About the dForce Slime and Goo

hey every one

I opened few month ago question about it but I have some more , I read the guid and try to follow every step , I bought this one dForce Slime and Goo | Daz 3D

In the guid its says put the slime you want up your model when it wants the slime will fall and then click simulate , also in the Engine in the guid its DForce and in my its InvidiaIRAY if its matters.

I really try to understand what I did wrong but still didnt succses to make it fall on my model.

Any one maybe have this and can help me with that? Thanks :)

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,576

I don't have that product, but as it is dForce it will follow general dForce rules. And if you put it on a vertical face it will fall off. It need to be able to stick to the object you put it on.

If you really want it on a vertical face, you can try to lower gravity, or maybe use animated timeline and tilt the character at start and raise along the timeline.

Try to post an image what it looks like before simulation.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,643
    edited February 2023

As per my understanding from your description, you must bu in the pane of Render Settings other than Simulation Settings. First put a slime to a position you want, then go to Simulation Settings pane and Simulation with a proper setting~

You should use KASG Slime A - G that can fall. Puddles have no dForce~ Hanging Slimes just can drape~~

Post edited by crosswind on
  • felis said:

I don't have that product, but as it is dForce it will follow general dForce rules. And if you put it on a vertical face it will fall off. It need to be able to stick to the object you put it on.

If you really want it on a vertical face, you can try to lower gravity, or maybe use animated timeline and tilt the character at start and raise along the timeline.

Thanks for the comments and help , at the end I ssucced to put it on my models but with some bugs , I try to figure out how to fix it right now

@crosswind Thanks it worked but still have some bugs with some reason as you see in the picture , I try to figure out how to fix it now hehe

A.PNG
    750 x 467 - 672K
    B.PNG
    506 x 481 - 37K
    c.PNG
    586 x 452 - 501K

It looks like it is clipping before simulation. It might be an optical illusion, but if then it should be avoided.

Which mesh density does the goo have, i.e. how does it look in Wire Texture Shaded, or how many polygons does it have (that can be seen in the scene pane if you open the info field.)

• felis said:

It looks like it is clipping before simulation. It might be an optical illusion, but if then it should be avoided.

Which mesh density does the goo have, i.e. how does it look in Wire Texture Shaded, or how many polygons does it have (that can be seen in the scene pane if you open the info field.)

I didn't understand clear what you saying , Like open the slime guid and show you? or something in the slime settings? 

edited February 2023

foxyfoxfurries said:

felis said:

Thanks for the comments and help , at the end I ssucced to put it on my models but with some bugs , I try to figure out how to fix it right now

@crosswind Thanks it worked but still have some bugs with some reason as you see in the picture , I try to figure out how to fix it now hehe

It seems you might've wrongly applied the materials to the slime + decal~ I tested with default settings, found no problem there ~~ I attached a scene subset as below. You may use it for a test~  Be noted that zero that Fatten value in Slime prop before simulation and then tweak it to shape the 'thickness' ~

SNAG-2023-2-11-0044.png
    2485 x 1357 - 1M
    duf
    duf
    Slime Test.duf
  • foxyfoxfurriesfoxyfoxfurries Posts: 300
    edited February 2023

crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

felis said:

It seems you might've wrongly applied the materials to the slime + decal~ I tested with default settings, found no problem there ~~ I attached a scene subset as below. You may use it for a test~  Be noted that zero that Fatten value in Slime prop before simulation and then tweak it to shape the 'thickness' ~

first of all thanks! but I dont really know how to use the doc you gave me on Daz3d : / I need to put it in folder?

Also I did everything like the guid said step by step and its still have problems , I even try to make it on the hand and its same.

I put the prop up on my model when I want it , Click simulate and that's it I did something wrong in this? I need to change something? 

D.PNG
    565 x 513 - 815K
    Post edited by foxyfoxfurries on

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

felis said:

first of all thanks! but I dont really know how to use the doc you gave me on Daz3d : / I need to put it in folder?

Also I did everything like the guid said step by step and its still have problems , I even try to make it on the hand and its same.

I put the prop up on my model when I want it , Click simulate and that's it I did something wrong in this? I need to change something? 

Oh, dear ~~ always be learning wink You may directly drag that duf file to Daz window~~ or put it in your scene subset folder then load it~

• foxyfoxfurriesfoxyfoxfurries Posts: 300
    edited February 2023

crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

felis said:

Oh, dear ~~ always be learning wink You may directly drag that duf file to Daz window~~ or put it in your scene subset folder then load it~

Oh lol thanks! But I did it and look what happend after I simulate

I think the time problem make it like that its just make it push down and down but its on 0% like you , its so strange : X

A1.PNG
    656 x 496 - 631K
    A2.PNG
    510 x 536 - 38K
    A3.PNG
    593 x 432 - 504K
    Post edited by foxyfoxfurries on

Suggest you understand more about dForce engine settings, etc. then you may play it well~~

SNAG-2023-2-11-0046.png
    2560 x 1400 - 618K
    SNAG-2023-2-11-0045.png
    2560 x 1400 - 612K
    SNAG-2023-2-11-0047.png
    2560 x 1400 - 631K
  • crosswind said:

Suggest you understand more about dForce engine settings, etc. then you may play it well~~

Thank you so much for the guid! I did step by step and that's whay happend on the body but on the hand it looks kinda good , I did with single part that you said and that's what happend.

Maybe because my model have tattoos its make a problem because on the hand it looks very well

Thanks for all your help tho! :)

vza.PNG
    330 x 247 - 225K
    VZA 1.PNG
    420 x 492 - 542K
    vza 2.PNG
    489 x 526 - 530K
    edited February 2023

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

Thank you so much for the guid! I did step by step and that's whay happend on the body but on the hand it looks kinda good , I did with single part that you said and that's what happend.

Maybe because my model have tattoos its make a problem because on the hand it looks very well

edited February 2023

surprise You used a geoshell tattoo? Seems not..  A geoshell should not affect such a simulation result... hmm~~  Try to use a bare base figure to see if it's ok lah~

If the goo clips, add a push modifier to the goo and set the offset to 0.1-0.2 (the lowest value that avoid clipping).

• crosswind said:

surprise You used a geoshell tattoo? Seems not..  A geoshell should not affect such a simulation result... hmm~~  Try to use a bare base figure to see if it's ok lah~

Well the tattoos are not the problem its make me the same even after I follow step by step its so stragne , But on the fingers it was looks good I dont know why lol , thanks for your help ! :D

@felis I will try it out , hope it will work :)

G.PNG
    553 x 547 - 563K
    g1.PNG
    600 x 536 - 434K

Well the tattoos are not the problem its make me the same even after I follow step by step its so stragne , But on the fingers it was looks good I dont know why lol , thanks for your help ! :D

If you did not give it a material presets, its default parameters on surface would bring you that looking ~ and probably your render settings is different from me.. try these:

• crosswind said:

If you did not give it a material presets, its default parameters on surface would bring you that looking ~ and probably your render settings is different from me.. try these:

Thanks for all your guids and help! your really awsome that you try to help me , I did what you said and it looks strange a little bit as you see in the picture.

I don't understand what I do wrong but at least some times it working well on the fingers or some areas haha

1.PNG
    472 x 607 - 23K
    2.PNG
    389 x 473 - 33K
    3.PNG
    598 x 549 - 502K
    5.PNG
    379 x 263 - 18K
    4.PNG
    527 x 533 - 497K