About this program.

Can I use this program to make models for my game like Blender?

Comments

• I should think so. I have not tried Blender for a long time, it was the interface/shortcut keys that got me. Hexagon is very easy to get to grips with compared to other 3D modellers so it's a good place to start, when you've learnt everything you can with it then you can take that knowledge and move onto another modeller if you wish.

• kenmokenmo Posts: 895

Hexagon is super easy to learn unlike Blender which can be challenging, but Blender is worth the effort.

• mach25mach25 Posts: 256
    edited November 2022

Yes it works,but don't know if it's enough with only hexagon, for example when needed bones, for example 3d model of animals with movable limbs? 

Hexagon has decimate tool if needed to reduce poly count

Wee I agree with hexagon gui is compatible with me

Post edited by mach25 on
  • If you're using assets from the Daz store, you'll need an interactive license to use the models in a game.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,010
    edited November 2022

Cris Palomino said:

If you're using assets from the Daz store, you'll need an interactive license to use the models in a game.

Excuse me, if we make stuff from scratch with Hexagon, we've been allowed to do anything we want with our products.

eta: but yes certainly if decimating products from the store etc., that interactive license would be need for using the derivative products in a game.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Catherine3678ab said:

Cris Palomino said:

If you're using assets from the Daz store, you'll need an interactive license to use the models in a game.

Excuse me, if we make stuff from scratch with Hexagon, we've been allowed to do anything we want with our products.

eta: but yes certainly if decimating products from the store etc., that interactive license would be need for using the derivative products in a game.

If it's made from scratch it isn't from the Daz Store - I think Cris was meaning content, not the Hexagon application.

• Okay and thank you Richard :-)

Thanks Richard yes

if I create clothes, using vicky meshes imported into hexagon locked as reference, to get my clothes models right fitting vicky, but only export meshes without vicky? 

Creating a cockpit around vicky + create helmet and pilot suit and later use without vicky? 

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,010
    edited November 2022

That is how clothes are made for the figures. Have to make all our own dots, don't copy from the main figure.

{although one may find modeling the clothing to fit the default Genesis# figure easier to make clothing with back in D/S}

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Thanks Catherine yes