Ironmech Product Confusion

I have Ironmech Bravo

Today a whole bunch more Ironmechs got released including a construction set.

Does the construction set have parts the other mechs don't have, but no pre-configured builds?

Are the separate Ironmechs just pre-configured sets using the construction set?

Very interested in buying the construction set, but I'm not quite sure what I'm getting relative to the other Ironmech releases.

Thanks.

Comments

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 486

From looking at the Feature's Listing on the construction set it is set up so you can create your own Mech's where the Alpha through Fox are prebuilt sets for ease of use.

• Am I reading that right? That, in theory, with the construction set, you're also buying Alpha through Fox, you just have to assemble them yourself?

• onimushaonimusha Posts: 189

That is why I'm asking. I would like to be able to buy the construction set and know I'm getting all the parts. If the other sets have unique parts, that will help inform my purchasing decision.

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 486
    edited October 2022

It's harder to tell if there are unique parts as it's just listed as XX Amount of props instead of individual parts. We'd need someone who actually owns all of the sets to chime in on the thread.

Ok I looked through a couple of the readme's and there are unique parts in the pre-made Mech's products.

Post edited by Elliandra on

Indeed... or the artist themselves...

These sets do look really awesome and there's a lot I could do with them.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    Hey folks, let me see if I can clarify this. These sets almost never made it. After I lost my wife, I was finished creating Daz models and almost walked away. The IronMechs were a labor of love and took almost a year to see them done. But I did finish them. I was only going to release just the mechs but in the end, I decided to spend another month building the construction set for the community. Each of the mechs, Alpha through Fox have unique elements not found in the construction set as well as the construction set having unique parts and materials not found in the main mechs. The idea was to let you add on to your mechs or completely build your own mechs. Could you build all the IronMechs with the construction set? You could come very close but not exactly

Very sorry for your loss.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm really tempted to get the whole set now.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

https://www.daz3d.com/ironmech-construction-set

Sorry for your loss.

I wanted to know if they have "Snap On" features. Like if I click a prop, does it pop into the correct place and parent onto the proper body part.

I also can't believe this isn't a bundle or additive discount...but two, get X % off, buy 3, get X % off...etc...

And if no bundle, why not let them come out along a timeline. What so many today? That cart is HUGE.

I'm having to choose among them, which ones I like best. 

I'd rather have a modular kit of mech accessories, like large backpacks and super guns/bazookas and missiles....and...and a support set, like a repair station or mini factory......

a deployment vehicle that can transport mechs--- imagine something like Edge of Tomorrow and Mechs are hanging from hooks in a cargo transport.....

now I'm getting carried away, pun intended.

---------------

Alright. I got them all. Sheesh.

• Looking forward to getting them all. Glad to see you

• I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for the clarification. I have some deas to hopefully use these models in the future, so I am very grateful you took the time to complete them.

• Sorry for your loss, and thank you for doing the work to make these available. Thanks especially for going the extra mile on the construction set. It's already a joy to work with. I'm really happy to see how easy it is to apply the construction set materials to one of the pre-configured mechs, and the fleurs-de-lis on the red material look really cool!

The IronMech Bravo and the construction set are fantastic, and I look forward to picking up the rest of the mechs as I can

MechaVariations1.jpg
    3600 x 3600 - 3M
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,293

Apropos of nothing, it's always been funny to me how so much of mech media is based on the human form, even down to having human hands in most cases, as if the human body is ideally suited for combat. 

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 579
    edited October 2022

DzFire said:

Hey folks, let me see if I can clarify this. These sets almost never made it. After I lost my wife, I was finished creating Daz models and almost walked away. The IronMechs were a labor of love and took almost a year to see them done. But I did finish them. I was only going to release just the mechs but in the end, I decided to spend another month building the construction set for the community. Each of the mechs, Alpha through Fox have unique elements not found in the construction set as well as the construction set having unique parts and materials not found in the main mechs. The idea was to let you add on to your mechs or completely build your own mechs. Could you build all the IronMechs with the construction set? You could come very close but not exactly

I am really sorry to hear of your loss,

well done on another great model and add ons

I am very glad you did not walk away from making Daz stuff, as your models would be very much missed.

I still look back at the time of Dystopia with fond  memories and wounder where/what everyone ended up doing.

best wished and belated condolences to you and yours

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on