How can I fit the gat to my character hair? (Have Picture)

Hey! 

I really like hats and stuff like this but when I put some hats I always have "hair problem" I also love the outfit Time Jumper and I want to use the hat.

Whats the best way to make the hat fit the hair and looks good?

thanks! :)

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026
    edited January 2023

You'll have to modify the hair so that it fits under the hood or hat, or hide the parts which poke through. 
    You can try using whatever adjustment morphs are provided with the hair, using dFormer (or mesh grabber if you have it) to pull it under the hood, geometry editor to remove or hide some polygons...

This product also provides tools to help: https://www.daz3d.com/sy-hat-and-hair-helper-genesis-8

Post edited by Leana on
  • foxyfoxfurriesfoxyfoxfurries Posts: 305
    edited January 2023

Leana said:

You'll have to modify the hair so that it fits under the hood or hat, or hide the parts which poke through. 
    You can try using whatever adjustment morphs are provided with the hair, using dFormer (or mesh grabber if you have it) to pull it under the hood, geometry editor to remove or hide some polygons...

This product also provides tools to help: https://www.daz3d.com/sy-hat-and-hair-helper-genesis-8

Ok I hope it easy to use haha , I will buy it and check it out thank you :) 

I bought this item but when I put it on the Hair its not do nothing even if I up and down the numbers you know maybe why?

Post edited by foxyfoxfurries on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

Did you check the PDF manual included?

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

What hair is it?

If it is dForce you could use some helper object to get it inside the hood.

And if not dForce, you should be able to use mesh grabber. I don't know if mesh grabber works on strand based hair. Have never tried it.

• felis said:

What hair is it?

If it is dForce you could use some helper object to get it inside the hood.

And if not dForce, you should be able to use mesh grabber. I don't know if mesh grabber works on strand based hair. Have never tried it.

@Leana oh didnt notice it , it seems kinda hard to do I will check it out :)

About the hair not sure how to call this hair its from Rera model in the shop , I have some options to change and move the hair but not that much I try D-Former but its not make it so well but make the work +-

If you have better idea let me know :D 

edited January 2023

This https://www.daz3d.com/rera-and-rera-hair-for-genesis-8-females

That is transmapped hair, so if you have mesh grabber you can use that.

You could probably also use a d-former, but I have only used them limited, so I can't give a good advice there.

But you should also be able to use the Hat helper linked by Leana. I looked in the manual. You have to apply the helper first, and then with the helper selected you load the hair. And then there will be a number of morphs on the helper that will adjust the hair.

Post edited by felis on
  • felis said:

This https://www.daz3d.com/rera-and-rera-hair-for-genesis-8-females

That is transmapped hair, so if you have mesh grabber you can use that.

You could probably also use a d-former, but I have only used them limited, so I can't give a good advice there.

But you should also be able to use the Hat helper linked by Leana. I looked in the manual. You have to apply the helper first, and then with the helper selected you load the hair. And then there will be a number of morphs on the helper that will adjust the hair.

Thank you very much and yes that's what I did but nothing happend it means I did something wrong.

I put the model , then put the Hair helper on my model , then I put the hair , then I tryed to change it with the Hair helper but nothing change 

It is not clear.

Had you the helper selected when you loaded the hair, i.e. the hair is fitted to the helper?

• felis said:

It is not clear.

Had you the helper selected when you loaded the hair, i.e. the hair is fitted to the helper?

My english not that good I will try it again with the helper doc guid and I hope I will succed , If you say that its need to fit this hair I missed something I will try it again :)

Thanks! 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,731
    edited February 2023

Making a natural fit, easy or not, depend on the morphs along with the products you use and a couple of proper tools. For most of the cases, I just dial in the morphs of the hat/hood/hair and use Mesh Grabber to make them well match from one another.

Sickleyield's hair helper is a good product but it cannot handle all the cases. Especially some of its morphs will drag the hair into the head and it will looks worse. Just because the hair fits on the helper, the collision in between the hair and the figure's head will be a problem. You have to do lots of tweaks. You may well judge the products then decide what tool you're gonna use. For dForce hair, you may also take a look at https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-hair-helper-and-knitted-hat

For this Rera Hair, a non-dforce one, I just roughly dialed some morphs of the hair and hood, gave them a couple of drags by using Mesh Grabber. (sometimes you need to grab and drag both of them) The hair could be well 'wrapped' into the hood. If some fine and messy hair are not easy to be selected, you may use Geometry editor to select them, even hide them. 

Beside, Mesh Grabber can save the 'dragged result' as a morph, you may reuse the morphs to fit the hair to other hats/hoods by dialing different percentage. That'll save some time~

Post edited by crosswind on
  • foxyfoxfurriesfoxyfoxfurries Posts: 305
    edited February 2023

crosswind said:

Making a natural fit, easy or not, depend on the morphs along with the products you use and a couple of proper tools. For most of the cases, I just dial in the morphs of the hat/hood/hair and use Mesh Grabber to make them well match from one another.

Sickleyield's hair helper is a good product but it cannot handle all the cases. Especially some of its morphs will drag the hair into the head and it will looks worse. Just because the hair fits on the helper, the collision in between the hair and the figure's head will be a problem. You have to do lots of tweaks. You may well judge the products then decide what tool you're gonna use. For dForce hair, you may also take a look at https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-hair-helper-and-knitted-hat

For this Rera Hair, a non-dforce one, I just roughly dialed some morphs of the hair and hood, gave them a couple of drags by using Mesh Grabber. (sometimes you need to grab and drag both of them) The hair could be well 'wrapped' into the hood. If some fine and messy hair are not easy to be selected, you may use Geometry editor to select them, even hide them. 

Beside, Mesh Grabber can save the 'dragged result' as a morph, you may reuse the morphs to fit the hair to other hats/hoods by dialing different percentage. That'll save some time~

Seems cool! I will try it out! Really thanks for the pictures and guid it will help me when I will buy it! Thanks it will help me for sure!!! :) 

Post edited by foxyfoxfurries on
  • his xhis x Posts: 866
    edited February 2023

foxyfoxfurries said:

Hey! 

I really like hats and stuff like this but when I put some hats I always have "hair problem" I also love the outfit Time Jumper and I want to use the hat.

Whats the best way to make the hat fit the hair and looks good?

thanks! :)

I THOUGHT you meant hat. GAT is old slang for "pistol." :-)

Post edited by his x on