Gift Card, Wherefor art thou undiscounted?

Gift Card, Wherefor art thou undiscounted and to be so far off? It has been so long since I have held you in my hands. May the gods shine upon us and give us a greatly discounted reunion!

Comments

• +1000

The DAZ+ anniversary sale is coming soon and we really need a great gift sale before that.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

They're trying to keep me from spending on G8, so I'll have money for G9.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,759

The prices go up, the discounts are reduced, and I'm shopping more at the other stores.  Do you suppose that there's a mole in DAZ Marketing that's actively trying to submarine the company?  It sure would explain a few things...

• Yup, it's been a while since last one, and I haven't been able to get one then either, due to paypal issues.

• Gift cards helped me save quite some money. Not having any store credit left (and no decent gift card offer to fill it up) helped me saving even more. So, thank you, Daz, for caring for my financials.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,729

Yep, Marketing did a great job on suppressing my purchasing by not having a decent gift card sale. When you are keeping a strict account of your credit card you see the amounts add up. Makes so much look better on the Wishlist.

Sorry PAs, I had really wanted to buy during the PA sale like crazy.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Everything at Daz costs more and sales/deals have been lacking compared to the past. I've gone from spending $120/month to $20/month because there is no ROI for products purchased.

I'm kind of liking it though, saving a ton of money and spending more time with products I purchased but haven't used yet.

• Best promotion for Victoria 9 (other than actually telling us what specific items would be in the bundle) would be a 20% off Gift Card sale.  Actually, that's probably the best promotion for almost anything. They should have them monthly.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

Cybersox said:

Do you suppose that there's a mole in DAZ Marketing that's actively trying to submarine the company?  It sure would explain a few things...

That seems to be a common issue nowadays. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

xyer0 said:

Cybersox said:

Do you suppose that there's a mole in DAZ Marketing that's actively trying to submarine the company?  It sure would explain a few things...

That seems to be a common issue nowadays. 

Could be a femole! 

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439

Given the way the pound is tanking at the moment, a Daz Gift card discount is going to be an absolute prerequisite of me buying anything again.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,345

ecks201 said:

Given the way the pound is tanking at the moment, a Daz Gift card discount is going to be an absolute prerequisite of me buying anything again.

Same here with the euro. This is gonna be my last DAZ+ sale for the foreseeable future, really need a little something to help with the terrible conversion rates. And NOT with a buy-in that sucks up all the discount this time, please ... 

• I just passed up some animals I wanted from the now ending flash sale because my I'm conserving what little credit I have left. We really need a good gift card sale.

• Is Daz trying to clear open store credit off their accounts? Are they just teasing us to build anticipation for an amazing gift card sale? Is the new marketing and gen 9 done a good enough job to bring in new customers that don't need a discounted gift card? Are sales so poor that they're not wanting to offer a gift card sale? Have they forgotten any 25% gift card sale applied to an item that is already 60% off is only 10%, so a small loss to the company that actually generates more revenue and a big benefit to the customer with low overhead for Daz? Which do you all think it is or do you have other reasons it might be?
  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,150
    edited September 2022

I don't know the reason. Can only say that this made me pass quite a few offers lately, from new core characters or bundles to various flash sales. Hell, I even leave the DAZ+ releases out there for buying maybe later.

But there is hope. The recent frequency of Flash Sales does indicate they want to generate additional turnover to the regular promotions. And there is no better way to generate instant & high turnover IMO than offering a gift card sale where discounts are tied to the amount spent. So give me a GC sale at the end of the month with up to 25% or more tied to a GC with a minimum of $200 or maybe even $300 and I'm in. Tie this to buying X+ new releases for at least $Y each and I will probably pass like I did with the last GC sale.

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on

I'm really confused by the current sales tactics. Like others said, so many flash sales, and orange banners and whatnot, which is all very nice and fine - but don't they see what we really need to get started on the spending again? Conversion rates are going from bad to worse, pretty soon not even a decent giftcard discount will be able to catch that. What are you waiting for, guys?

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569
    edited September 2022

well, amount spent this week is exactly $0 so far. My lowest spending since two(!) years. Reason is the total absence of any decent GC offer to stack up my store credit, plus not really interesting flash sales. And the buy-in for discounts on the daily promos seem to get worse.

Is it just me, or are they basically repeating the 60% off DO's every day now? I guess I already have the DO's I wanted, so thanks, I am out of that too.

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
  • It really for me is as simple as

no 20%+ gift card -> no store credit -> no buy

• I've only placed one order this week with the remaining store cred I had, to use the orange banner code. That order was about 10x smaller than it would have been if I actually had credit.

As for the flash sales.... I can't remember the last time I bothered to look at them.

I really REALLY hope we'll have a decent giftcard deal before the sale starts, I've been looking so much forward to it ...

• Due to the large time since the last gift card sale and now and the exchange rate on the dollar a lot of people have a lot of money that they're waiting to drop into gift cards. That being said I hope that Daz remembers to give us at least 25 percent discount with just a money buyin. I assume most people do not buy at 100% items and so get 25% off the cost, rather they try and get something like 60% and then use the gift card so really they're going to get an effective 10% more being 25% of the remaining 40%. Sometimes I fear and Dad sees the 25% discount some colossal discount but in reality it allows more cash to be brought in and cash that they can hold on to until it's needed.
  • James_HJames_H Posts: 1,006

I may buy something, but I won't buy much. Pity, really. Gift cards have been helpful for me. I'm cutting back on alcohol, so addiction can be curbed.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,363

tsroemi said:

I'm really confused by the current sales tactics. Like others said, so many flash sales, and orange banners and whatnot, which is all very nice and fine - but don't they see what we really need to get started on the spending again? Conversion rates are going from bad to worse, pretty soon not even a decent giftcard discount will be able to catch that. What are you waiting for, guys?

There have been a lot of GC sales of late. The only variable is your definition of "decent"

edited September 2022

frank0314 said:

tsroemi said:

There have been a lot of GC sales of late. The only variable is your definition of "decent"

If the buy-in I need to make is so high that it eats up the GC discount and then some, then it's not a deal that makes sense to me. And most have had very high buy-ins in the last few weeks, and usually from a very, very narrow category of expensive new items that I didn't need or want. I'm not looking for stuff for free, especially not stuff that I have no use for. What I and many others right now really need is a little help to even out the bad dollar conversion rates. If DAz can't realize that, or maybe just doesn't want to accommodate us, well, that's their prerogative of course. But right now, the 'variable' is not my definition of 'decent', but the dollar exchange rate, really. 

Edited to add: And it's quite a pity really, because there's been some nice deals I would have loved to take advantage of. But the way things are at the moment, I just can't.

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • frank0314 said:

tsroemi said:

When ?. The last one I remember was a few weeks ago and had a high buy-in. 

• Charlie Judge said:

When ?. The last one I remember was a few weeks ago and had a high buy-in. 

Yup, when? The last one was ~3 weeks ago on 11.

• my purchase the other day AUD was 0.61 USD

so yeah a giftcard discount might be the only way I will be tempted to part with cash

• For me, the equation is quite simple. No store credit = no purchase. 

There have been GC offers a few months(!) ago on the line of "get xx% for any GC above yy$". That I would call "decent". A GC with "Get a riduculously low discount only if you buy at least 4+ New Releases" is NOT a decent offer, especially if I have zero use for any of the qualifying new releases.

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

For me, the equation is quite simple. No store credit = no purchase. 

There have been GC offers a few months(!) ago on the line of "get xx% for any GC above yy$". That I would call "decent". A GC with "Get a riduculously low discount only if you buy at least 4+ New Releases" is NOT a decent offer, especially if I have zero use for any of the qualifying new releases.

Exactly. Maybe, if DAZ doesn't want to do GC discounts like before anymore, they could just let us know somehow? Because then we'd stop waiting I guess, and reassess our possibilities. Mind you, dear mods, I'm not speculating. Just asking. ;-)

• Cybersox said:

The prices go up, the discounts are reduced, and I'm shopping more at the other stores.  Do you suppose that there's a mole in DAZ Marketing that's actively trying to submarine the company?  It sure would explain a few things...

Like button pressed