Title: A Dragon That Would Not Be Tamed

Software: Daz 3D

Challenge: Intermediate

Feedback welcome!

A Dragon That Would Not Be Tamed_edited.png
    2000 x 2000 - 8M
    Post edited by katywhite on
  • Shimrian said:

@aprilshowers2065 - I like the changes! The letters seem like they are coming from the crystal on the staff now.

Thank you! laugh 

• AgitatedRiot said:

SapphireBlue said:

I like this image. I haven't used the wind node. Some say it doesn't work well if it's too close to the actor. May I ask what hair you used? 

Thanks  AgitatedRiot! I used Linday's beautiful Classic Blowout Hair. After reducing the hair density, I got something going in the first or second try in that early image and I was too happy with the result and too lazy, so didn't experiment further. Well, your comment gave me a good excuse to quickly experiment a little more. Here are two super quick tests, one with a wind node on the character's left somewhere, the other on the right, with some altered parameters to see if it wasn't just dumb luck the first time. A little bit of tweaking can get useful results I think to add to the realism of a render. I also tried to add dforce to a non dforce hair and try this, but that was a big mess. Need to read up more on that!

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,219
    edited December 2022

SapphireBlue said:

AgitatedRiot said:

SapphireBlue said:

I like this image. I haven't used the wind node. Some say it doesn't work well if it's too close to the actor. May I ask what hair you used? 

Thanks  AgitatedRiot! I used Linday's beautiful Classic Blowout Hair. After reducing the hair density, I got something going in the first or second try in that early image and I was too happy with the result and too lazy, so didn't experiment further. Well, your comment gave me a good excuse to quickly experiment a little more. Here are two super quick tests, one with a wind node on the character's left somewhere, the other on the right, with some altered parameters to see if it wasn't just dumb luck the first time. A little bit of tweaking can get useful results I think to add to the realism of a render. I also tried to add dforce to a non dforce hair and try this, but that was a big mess. Need to read up more on that!

Have you ever played around with Line Tessellation on force hair? You can get some crazy mad-looking hair. WillaA has default settings for the hair. WllaB has the line tessellation of 1000000. Most of the difference is by the part and colors

WillaA.png
    1667 x 2697 - 2M
    WillaB.png
    1667 x 2697 - 2M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • Aki3dAki3d Posts: 142
    edited December 2022

Titel: Hot Rod Race

Challenge: intermediate

Software: Twinmotion

Creating the scene was a little bit of work. I wanted the look from a 50s movie. Light comes from a HDRI and a countless number of car spotlights and some neonlights. 

Feedback welcome

Attaching a file doesn't work, so I copied a link from the gallery.

Post edited by Aki3d on
  • Title: Meeting Together in the Woods

Software: Daz 3D

Challenge: Intermediate

2nd entry. Feedback welcome!

Since images aren't posting, I'm linking from my gallery:

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited January 2023

Happy New Year, and thank you for all the outstanding entries! The contest is now closed.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 831
    edited January 2023

AgitatedRiot I definitely haven't played with Line Tessellation yet - will look it up! yes

aki3d Very cool work and so much detail. Well done! You captured that old movie BW colors/lighting so well, that I'm sure a giant Godzilla or Tarantula is going to step into the scene and ruin the race! wink

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • New User's Showcase - December 2022

Beginners:

Halcon Bluesky - Queen of Austerity

Queen of Austerity

Apprentice - Merry Christmas

Intermediate:

HLEET_3D - Genesis 9 on the Beach

marconft6 - Samurai Santa

SapphireBlue - Out of the Glow

New User Welcome:

Pentarian - "Look What I Found"

Great job, everyone!

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 473

Congratulations everyone!

• Halcon BlueskyHalcon Bluesky Posts: 280
    edited January 2023

I am humbled to know my render has been featured, I cannot express with words my gratitude.

Very long time ago, I joined Daz3D, but I did not use the Daz Studio program.

Just last year, I took the plunge and tried to get to know how to handle it.

Still I have long way to learn more about the way how can achieve a more in-depth rendering style.

I have never thought I would be utilizing a 3D graphics program like Daz Studio. 

3D is the way of the future and it cannot be understimated.

Thank you very much.

Post edited by Halcon Bluesky on
  • Congrats everyone!

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,593

Congratulations to the winners, awesome job! :)

• Congrats to the winners!

• Thank you! And congratulations to everyone!! heart

• Congratulations to the fellow winning partticipants.

I haven't had time to say that.

After all, you have got the skills to go beyond the basics and the intermediate levels.

At the moment I have to determine and fix my computer, as Windows 11 is playing rough with me.

I hope to get everything back to normal and start again to be ready for a next challenge if everything goes well.

Big hug to all, cheers!

• I am glad you liked it. Congratulations to the others and thanks for everyone contributing ideas and informations here.

• apprentice, change you image.

Look for something you like it, it will give you a better look

• @ Halcon Bluesky

Well, I am planning to change it. But I want to use something I rendered myself.. so it will take some time till I get there.

• katywhitekatywhite Posts: 414

Congrats everyone! Job well done :)