who can help search fbx.dll for carrara 8.5 pro. Mac !

KhoeKhoe Posts: 293
edited November 2022 in Carrara Discussion

I read that this file was not supplied and that you could use it from 8.1. But I don't have the old version. could someone send me this dll or give me a link. Thanks

Post edited by Khoe on

Comments

• RuudLRuudL Posts: 190

The fbx.dll file should be in the Contents/MacOS/Extensions folder of the Carrara 8.5 application folder.  It came with the installation app.

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 293
    edited November 2022

RuudL said:

The fbx.dll file should be in the Contents/MacOS/Extensions folder of the Carrara 8.5 application folder.  It came with the installation app.

the File is 0k in my Install. 
    i open it with TextEdit is empty.
    i cant Import  FBX
    the message is then: Fbx.dll failled to load.

I read here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/266701/mac-fbx-import-issue

i read in older Thread  the File is in the Install broken.

Post edited by Khoe on
    edited November 2022

As far as I know the copyright would not allow me to send you a copy of this fbx.dll file.

You could make a ticket at the daz3d support desk or download the installation app again, assuming daz has updated the inst. app. Install C85 in a different location. After that copy the fbx.dll to the Application folder. 

Edit: I meant NOT allow me .... , Carrara is protected by copyright

Post edited by RuudL on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,823
    edited November 2022

people have had to ask DAZ customer support  for it as they messed up the Mac installation 

my Windows file will be of no use

hopefully Customer support will not be nasty saying they no longer support Carrara meaning, I cannot be bothered checking if we have it for you

Internet Archive is another possibility but the last one on CD was 7

https://archive.org/details/pcpro-192

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

it seems to be really difficult to shape . I downloaded the installation but unfortunately the installer is too old and doesn't start. You can only install via the download, but the file is empty there. so 0 K in size. Request to support so far no answer. We would be great if someone had the file for me, preferably the one from version 8.1

• you need a Mac user

I certainly can get the installer but cannot share

...or install that to grab the extension without a Mac

• the other option is if have any Windows machines even a cheap laptop, save .car and FBX files on that then use them on your Mac

WendyLuvsCatz said:

the other option is if have any Windows machines even a cheap laptop, save .car and FBX files on that then use them on your Mac

this ist the last way. 

edited November 2022

Problem solved !!!!!!! I was able to find another demo version 8.1 on the net. installed in another directory and the file is contained there. Then copied to the directory of 8.5 and tested. It works. Perfect who also has the problem can contact me. :)
    for Download
    attach .zip

zip
    zip
    FBX_dll.zip
    2M
    Post edited by Khoe on
  • glad you found a solution

+1