Use G8F L.I.E. on G8.1F

Hi, I haven't purchased this G8F item yet and would like to use it on a G8.1F character. Any idea as to whether it would/should work, I believe that G8F ansd G8.1F UV sets are not exactly the same?

https://www.daz3d.com/wounds-and-blood-for-genesis-8-female-s-and-merchant-resource

Comments

• Genesis 8.1 has both the Gensis 8 UVs (which woudls till work) and its new 8.1 UVs. I don't have this set but if you do want to use it on a character using the 8.1 UVs it may be possible to apply the LIE materials, with soem degree of manual work, to a Geometry Shell rather than diectly to the figure - the shell would be able to use the Genesis 8 UVs.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,739

For the wounds on body & head, it only works for the G8.1F which have the same texture maps on body and head surfaces with UV Set - Base Female. If the texture maps are different, with UV Set - Base 8.1 Female, it does not work. Layered Image Editor cannot help with it either~ There's no problem for the wounds on other surfaces.

• crosswind said:

For the wounds on body & head, it only works for the G8.1F which have the same texture maps on body and head surfaces with UV Set - Base Female. If the texture maps are different, with UV Set - Base 8.1 Female, it does not work. Layered Image Editor cannot help with it either~ There's no problem for the wounds on other surfaces.

That would be because the surface names have changed, so again some manual set up (if the correct UVs are in use or via a Geoemtry Shell) would be required.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,739

Richard Haseltine said:

crosswind said:

That would be because the surface names have changed, so again some manual set up (if the correct UVs are in use or via a Geoemtry Shell) would be required.

Yes indeed and UV matching~  Geoshell might a workround. I have that script to create a 8.0 geoshell on 8.1 but still had no chance to try some real case ~