Daz Studio - Octane - Faceshift - Facial Capture - Genesis 2 Female

BenBassBenBass Posts: 14
edited March 2015 in Art Studio

testing, testing , R&D , Trail & Error ... testing , testing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFBhr4MlhRI

Ruphuss , you are right , sorry 4 that ... i was tooooo tired to post more info ;-)

So , I am trying to combine Faceshift with Daz Studio and i find a way to manage it.
I built my own Faceshift Morphs and import them back to Genesis with Morph loader.

I didn`t find any tutorials for this , so I did it that way and it works very nice.

The only important thing is , that u have to save the the new Faceshift Morphs with the right names , so that Faceshift can handle it.

Still testing and tweaking ....

Here is another one...it`s getting better and better...i hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6fz2Fxn9pE

cheers :-)

Henning

Post edited by BenBass on

Comments

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

benbass said:
    testing, testing , R&D , Trail & Error ... testing , testing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFBhr4MlhRI

tell something

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

very cool

• BenBassBenBass Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

thank you , Wendy :-)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220
    edited December 1969

Both videos had a very high production value look to them. The first had a sort of uncanny valley thing happening but the second video, The facial and head morphs and animation and the SSS at the fingers looked very expensive. You're on the right track.

edited December 1969

Thank you , FirstBastion :-)

At the end you see a red glow thats my fault , i didn`t increase the SSS medium scale values, but i let it...looks so "spacy" ;-)
    I have used the REDSPEC SSS Shaders.

I am testing Iray right now ... as everybody I guess.

:-)

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

there are worse music video productions out there, really
    now tell something more pls
    I want to know all about it

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,602
    edited December 1969

What is your light/render process. I'm trying to achieve that sort of lighting. Great the way that cloak flows with each step.

• VenerisVeneris Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Could you explain the process of moving from Faceshift to DAZ Studio step by step? Thank You.

• edited December 1969

Could you explain the process of moving from Faceshift to DAZ Studio step by step? Thank You.

I posted the steps in the below thread:

Steps to get faceshift facial data into Daz studio

edited December 1969

Looks like a great program….but $1500 a year?

• wwwalerawwwalera Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

I created a basic morphs to Genesis 2 (male and female) 51 morphs with the same title and the character’s facial expressions like feysshift. Works well, we checked in Unity 3d. Who needs please contact

edited December 1969

So you're saying you just swap out each facial expressiong…much as in stop motion where you can swap out a new face for each frame?

edited December 1969

sorry, do not quite understand in English, I'm from Ukraine)

Screen.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 259K
    edited December 1969

As i heard from "Faceshift" , there will come a plugin for Daz Studio with all Faceshift Morphs included.
    It will be so much easier then :-)

lets see ....

• wwwalera said:

Hi wwwalera  how get faceshift morph? I tried search on dazhop but not found.  or can you share here,,, please

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Won't Adobe/Mixamo be release a similar to Faceshift plugin in the the future? The two videos were good, I'm supposing though the mechanical feel to the 1st video's animation was intentional.

Such face shifting is only really valuable to me if I can have an audio-track of dialogue to scrub along with.

edited February 2016
    Deke said:

No one will create a plugin for Daz. I contacted faceshift. The plugin they are in no hurry to do. I was able to import the animation faceshift in Daz.

Post edited by wwwalera on
  • who is interested, my email [email protected]

edited February 2016
    wwwalera said:

Hi wwwalera  how get faceshift morph? I tried search on dazhop but not found.  or can you share here,,, please

Post edited by wwwalera on
  • wwwalera said:

Morphs I created for the project from the base.

It would be interesting for me but I have much other work to do before taking on beta test of new DAZ plugin. 

• morphs already tested. I work with them . Base G2 + morphs Faceshift - export Faceshift = creation of facial expressions in Faceshift - back to Daz. Guys please do not offer me $ 20. Morphs are not sold. I can advise how to do Daz. Or I can take part in an interesting project with Daz and Faceshift

edited February 2016
    wwwalera said:

morphs already tested. I work with them . Base G2 + morphs Faceshift - export Faceshift = creation of facial expressions in Faceshift - back to Daz. Guys please do not offer me $ 20. Morphs are not sold. I can advise how to do Daz. Or I can take part in an interesting project with Daz and Faceshift

Oh, I was confused I though you had reversed engined Faceshift and create a DAZ 3D plugin but instead you created a set of Genesis 3 and other common models common emotional facial animation using Faceshit you bought? For who are animations for models compatible for? Gen3, Gen2, Gen, and Mimic compatible models? 

Well I don't have need know but this autumn maybe I do but of course I would want to work out an agreement that I could test what was claimed there was actually there. I believe I would need to check PayPal's terms of service for refunds. I'm not rich by any means but I have licensed a few other models by the DAZ Originals and Poser Smith Micro models that are supplied with game dev licenses so I'm not looking to cheap anyone. Why I license all that why I have the attention span of a hyper child I don't know...

I will send you an email but I'm not interested until autumn...  

Post edited by nonesuch00 on