The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

W00t, my 23in iguana shipped! A new friend for my plush snakies!

I have to clean off desk space for the monsters, though. Godzilla - Ghidorah - Hedorah - and Destroyah! Gives me something to do tonight while things cook.

Safety tip: hydration is important. I've been remiss about drinking plenty of water and wondered why my blood glucose was creeping up despite diet and meds.. 3 cups of water a day won't cut it! Argh. Once I started getting enough, it dropped back down. End of panic time!!

Almost time to go home and the sky is clouding up nicely. I left my umbrella at home, so I predict about a 48% chance I'll get rained on during the trip. Well, we need the rain, and I drip dry! Heh.

plushie monsters! :lol:

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited August 2012

Don't feel like lunch today, dentists ironically ruin appetites :) On the upside is sunny and almost warm here today.

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

@ps1borg: Hurr hurr... I read that as "I don't feel like being lunch today" XD
    Okays, art supplies ordered. Came to $110 including shipping costs. I forgot to change the shipping address so hopefully I won't be needing all of them in class tomorrow. I have some of the needed stuff already but not all of it. Grandpa should be back from Yosemite soon and so I can pick up the delivered supplies then.

edited December 1969

the render i started at 23:30 Monday night is still running. and i even bumped the bounces down to 12 :-/

i wanted to try the ezmetals, i used a few of them in the render. and the new Kezwm figure.

it's more than half done, but still a ways to go.

chuckle, i peeked at the lineage of my new eggie, tee hee, someone was having fun with their dragons' names http://dragcave.net/lineage/dKM2Y :lol:

edited December 1969

Indigo does seem to be a bit faster than Maxwell. I suppose it also depends on the scene and what's in it... Oh yeah and I also don't understand things like exit portals which supposedly help speed up interior renders.
    I only have one transparent material in the scene anywayz.
    Eggs eggs eggs...

edited December 1969
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

Waiting for case worker to come.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

See? I told you I would have a complaint today.

I logged in to notice that I have been dropped from all my groups.
    I ordered some items before I noticed so I did not get my PC discount on that order.
    I'm locked out of some of my favorite threads, one of which I'm doing a render for.
    I'm gifting a prize for a contest I can not get to anymore.
    Last but not least I need a browser that supports all the features of the site, IE and Chrome bite.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

You've been bitten by that "drop out of Platinum Club" bug that bit my arse last week. Contact Zendesk ASAP, ask them to give the difference BEFORE they restore your PC status, 'cause chances are otherwise that you might drop out again.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

W00t, my 23in iguana shipped! A new friend for my plush snakies!

I have to clean off desk space for the monsters, though. Godzilla - Ghidorah - Hedorah - and Destroyah! Gives me something to do tonight while things cook.

Safety tip: hydration is important. I've been remiss about drinking plenty of water and wondered why my blood glucose was creeping up despite diet and meds.. 3 cups of water a day won't cut it! Argh. Once I started getting enough, it dropped back down. End of panic time!!

Almost time to go home and the sky is clouding up nicely. I left my umbrella at home, so I predict about a 48% chance I'll get rained on during the trip. Well, we need the rain, and I drip dry! Heh.

plushie monsters! :lol:

You can never have too many fuzzy, cute, adorable MONSTERS and CRITTERS!!! :coolsmile: %-P

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    See? I told you I would have a complaint today.

I logged in to notice that I have been dropped from all my groups.
    I ordered some items before I noticed so I did not get my PC discount on that order.
    I'm locked out of some of my favorite threads, one of which I'm doing a render for.
    I'm gifting a prize for a contest I can not get to anymore.
    Last but not least I need a browser that supports all the features of the site, IE and Chrome bite.

Dang - that's pretty darn complaint-worthy! :ahhh:

edited December 1969

Random grouse" if I want to set a story (or a series) in a place, I'd rather have at least gone there to look around and not make newbie mistakes about what is where or how the place is. I'm working on a series concept that happens in New Orleans, and while I have a couple of nice books about the city and it's history and places, I don't think I can give it real "local flavor" without going - and a bus ride takes 11 hours and costs $290, not including any hotel, local transport, or food! Looks like I'll have to save up for a 4-day research trip.

Thankfully all of my other "real world" stories are set in Austin, San Francisco, Silicon Valley or D.C. - so I know these places and shouldn't make a mess of local color.

This isn't an issue for fantasy worlds as I can make it all up and not worry!

Blech, neck hurts - want to go home!

edited December 1969

Morning. Haz a sky full of dark clouds again today, I guess the weather is turning cold again :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

My stepfather made me watch some reality Tv. I think it was wife swap. I hate reality Tv. Actually I do not really enjoy watching Tv. I have watched too much Tv since getting to my mum's place.

I do not want to stay here anymore.

edited December 1969

My stepfather made me watch some reality Tv. I think it was wife swap. I hate reality Tv. Actually I do not really enjoy watching Tv. I have watched too much Tv since getting to my mum's place.

I do not want to stay here anymore.

Be like the willow tree. When bad winds blow the willow bends with the wind and lives to see another day. The stiff ridged trees are broken and blown down by the same winds. Learn to take things and let it pass, all things pass in time. Even if by letting the wind blow you can get to a place that is less windy later on. We all have windy days.
    edited December 1969

99% of today's complaints have been resolved. I'm back to doing what I do in the places I do them in. Now if I get that order taken care of thing's will be all hinky dory.

edited August 2012

render going 46 hours and only 2/3 done. i'm not really liking how brass is rendering, but the brushed steel is looking nice.

i made each tentacle on the tentacle lamps a different metal shader.

did i post the link to the lamps? cantz remember.

i can't watch rainbow mothra til the render is finished.

stopped at the pizza place, they had rainbow italian ice :lol: not tecnically a snow cone but it was delicious and turned my tongue colors, lol

tentacles lamp - http://www.sharecg.com/v/57361/gallery/11/Poser/Tentalamp-(Poser-8+)

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

A player fighting the Scarlet Devil herself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA3COkFetdI
    WIth AWESOME music at 1:42
    Also some adorable raptor images I found.
    1) Velociraptors are itty-bitty, and Utahraptors are big lummoxes.
    2) A raptor prince and his two pets.
    3) I'm considerably fluffier after I've had my tea~
    4) Raptors getting drunk on New Years XD

1325402195.lamasu_evenfallnewyear_.jpg
    600 x 417 - 130K
    1295149563.ixerin_krra_.jpg
    600 x 506 - 139K
    1314642639.hibbary_theprince_.jpg
    600 x 839 - 339K
    1325627419.ixerin_echbart_.jpg
    600 x 445 - 188K
    edited December 1969

I cannot be held responsible for any fainting caused by the sheer awesomeness of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-lk2U-x3_A
    "Digi-Rock for a Lost Princess", a remix by the fairly well-known music circle dBu of the song "Septette for a Dead Princess" (After all, Remilia is a Vampire)

edited December 1969

it's a couple hours early for a midnight snack, don't think i can stays awake much longer.

remember the render of biguana with the pizza? that was one of my favorites. :)

edited December 1969

it's a couple hours early for a midnight snack, don't think i can stays awake much longer.

Actually it was the Millennium SubDragon :)

dragon_discovers_pizza_by_sylxeriaguardian-d4eawrn.jpg
    600 x 384 - 150K
    edited December 1969

*squeals* This is too awesome! :D

Jim_Hawkins.jpg
    613 x 683 - 428K
    edited December 1969

Triple Post! :D
    Okay um... Yesh! More raptor-scraps~
    Maxwell used to render, and let it sit for about 1hr 34min.
    No one commented on the other two, maybe I need to make them more awesome?
    Also slight photoshop for some minor color correction and to fix the teeth.

raptorscraps.jpg
    600 x 450 - 195K
    edited December 1969

Skipped lunch to go for a swim and haz big hungry nao. Also, we haz storm - the temp is dropping and there is a rumble of distant thunder. Whoa, not too distant that last one ;)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Actually it was the Millennium SubDragon :)

Heh *cracks up*

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    *squeals* This is too awesome! :D

You will be able to draw like that :)

edited December 1969

More raptorscraps. I'm rendering out one more view of this scene before I move on to other stuff. I wish there was a way to save poses I liked though.
    This one I let render for three hours while I slept.
    @ps1borg: XD Not anytime soon though :)
    Still it was such a nice drawing of Jim I had to share it :P

Maxwell-7_2.jpg
    720 x 480 - 300K
    edited December 1969

Sure Happy It's Thursday! But.. COMPLAINTS!!!!

- Rezca makes me want to take drawing lessons
    - I have zero drawing skills
    - I have zero time to learn drawing skills
    - I have too many ideas and not enough time
    - My calves hurt and I'm not raising cattle
    - I have a desire to buy a new computer and I don't need one
    - Arugula tastes good but sticks in my teeth
    - Amazon ships too slow
    - Hotels in New Orleans aren't inexpensive
    - My eyes are all foggy today
    - My brain is all foggy today
    - Getting up at 5:15am blows
    - Getting up later means I miss the bus since I have a dozen things to o in the morning
    - Stabbing yourself right when you wake up is a crappy way to start the day
    - Replacing a foot bandage before you leave home takes too much time
    - Fixing breakfast takes too long
    - Shaving takes too long but I look like the Ubabomber in a beard and 'stache

Non-complaints:

- Payday!
    - My electric kettle is out for delivery
    - Vacation in 11 days!
    - Herbal tea was on sale so I loaded up
    - Fancy salad with meat for lunch!

That's it for a Thursday! :snake:

edited August 2012

is it morning already?

i'm trying to think of a catchy original sig line.

my favorite is LaurieA's "Never go to bed angry - stay awake and plot your revenge."

the bucket on my 2-3 day render hasn't moved since last night. i think it's in the tank.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

A few to chew over, not very original, but mostly funny

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Procrastinate now, don't put it off. "

"Always borrow money from pessimists - they don't expect it back. "

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. "

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines. "

"I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay."

This discussion has been closed.