Video Background Possible?

Virtual MediaVirtual Media Posts: 85
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Can anyone please tell me how or if it's possible to add a video background to a DS scene? If there's a plugin I'll buy it, I really need this for a project I'm working on.

Comments

• NoName99NoName99 Posts: 322
    edited March 2015

There use to be a plug in for older versions of Daz, but I don't think there is any way to do this with Daz 4 and above.

That said, this is something I do frequently, and depending on the type of shots you're working with, it might be fairly easy for you to composite a video background using an outside program, it could also be quite complex.

Can you provide some more info on the specifics of your project?

Post edited by NoName99 on
  • Virtual MediaVirtual Media Posts: 85
    edited March 2015

I need to add a video BG or a window that will allow me to import a video so the character could interact with it. I'm actually surprised with how far DS has come and this isn't possible.

Thanks for the reply,

Post edited by Virtual Media on
  • NoName99NoName99 Posts: 322
    edited December 1969

Yeah it's somewhat surprising to me as well.

If the camera is locked down in the scene you are working with, I think the easiest way to do this would be too:

1) render out the scene with an alpha channel, leaving an open space where the video would be playing.

2) You would then place the video underneath the scene you rendered out of Daz, since the video is layered beneath, your character should be able to interact with the video.

Some of this depends on what type of software you have access too. Most NLE's have basic masking, layering, & compositing features built in that would allow you to do basic scaling and rotation to size the video into your Daz Scene.

This will only work if your camera in Daz is locked down. If your camera is moving, that's going to complicate things. It can still be done, but there's no quick way to do it.

• Virtual MediaVirtual Media Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the detailed reply, I have done something similar in the past as a work around I didn't think about locking the camera though, great tip. It would just be so much easier to animate a character properly with the video synced. One could only hope Daz will address this in the near future.