So... no more weekly freebies from DAZ?

2»

Comments

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited May 2012

Frank0314 said:
    A freebie has been put in the store today!

You tease, you

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sweet-dreams

Thanks to Daz and to you and Annie, Frank! :) Just love your stuff!!!!

I'm figuring this is the weekly freebie and will be free through June 5th?

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

No problem, and thank you. We love doing the freebies.

edited December 1969

And we love getting them :)

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

What exactly are the resource files or additional files for? Are they something extra and if so why are they not included in the purchase download?

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    What exactly are the resource files or additional files for? Are they something extra and if so why are they not included in the purchase download?
    These are the texture templates in case you want to make your own textures for the set.
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Ledhead said:
    These are the texture templates in case you want to make your own textures for the set.

TY, learning as I go :wow:

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    adamr001 said:
    Ledhead said:

TY, learning as I go :wow:

And the way they are right now, the exe files are for Windows and the zip files are for Mac, so you only need the ones for your OS (in this case, there are 2 Windows and 2 Mac Files

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684
    edited December 1969

so it is a swing bed? At least the weekly freebies are back.:-)

• crowfishcrowfish Posts: 1
    edited March 2015

Ledhead said:
    With the obvious money DAZ has lost this past couple of weeks, I could understand them not giving out any freebies for a bit.

I certainly for one do not want them going under, not only for their sake, but for many of us who have too much time and money invested in their product.

After these thoughts mentioned, I am still willing to bet that DAZ will do whatever they feel needs to be done to appease us in one way or another as I have had nothing but excellent support from them for whatever issue has come up for me in the past.

Of course I have only been doing this since February, so my experience with them is limited, but nevertheless satisfying.

All well and true,,but it's now 2015 and last weeks freebies in the "weekly freebies" are the same as the last 2 weeks that I have been back looking at DAZ.

I went to the repository where participants were giving away their own creation, It now looks dismally thin and lacks content, and the new installer is a nightmare to use, it took me 3 times to DL free content and had to send them a email before it would work,,I'm looking for another program, even something I might have to pay for as long as it isnt going the same proprietary way as what DAZ seems to be.

I keep getting the new version of DAZ to try and this version make me feel like I want the old first implementation of it, is there a older version available that has a serial number ?

Post edited by crowfish on