The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Rezca: very nice dragons! Keep up the good work!

For me, today sucks. But at least it's a short day, I can go home and feel miserable in the comfort of my own cave. Didn't accomplish enough this weekend. Lots to do before my vacation rolls around. Stomach is killing me. Feh. I'll go home and beat up some clay.

Maybe my first sculpting attempt will be - A LOACH! :ahhh: I need to get a camera too so I can take pics of my works. %-P I could do something with tentacles, but I need armature wire.. sigh. :-S

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Those are raptors Wooly :)
    This. This is a very cool image I found! It's Remilia Scarlet from EoSD, also known as "The Scarlet Devil"., using Gungnir to attack.
    Only real vampires have the courage to play with fire.

remilia_scarlet_gungnir_sm.jpg
    720 x 540 - 366K
    edited December 1969

'Course it's hard to see the spear in that one. This one a bit better in that sense, but no fire :<</p>

remilia_scarlet_sm.jpg
    600 x 374 - 85K
    edited December 1969

Raptors.. dragons.. when you're a loach, they're all BIG LEEZARDS WIF TEEF!!!!!! :bug: :bug:

Cute girl there! But I've always had a thing for magic girls with wings and weapons and fire and cute dresses that are vampires and...

:red: :red: :red: :red:

I'll cam down now. :red:

edited December 1969

Haha :)

Oh that reminds me of a line from a short story I had written about this raptor:
    "Out of all the insults one could make about his breed, the chicken comment was the worst. Utahraptors took this comment the same way dragons took the lizard insult – very poorly."

^_^
    Don't ever call raptors "chickens", and never ever call a dragon "lizard". You will get eaten XD

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Non-complaint: my mega-wishlist is now approximating to something useful, since I can access it and do tweaking with my utilities.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Non-complaint: August 20th and I'm sitting with the front door open and a Box fan in the window. Very nice.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

break for mac&cheeze; :)

importing obj is different between P7 and PP12.

first i had to uncompress the p4nudeman obz to obj.
    started with p7, import obj, Dork was splotchy with dark shmootzes and he had some kind of n-gon thing going on in his back.
    switched to pp12 and his obj imported much cleaner.
    who knows if the key ingredient is pp12's vert math, the way pp12 handles n-gons, or changes to the way the new materials work.

edited August 2012

More non-complaints!

- Bought an electric kettle online since the local ones were all crap
    - Bought a lovely tempered glass tea/coffee cup to match my crystal teapot
    - Bought a dozen packets of flowering green tea with jasmine flowers :coolsmile:

I was going to buy a small Weber grill, but decided that sitting outside in 100F+ heat while watching a hot grill, without being able to drink beer, would NOT be a worthwhile experience. I have an indoor grill pan I use right now that works out OK, some liquid smoke and a bit of sauce mixing and I can come close to "outdoor taste" without sunburn, mosquitoes, or curious raptors disturbing my cookout!

I need to get some of that Starbucks instant coffee and see how it is - my Folgers coffee bags are.. OK.. but when I want a weekend coffee treat, it's not quite up for it.. and a three-block walk to the coffee shop is still out of the question. :smirk:

I'm setting up a hot drink station on the table next to my computer center, so I can make hot drinkables without leaving the comfort of my writing nest. Dang I'm lazy. ;-)

*edit* Amazon is going to own me soon! They carry PECAN and APPLE liquid smoke (rare!), and.. and.. all my FAVE GODZILLA MONSTERS! So now I have Hedorah (Smog Monster), King Ghidora, Destroyah, and the big man himself - Godzilla - on my wish list!! :ahhh: Next thing you know I'll be back on my anime kick... :red: :red:

Post edited by Woolyloach on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

I need to write.

Just saw an awful article in wikipedia. Some people eat cute adorable cats. I cannot imagine doing that. That seems awful. I prefer them as pets.

edited December 1969

Paid for my classes, and Drawing Class starts tomorrow =3

Thursdays I have Accounting, and it goes late D:
    6Pm to 9PM D:

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Paid for my classes, and Drawing Class starts tomorrow =3

Thursdays I have Accounting, and it goes late D:
    6Pm to 9PM D:

Drawing and accounting - what a mix!!! :bug: Well, best of luck with both classes!

I'm going to start with stick figures having a magic war.. lol..

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Sunny under a clear blue sky so far today - about time, seems like we had weeks of cloudy days ;)

edited August 2012

break for mac&cheeze; :)

importing obj is different between P7 and PP12.

first i had to uncompress the p4nudeman obz to obj.
    started with p7, import obj, Dork was splotchy with dark shmootzes and he had some kind of n-gon thing going on in his back.
    switched to pp12 and his obj imported much cleaner.
    who knows if the key ingredient is pp12's vert math, the way pp12 handles n-gons, or changes to the way the new materials work.

You have to weld identical verts perhaps? P7 seems so long ago I barely remember, but I used the P4's a lot without too many problems I think :)

eta the crucifix on the wall is the P4 guy :) etta uh-oh busted smileys

CF.jpg
    712 x 519 - 42K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

it's fun to see them as ornaments, or a render used inside a render as wall decor.

dork's unseamly seams are too distracting. i'm gonna start over with p5 Don.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Non-complaint: My laptop's home.

edited December 1969

Another really cool pic of Remilia~

2906932_m.jpg
    300 x 600 - 125K
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Yaay! Is it all happy and working now?

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Hey great, hoping it didn't cost you too much to get fixed :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Great! Here's hoping it doesn't give you any more trouble.

edited December 1969

@Rezca: very nice dragons! Keep up the good work!

For me, today sucks. But at least it's a short day, I can go home and feel miserable in the comfort of my own cave. Didn't accomplish enough this weekend. Lots to do before my vacation rolls around. Stomach is killing me. Feh. I'll go home and beat up some clay.

Maybe my first sculpting attempt will be - A LOACH! :ahhh: I need to get a camera too so I can take pics of my works. %-P I could do something with tentacles, but I need armature wire.. sigh. :-S

Nuts to stomach upsets *hates* Real sunny here today, clear skies and even warmish out of the shade - just in time have been wearing the same sweater for weeks and it's gettin' a little sporty :)

edited December 1969

More non-complaints!

- Bought an electric kettle online since the local ones were all crap
    - Bought a lovely tempered glass tea/coffee cup to match my crystal teapot
    - Bought a dozen packets of flowering green tea with jasmine flowers :coolsmile:

I was going to buy a small Weber grill, but decided that sitting outside in 100F+ heat while watching a hot grill, without being able to drink beer, would NOT be a worthwhile experience. I have an indoor grill pan I use right now that works out OK, some liquid smoke and a bit of sauce mixing and I can come close to "outdoor taste" without sunburn, mosquitoes, or curious raptors disturbing my cookout!

I need to get some of that Starbucks instant coffee and see how it is - my Folgers coffee bags are.. OK.. but when I want a weekend coffee treat, it's not quite up for it.. and a three-block walk to the coffee shop is still out of the question. :smirk:

I'm setting up a hot drink station on the table next to my computer center, so I can make hot drinkables without leaving the comfort of my writing nest. Dang I'm lazy. ;-)

*edit* Amazon is going to own me soon! They carry PECAN and APPLE liquid smoke (rare!), and.. and.. all my FAVE GODZILLA MONSTERS! So now I have Hedorah (Smog Monster), King Ghidora, Destroyah, and the big man himself - Godzilla - on my wish list!! :ahhh: Next thing you know I'll be back on my anime kick... :red: :red:

smog monster!

i ordered rebirth of mothra yesterday. it's rainbow mosura, who could resist?

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Yaay! Is it all happy and working now?

Not quite, but it does boot now. I just have to get it back like I want it. Installed 4.5 tonight. Tomorrow morning I'll get new dragons installed and turn my grandson loose. Content is stored on an external, so it's intact.

It cost more than I would have liked, but I'm happy to be speeding along again.

edited December 1969

Rainbow Mothra is an irresistible force alright :)

edited December 1969

easy day today, is sunny outside so I'm going home early> Would love to go for a swim to get some of the kinks out of muscles but meh cooking dinner tonight and haz big hungry just thinking about it, better get cracking :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Wow, hot on the heels of the second rendering gig comes third! :) Cool. :)

edited December 1969

Found a photo I took~

I had to take this with one hand, since the moth was perched on my finger D:

1305466122.akaikosh_big-red-fluffy-moth_.jpg
    600 x 450 - 183K
    edited August 2012

Skiriki said:
    Wow, hot on the heels of the second rendering gig comes third! :) Cool. :)

Hey nice one :) Hope it is something you can enjoy :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Found a photo I took~

I had to take this with one hand, since the moth was perched on my finger D:

Teh cute furry flier

edited December 1969

Haz to go to the dentist tomorrow waaaaah! But is only for a regular checkup so it should be OK, Stll, dentist - waaaaaaah ! Wow the air feels kinda still and warmish tonight, but perhaps it is just wishful thinking :)

This discussion has been closed.