Image series

Is there a way to render images without them being rendered consecutively? I'd like to render a series by skipping some frames, so 1,3,6,9 or whatever. 

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

You will most likely need to use a batch render script for that.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562

JImW said:

Is there a way to render images without them being rendered consecutively? I'd like to render a series by skipping some frames, so 1,3,6,9 or whatever. 

Not sure if this will suit your needs, but you could also change the FPS in the timeline before rendering. For example, if you're scene is currently 30fps and you change it to 10fps, it will effectively render frames 1, 4, 7, 10, etc. (though they will be numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.).

HTH.

- Greg

• JImWJImW Posts: 21

Leana said:

You will most likely need to use a batch render script for that.

Thanks I found something online I'm going to try for this.

• JImWJImW Posts: 21

algovincian said:

JImW said:

Not sure if this will suit your needs, but you could also change the FPS in the timeline before rendering. For example, if you're scene is currently 30fps and you change it to 10fps, it will effectively render frames 1, 4, 7, 10, etc. (though they will be numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.).

HTH.

- Greg

Thanks. Yes I've tried this but still would be a nice feaure to be able to render certain frames instead of the way it works currently. At the moment, I have to move the animation to each frame and render individually if I don't want everything rendered.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106

JImW said:

algovincian said:

JImW said:

HTH.

- Greg

Thanks. Yes I've tried this but still would be a nice feaure to be able to render certain frames instead of the way it works currently. At the moment, I have to move the animation to each frame and render individually if I don't want everything rendered.

It would be a lot less of a PITA to just render the whole thing and delete (or move out of the folder) the frames you don't want/need. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,637
    edited January 2023

JImW said:

algovincian said:

JImW said:

HTH.

- Greg

If you wanna set up a batch job of rendering a series of specified frames of a scene file, a workaround is to use Manfriday's Render Queue plugin. But this plugin does not allow to put multiple 'current opened scene' into the queue, so you have to save a series of scene files by frames, e.g. render 20 different frames, save 20 files. In each file, you set the frame you want to render as current frame and save the file with different suffix. Then throw them into the queque with proper setup, click Render and go to bed...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712

well 1,3,6,9 would be 10fps

• Try mcjListRender script from mCasual. I haven´t tried but it should be exactly what you are looking for.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,637

Nice script! Simple and working~ Thanks!  Magical mCasual~

WendyLuvsCatz said:

well 1,3,6,9 would be 10fps

Good call. And that's exactly how the DS timeline would edit a 30fps animation if changed to 10fps. No script, just a flick of the switch!

Magical is right! I'm going to start collecting more of his (mCasual) wonders!!!