Gift Card, Wherefor art thou undiscounted?

2»

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

frank0314 said:

tsroemi said:

I'm really confused by the current sales tactics. Like others said, so many flash sales, and orange banners and whatnot, which is all very nice and fine - but don't they see what we really need to get started on the spending again? Conversion rates are going from bad to worse, pretty soon not even a decent giftcard discount will be able to catch that. What are you waiting for, guys?

There have been a lot of GC sales of late. The only variable is your definition of "decent"

No, there have not.  The last Gift Card that didn't require the purchase of something you didn't want was over a month ago.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,682

The last one I saw was a month ago and for 15%. I tried all ways to see if it was worth it and came to the decision it was better to not buy at all.

• I too am crazy low on store credit money.  I don't buy unless my store credit is high - I couldn't resist it was such a nice rhyme wink.  The sales haven't been great but one day they might surprise us and without store credit it would have to be crazy low prices for me to purchase.  WE NEED A GOOD GIFT CARD SALE!

• Same here. The current exchange rate - which is not the fault of DAZ of course - makes shopping here more expensive, plus the higher prices, plus the lower discounts and plus the awful buy-ins. I did not use the last gift card sale and I won't use the next one if again connected to buying new stuff nearly undiscounted. But I am actually not that uncomfortable not spending every second day. Things will get cheaper in the long run anyhow. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

There is a gift card sale today but it is only 10% off unless I buy two new releases over $10 each; and even then I only get an 18% discount. What a disappointment !!! It looks like I won't be getting much in the DAZ+ anniversary sale this month.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

Best I can do is two new DO's (any new, not just today's) just over $10 each, then use the monthly coupon to drop the total buy-in to $14+, but still get the 18% off. The discount is based on the price before the coupon. Better than nothing, for now...

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,308

I think the GC sale is really okay, look guys, it's a recession, right? I'm happy with it. Yes, there's a steep buy-in for the 18% off, but you do get 10% anyways, and that does really really help with the conversion rates already. Thanks, DAZ! laugh

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 885

Definitely welcome, I have no reason to complain.

• Don't want to complain. It is what it is. But if 10% without or 18% with heavy buyin is all DAZ can do than getting only a $100 card for 10% is all I can do.

It's simple: DAZ may motivate me to spend a lot and frequently (and this only works if I am high on store credit) or they may rather make me spend more infrequently and asking myself much more intensively if I really need the stuff.

Anyhow. Will probably use my store credit mainly on DAZ+FAD. Even that one has now stacking excluded but as said: It is what it is.

edited October 2022

Yep, it is what it is. Assuming the new releases aren't wanted, purchasing the maximum $500 gift card with $20 of new releases works out to 15%  discount on the gift card. Something is better than nothing; but DAZ sales including the gift card seem to have gotten a lot leaner lately. I guess I'll just have to really limit my spending here. 

ETA: And with the shortened time frame of the DAZ+ annniversary sale, it looks like we may not even get the benefit of the DAZ+ sale for the release of Genesis 9 crying

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

Charlie Judge said:

Yep, it is what it is. Assuming the new releases aren't wanted, purchasing the maximum $500 gift card with $20 of new releases works out to 15%  discount on the gift card. Something is better than nothing; but DAZ sales including the gift card seem to have gotten a lot leaner lately. I guess I'll just have to really limit my spending here. 

ETA: And with the shortened time frame of the DAZ+ annniversary sale, it looks like we may not even get the benefit of the DAZ+ sale for the release of Genesis 9 crying

Did they announce the end of the Daz+ sale already?  I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict this won't be Daz's last sale. 

Sevrin said:

Did they announce the end of the Daz+ sale already?  I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict this won't be Daz's last sale. 

Not exactly but in the members only sale thread DAZ_Jack Tomlin did say:

A few changes this year in that the sale will be shorter than it has historically been.  But fear not, nothing is missing - just more condensed.. it's going to be thick and fast so make sure you're around each day. Somethign about Genesis 9 launching?

• RiverMissyRiverMissy Posts: 292
    edited October 2022

I guess they were reading this thread and decided to choose the least wanted option.  Hmmm.  I am personally disappointed myself and it will cause me to buy a lot less which in the end is probably good for me.  Thanks for the heads up on the shortened timeframe.

Post edited by RiverMissy on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276
    edited October 2022

And anyone using Paypal, the conversion rate on UK £ hasn't kept up with the banks, so I wont be buying a Gift Cert until that balances out. I should have checked before even putting a small Gift Cert in my cart...

Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
  • JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 797
    Just a reminder for those getting a 10% discount and not wanting to spend $20 for the buy-in that once you start approaching $250 the buy-in is free. For example if you bought a $250 card the 10% discount would gain you $25 but if you bought a $250 card and spend another $20 you would get the 18% discount of $45 so the 45 minus the 20 you spent would still give you a 25dollar discount but now you would have two new items for no cost out of pocket. Just something to consider even a smaller card would get the items for a discount. Also anything above 250 would net you extra money.
  • If DAZ is interested in any anecdotal evidence about Gift Cards-I bought a Gift Card the first day of the sale and have bought items every day here since. 

For me it just hits differently buying from Store Credit.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

They had a 10% discount the other day but it didn't last long. I was out of town and unable to purchase. For crying out loud, 10% is hardly worth the bother to begin with and then it's up for a short time. But I would have taken the 10%.

• mwokee said:

They had a 10% discount the other day but it didn't last long. I was out of town and unable to purchase. For crying out loud, 10% is hardly worth the bother to begin with and then it's up for a short time. But I would have taken the 10%.

It was on for a day.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Richard Haseltine said:

mwokee said:

It was on for a day.

Why just a day? I was unable to take advantage since I was out of town. It may be a shock to some to think that you can't always be on the internet.

• Once upon a time I thought that perhaps Daz was basically making their money buy selling the data about what made us buy.  Seeing what works or not to get us to buy must be rather interesting and most businesses nowadays are in the buseiness of selling data more than stuff.  But if this were true then they would understand the psychology of gift cards. 

I compare gift card money to monopoly money.  It's bought in a lump sum that doesn't seem to feel as real or sting as much as the constant drip, drip, drip of purchasing daily in smaller amounts.  In some ways, and for some people, it is the difference between spending cash versus using credit cards.  Also, there is the rush of getting a good deal that many of us here probably enjoy alot. Getting a good deal on gift card money coupled with a good sale - well it just doesn't get any better than that.   Anyway, as we almost all have stated, we spend more when we have purchased gift card money at what we deem is a good deal.  I hope this clears things up for the powers that be at Daz wink.  

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276

Well I need a decent Gift Card discount or I can't by an extention to my Daz+ Membership. I bought a small gift card last time as the discount wasn't great and the currency conversion awful. Conversion isn't much better, sadly, but my membership expires in Dec

• 3Ddreamer said:

Well I need a decent Gift Card discount or I can't by an extention to my Daz+ Membership. I bought a small gift card last time as the discount wasn't great and the currency conversion awful. Conversion isn't much better, sadly, but my membership expires in Dec

I start to think that this may end as the perfect storm for DAZ.I doubt that I will care anymore about DAZ once my credit reaches zero. As a customer, I am totally missing positive experiences here now for quite some time.

• Nice deal on Gift Cards today. (buried in the daily promo). 

"Buy any New Release over $5 and get:
    10% OFF* Gift Cards up to $50
    15% OFF* Gift Cards $50.01–$200
    20% OFF* Gift Cards over $200.01"

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 797
    edited October 2022
    The spotlight item qualifies for the gift card purchase too.
    Post edited by JazzyBear on
  • Thank you for the tip with the spotlight item. Just stocked up on store credit. Was much needed.

• We need another 20% off Gift Card before V9 release.  Just spent out the one I had bought. So I guess the sales are successful.

• RangerRick said:

We need another 20% off Gift Card before V9 release.  Just spent out the one I had bought. So I guess the sales are successful.

And here it is. Today's card deal does not even require a buy-in. If my memory serves me right, this is the best GC deal since July

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

RangerRick said:

We need another 20% off Gift Card before V9 release.  Just spent out the one I had bought. So I guess the sales are successful.

And here it is. Today's card deal does not even require a buy-in. If my memory serves me right, this is the best GC deal since July

Yep. Buried on the promo page without any mention on the Sales teaser. Hope this one will stay on the page until I can check my balance.

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

RangerRick said:

Yeah! and the 20% discount kicks in at %150+ instead of $200+!  Thank you DAZ powers that be!

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

That extra penny on the final price is showing up again. $500 gift card costs $400.01. That won't break the bank, but it does demonstrate a certain sloppiness to the calculations.