Does 4.12.1.16 allow multiple instances of Studio?

14567810»

Comments

• Richard Haseltine said:

Use the shortcut Wallace3D posted above and add the path to your file at the end.

Looks like this is for the shortcut only, what I wanted to get is to start the second instance just by clicking on the correcsponding DUF file. I spares a lof of clicking.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,727

Has anyone tested the script on 4.21?

And if it does work, can someone dummy-down the steps for me, please?

• WillowRaven said:

I use it all the time on Win11 and DS4.21.  Remember that you need to edit line 1 of the script and set $dspath to your DS install directory:

$dspath = "C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\DAZStudio.exe"  #Change to your Daz Studio Path.

After you have done that:

Right-click on the script and select "Run with Powershell", see attached image.

StartScript.jpg
    726 x 839 - 169K
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,727

nakamuram002 said:

WillowRaven said:

I use it all the time on Win11 and DS4.21.  Remember that you need to edit line 1 of the script and set $dspath to your DS install directory:

$dspath = "C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\DAZStudio.exe"  #Change to your Daz Studio Path.

Thanks. :) I'll try that.

Do you prefer the script or to use the beta version as a secondary instance?

• WillowRaven said:

nakamuram002 said:

WillowRaven said:

Thanks. :) I'll try that.

Do you prefer the script or to use the beta version as a secondary instance?

I never use the Beta versions, unless a spectacular new feature has been implemented.