DAZ using GPU for Iray preview but not during render

Hello,

I have been using DAZ for a couple of years without any rendering problems but now that I have a new computer I am seeing something strange.  DAZ seems to be using my GPU to preview in Iray but not during the actual rendering.  I have attached three screen shots.  The first shows my settings. The second is activity during Iray preview. The third shows activity during actual render.  I have noted that the GPU memory seems to be used in both cases and that the CPU does not seem to be doing much in either case.  Any ideas?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,600

Have you checked the logs to see if you are running out of memory?

In your scene you may have some items that have a different SubD level for preview vs render so perhaps the scene fits in memory in one way but not the other?

May also be a driver issue?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,456
    edited January 2023

The Task manager by default doesn't show cuda activity (used when Iray rendering), one must choose Cuda or Compute to see whats going on.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • SofaCitizen said:

Have you checked the logs to see if you are running out of memory?

In your scene you may have some items that have a different SubD level for preview vs render so perhaps the scene fits in memory in one way but not the other?

May also be a driver issue?

Thank you, but it has plenty of memory.

• newaltmlnewaltml Posts: 31
    edited January 2023

PerttiA said:

The Task manager by default doesn't show cuda activity (used when Iray rendering), one must choose Cuda or Compute to see whats going on.

Please excuse my ignorance, but how would I "choose Cuda or Compute"?  If you mean checking the boxes in the render settings, I have the CPU unchecked and the CUDA (showing my GPU) checked.  Also have CPU fallback disabled.

Post edited by newaltml on
  • I attached three screen shots to my original message but they do not show up.  Can anyone tell me why?

• newaltml said:

PerttiA said:

Please excuse my ignorance, but how would I "choose Cuda or Compute"?  If you mean checking the boxes in the render settings, I have the CPU unchecked and the CUDA (showing my GPU) checked.  Also have CPU fallback disabled.

Go to the performance tab, select the GPU, and click the triangle on one of the graphs to set it to show one of those items.

• newaltml said:

I attached three screen shots to my original message but they do not show up.  Can anyone tell me why?

They are still theer. For some reason images do not always display.