Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 1969

awesomefb said:
    And lastly Realism WIP.

Reminds me of the Canadian singer "Lights"

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Just took a tour through your thread, you have some amazing renders. I can certainly see the growth throughout them, I am curious to know if your last few renders are still done with Luxrender? I have tried it but get too frustrated with settings and what they all do, seems when I make changes either nothing happens or my render completely vanishes to just a white screen....

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Thanx bud. We're both on the right track. Thanx for all your help/support.

MN-150374 said:
    awesomefb said:
    .... I've been brainstormin to create realism :coolsmile: .....

Looks like you´re on the right track. :)

edited December 1969

In some pics she does :-)

awesomefb said:
    And lastly Realism WIP.

Reminds me of the Canadian singer "Lights"

edited December 1969

Hi Kharma, thanx for visiting my thread, sharing lovely thoughts/compliments. Majority of my renders have been Luxrender past few months.

I certainly can relate to the frustration, sometimes I wonder if I have any brain cells left, frustration fried em all, after beginning 3D, Lol !!!!! I've learned with Luxrender, or any art software program, an artist has to start fresh, get familiar with interface, learn what each tool does, In the beginning I did alot of reading, experimenting with materials, one mesh light, using simple primitives, cubes, spheres, cylinders, etc..... to learn how lights affect surfaces. I took alot of notes. Then I moved on to simple objects, example chair I rendered in post #57, slowly progressing onto multiple objects, example school supplies post #62. If you have any questions, post em here or shoot me a pm, I'll certainly do my best to assist. Cheers :coolsmile:

Kharma said:
    Just took a tour through your thread, you have some amazing renders. I can certainly see the growth throughout them, I am curious to know if your last few renders are still done with Luxrender? I have tried it but get too frustrated with settings and what they all do, seems when I make changes either nothing happens or my render completely vanishes to just a white screen....
    edited June 2015

Hi DS friends, every rendered image is a wip, as I continue to improve my skills. I'm not happy with blade, still learning to tweak metals/mirror reflection. One of these day's, I'll actually learn to create a scene, till then using backgrounds, tweaking lights & surface settings. Happy rendering !

Rendered using Reality/Lux

Lux Lucia.jpg
    950 x 713 - 451K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited June 2015

Princess

Princess.jpg
    800 x 920 - 521K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
  • MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited December 1969

The Princess is a very lovely young lady! Very beautiful work, awesomefb! :)

edited December 1969

Hi friend, appreciate you taking time to view my thread, complimenting my progress, specially Princess, thanks :-)

MN-150374 said:
    The Princess is a very lovely young lady! Very beautiful work, awesomefb! :)
    edited March 2015

Been brainstorming to learn how to tweak surface/lighting. I re-did this image, illustrating comparison. Now on to learning bump maps. Happy rendering ! Cheers :-)

Dinja Compare.jpg
    928 x 499 - 402K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

The right one is so much more alive, well done

edited December 1969

Hi Pete, thanks so much bud ! Your feedback alway's appreciated. Still lot's of reading/learning :gulp:

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited March 2015

It's not a really fair comparison because the two women, while wearing similar outfits and hair, are actually completely different morphs and skins, and there are differences in their outfits, poses, camera angles, and backgrounds too, however subtle. IMO, it would be better to set up each scene perfectly identical, then render out one version in IRay, and one 3DeLight to compare them one to one with no other differences.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited December 1969

Hi Friend, thanks for feedback. No, not an exact scene comparison,but a comparison of improvements, as to what I learn in progress, composition, lighting, expression; etc....... I am not comparing render engines, I do not use IRay or 3Delight, I use Luxrender. But will keep your feedack in mind ;-)

It's not a really fair comparison because the two women, while wearing similar outfits and hair, are actually completely different morphs and skins, and there are differences in their outfits, poses, camera angles, and backgrounds too, however subtle. IMO, it would be better to set up each scene perfectly identical, then render out one version in IRay, and one 3DeLight to compare them one to one with no other differences.
    edited May 2015

Used IRay for first time today, since updating to 4.8,. I'm sure my workflow will progress, if I continue to use/learn IRay. So far, I'm not impressed as I was first time using Luxrender. I'll try to update my progress using IRay, if I decide to continue use. I did notice DS 4.8 3Delight, renders way faster then previous version. Here's my very first grainy render using IRay.

Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited June 2015

I have been working on alot of projects, still all wip's, thought I'd share a few, Renders are far from complete, learning to postwork in photoshop, using brushes. Plan to create my own backgrounds. Till next time, have fun rendering :-)

First render using Reality/Lux
    Second render using IRay

Reality Snare.jpg
    533 x 800 - 216K
    Iray Snare.jpg
    720 x 1080 - 342K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited June 2015

G2 in Egypt

V4 Egypt.jpg
    900 x 736 - 553K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited June 2015

V4 Underworld

V4 underworld.jpg
    900 x 675 - 570K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited June 2015

Making progress with IRay. Quick set up. Rendered in 7 minutes. I was using a skydome, which was causing renders to take forever, 20 minutes later still at 40%. Thought use of skydome prop was same as reality/Lux. This render I used environment HDR light. Once I figure out/learn lighting, I can start tweaking surfaces.

Rendered using Iray

Genesis Echo.jpg
    900 x 675 - 494K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Very cool perspective view on the Egypt one. Your' irays are coming along quite nicely :)

edited December 1969

Hi Cathie, thanks alway's. Iray comment surely made my day ;-) I need to go to bed, my IRay brain hurts, Lol !!! Cheers.

edited December 1969

Agree with Novica, you have done a got job with your first iray-renders. Keep up the good work! :)

edited December 1969

Thanks friend, your doing a fabulous job with your renders as well, you do the same.

MN-150374 said:
    Agree with Novica, you have done a good job with your first iray-renders. Keep up the good work! :)
    edited June 2015

Last year Aug 2014, I took a shot at creating the headless horsemen, using 3Delight. Beginning last night, I began re-working the render in IRay, only using one photometric light. Lot's of surfaces still need to be tweaked. Possibly one/two more lights. Katana blade is very challenging to get just right. For some odd reason, I have issues with metal shaders, in any render engine, Lol !!!! Hopefully, I'll have render complete by halloween.

Horsemen compare.jpg
    950 x 518 - 396K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited June 2015

Character model is VV Dinja.

First image, I used Reality/Lux, experimenting with lights, tweaking surfaces, facial morphs, background, etc.....

Second image, I used IRay, haven't tried any SSS skin, but will in the future. Will add a photometric light, reduce HDR/tone map adjust, see what happens. Happy rendering. Cheers ! .

Dinja comparison.jpg
    928 x 499 - 402K
    V4Dinja.jpg
    667 x 800 - 391K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited June 2015

awesomefb said:
    Character model is VV Dinja.

First image, I used Reality/Lux, experimenting with lights, tweaking surfaces, facial morphs, background, etc.....

Second image, I used IRay, haven't tried any SSS skin, but will in the future. Will add a photometric light, reduce HDR/tone map adjust, see what happens. Happy rendering. Cheers ! .

At least one thing is clear now, that character is gorgeous in both render engines! ;-)

Post edited by MN-150374 on
    edited July 2015

I'm reworking alot of 3Delight renders in Luxrender and now Iray, as I continue to learn new techniques, render engines. In the past, I rendered a double bass drum kit using 3Delight in post #23, over the weekend I rendered same drum kit in Iray using HDR. Now all I need to do is figure out all the lighting for a sound stage, for future drum kit render.

Rama drums.jpg
    950 x 680 - 518K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited December 1969

That is awesome AJ. I gather the drum outer in red is the Car Paint shader? If so try decreasing the flakes size.

edited December 1969

awesomefb said:
    I have been working on alot of projects, still all wip's, thought I'd share a few, Renders are far from complete, learning to postwork in photoshop, using brushes. Plan to create my own backgrounds. Till next time, have fun rendering :-)

First render using Reality/Lux
    Second render using IRay

I do like the Iray version better.
    edited December 1969

What's goin on bud? Thanks 4 compliment/tip. Yes, car shader. At first I convert to solid black, didn't look to good. Yeah, I'm still learning to tweak IRay settings. Purchased a music stage with a zillion lights, should be a fun one, Lol !!