product into the viewport - what even would that do? If you double-click on the product to open it, can you drag the figure into the viewport?

Also, that product doesn't have a thumbnail I don't think as it's missing on mine too but there should be a second one that works.

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 16.29.07.png
    1144 x 510 - 380K

Can you load the item, just not drag them into the scene, or can't you load them at all?

If you look in the log, does it then say the the item has been loaded successful?

And have you tried with something newer - Victoria 4.2 is in poser format.

• On PC: Victoria is loading by double-clicking on it but not on that icon. If I go to figures>people>sci-fi all of the models turn up.

I double-click on V4 and she loads.

The problem is I cannot apply the clothing she was purchased for to her. Double clicking on them has no effect. I can apply a hair item that was bought seperately. Trying to get more information results in being taken to a window "page not found".

This looks like I need to open a support ticket.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,570

The page not found may be a red herring - there was another post about readme's on the wiki (which the more info links pull from) going missing so I don't know if that is on purpose or there is a data issue at Daz's end.

I don't have that product tho unfortunately so I don't know if there is an issue with that product or not.

You still haven't told what the log says (Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File) when you try to load the outfit.

• felis said:

You still haven't told what the log says (Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File) when you try to load the outfit.

DAZ/Victoria 4/Deltas/PowerLoader.pz2
    2023-02-12 10:32:25.221 [INFO] :: Retrieving Checked files...
    2023-02-12 10:32:25.232 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/runtime/libraries/character/daz people/victoria 4.2.dsb
    2023-02-12 10:32:36.683 [INFO] :: Received URL to open: file:///Volumes/Mac Account Storage/rohanstevensonG5/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/LaunchStudioProduct.dsa
    2023-02-12 10:32:36.685 [INFO] :: Loading script: /Volumes/Mac Account Storage/rohanstevensonG5/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/LaunchStudioProduct.dsa
    2023-02-12 10:32:36.692 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: /Volumes/Mac Account Storage/rohanstevensonG5/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/LaunchStudioProduct.dsa
    2023-02-12 10:32:37.486 [INFO] :: Received URL to open: file:///Volumes/Mac Account Storage/rohanstevensonG5/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/LaunchStudioProduct.dsa
    2023-02-12 10:32:37.487 [INFO] :: Loading script: /Volumes/Mac Account Storage/rohanstevensonG5/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/LaunchStudioProduct.dsa
    2023-02-12 10:32:37.494 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: /Volumes/Mac Account Storage/rohanstevensonG5/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/LaunchStudioProduct.dsa
    2023-02-12 10:32:57.450 [INFO] :: Loading script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/poses/steampunkv4/steampunk elite/steamcorset.ds
    2023-02-12 10:32:57.567 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/poses/steampunkv4/steampunk elite/steamcorset.ds
    2023-02-12 10:32:59.598 [INFO] :: Loading script: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/poses/steampunkv4/steampunk elite/steamcorset.ds
    2023-02-12 10:32:59.711 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/poses/steampunkv4/steampunk elite/steamcorset.ds

Hmm. It appears to think it has executed successfully. But I can assure you it has not.

• This is the outfit:

https://www.daz3d.com/steampunk-outfit-for-v4

I have Victoria 4.2. I have successfully used this in the past - 2020. I can get other models to work with their outfit. But this is the main one I want to interact with. Incidentally, the script for altering the waist for the corset and the high heels work fine.

edited February 2023

The readme for the product doesn't work, so I can't see the file content.

I don't understand why it only refers to scripts, and not the .cr file. I don't have that outfit, but I loaded V4.2 and another outfit, and it didn't use any scipts for that. Does the file you are activating have an icon?

And have you tried other clothing for V4.2. Or tried a newer generation content, to test if it is only V4.2 that has problems or it is more general.

If you go to your Content Library > Products > Steampunk Outfit for v4, which icons are there then?

Post edited by felis on
  • Those are native DS materials auto-loading when a PZ2 Poser material is loaded - it is not loading the basic outfit, which will be in /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/characters/some folder/. Don't try opening this through Daz Central, try loading it directly from the Content Library under Poser Formats>My Daz 3d Library>Figures>Some folder (I don't know what some folder would actually be called)

edited February 2023

Does the file you are activating have an icon?

And have you tried other clothing for V4.2. Or tried a newer generation content, to test if it is only V4.2 that has problems or it is more general.

The problem seems to be with that set of content. I only have a hair accessory which will load correctly. 

If you go to your Content Library > Products > Steampunk Outfit for v4, which icons are there then?

The icons are there and it all looks like it should. They just won't load onto the model. They also turned up in "lost and found" whatever that means. 

Those are native DS materials auto-loading when a PZ2 Poser material is loaded - it is not loading the basic outfit, which will be in /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/characters/some folder/. Don't try opening this through Daz Central, try loading it directly from the Content Library under Poser Formats>My Daz 3d Library>Figures>Some folder (I don't know what some folder would actually be called)

Obviously it will be different on my system. So "poser formats"....?

Aha!!!

They load a base mesh and then presumably you go to the content to load the textures. That did it.

Gee.

Got to say....that's a bit of a tough one to figure out unless you are highly clairvoyent. I'm not that new to this sort of thing. :-(

However - bravo for knowing about poser formats. Thanks for the help. 

Edit....so it loaded the mesh but the shaders and accessories still will not load. This is such a bizarre workflow and way of doing things. I guess it makes sense if you use it a lot. Any idea why the shaders won't load? I have the mesh loaded up but they will not load the shaders.

• Is the item also selected in the scene  (the figure or one of its bones)?

• Richard Haseltine said:

Is the item also selected in the scene  (the figure or one of its bones)?

Ah. That was it. Thanks again.