The Cute Kids Thread

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

clcny20 said:

Thanks for sharing Pendraia!  I figured I'd have to make my own onesie in Marvelous Designer.

Not sure if you could convert it to whatever figure you need it for? That's what I normally do.

clcny20 said:

Very cute! Which teddy bear is that please?

edited September 2022

thanks for the link...in the past I've used LoveyBear.

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited September 2022

Another couple...

Sisters.jpg
    800 x 1300 - 703K
    Halloween Lost.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 346K
  • clcny20clcny20 Posts: 176

• Pendraia said:

As you can probably tell by now I love doing renders with kids. Many are as sprites or fairies but I also do realistic ones.

I am the same honestly. I enjoy making anything that I'd consider cute or pretty/expressive. Your work is precious by the way <3

I've made my own thread for my works. But I'll post one from there that I really liked how it turned out. I tend not to use assets for backgrounds unless I feel it looks good enough. So I sometimes do post work with backgrounds from images (though it doesn't always come out quite right heh. This one is an example where the background didn't quite work too well. This was merely an experiment for changes I made to my figure to create a better looking character compared to my previous work. Something I feel much happier with as far as results go)

Most of my work I render now is using HDRIs

edited September 2022

pofotigec said:

Pendraia said:

As you can probably tell by now I love doing renders with kids. Many are as sprites or fairies but I also do realistic ones.

I am the same honestly. I enjoy making anything that I'd consider cute or pretty/expressive. Your work is precious by the way

<3

Thanks! Your work is really lovely... the one with the teddy bear was so gorgeous! 

I've made my own thread for my works. But I'll post one from there that I really liked how it turned out. I tend not to use assets for backgrounds unless I feel it looks good enough. So I sometimes do post work with backgrounds from images (though it doesn't always come out quite right heh. This one is an example where the background didn't quite work too well. This was merely an experiment for changes I made to my figure to create a better looking character compared to my previous work. Something I feel much happier with as far as results go)

Some of the renders I posted earlier were before iray, I tend to use hdri's or iray lights. I really like Fabiana's theory of light set for quick easy renders. Sometimes I like to use a set.

I don't do as many renders as I would like as I'll see something that needs to be fixed and I'll shoot it over to zbrush and get distracted. Sometimes lately I think I have adhd as I find it hard to focus. My favourite renders to do are of fairies and sprites with kid models. 

• Pendraia said:

pofotigec said:

Pendraia said:

I am the same honestly. I enjoy making anything that I'd consider cute or pretty/expressive. Your work is precious by the way

<3

Thanks! Your work is really lovely... the one with the teddy bear was so gorgeous! 

Some of the renders I posted earlier were before iray, I tend to use hdri's or iray lights. I really like Fabiana's theory of light set for quick easy renders. Sometimes I like to use a set.

I don't do as many renders as I would like as I'll see something that needs to be fixed and I'll shoot it over to zbrush and get distracted. Sometimes lately I think I have adhd as I find it hard to focus. My favourite renders to do are of fairies and sprites with kid models. 

I see. You've definitely got a knack and passion for it all ^^ <3

- And I fully understand how you feel actually. I've wanted to do more renders, but I also tend to notice things that need to be fixed and then i get so involved. But the irony is that sometimes, some of my fixes end up needing fixes for other aspects or I make it worse and have to start over haha. But thankfully, my current character Im using now has been very easy going in terms of having to do any Zbrush work or fixes in general. (so far) And it's honestly been a breath of fresh air for me. Because before, I often found myself having to make so many fixes for so many different things literally every time. But now, it seems to be a rarity for me and so when I do a test render.. "Oh.. Looks good. Guess Im going with this then"

These days I spend more time working on getting my desired lighting and the finer details than making Zbrush morphs to fix things. Definitely gives me more time to give my renders some extra TLC. Im just trying to figure out how I can bring more life to my characters now though. Was recently looking at the thread on Gamma Correction which I'd say certainly gave some valuable input and information. Though I think the texture/skin Im using has it's limits as well. And I cannot for the life of me figure out the best approach on how to add more finer details.

Was thinking of playing around with the surface's settings but as Im not very familiar with them, I am not sure what should be tweaked and what should be left alone. So right now, am fumbling around without any direction. Some seem to reckon the SSS can play a role. But my attempts thus far have not yielded any better improvements, only less realistic ones.

I'm the same way w/ADHD and Zbrush, lol.

I'm learning Maya now, so it's only going to get worse!

Pendraia said:

Very old one, I'm not sure if it's K4 it was made around the time the attic came out. She'd found her way up to the attic and was looking at an old book which sparked her imagination.

I love this!  I could see this framed in a pediatrician's office or library nook

More beautiful renders. 

And yes that's it exactly. One thing just leads to another. 

I'm trying to work out dforce and weightmapping at the moment. So I'm playing with those settings I don't understand and reading about them in the hopes I'll work it out. 

"I see. You've definitely got a knack and passion for it all ^^ <3"

Thanks I've been playing in ds for 17 years and I love working in it.  As a retired teacher I know kids come in a variety of shapes and sizes and try to get my kids to look unique... same with my fairies ands sprites. That's probably why I love the nursoda figures so much. 

Awww, I love it <3

I really miss rendering, but I'm trying to find the best program for making realistic hair.  I find the hair can make or break the realism of a render.

edited September 2022

Very true! I recently made a hair and beard out of fibermesh for Hein. Unfortunately I can't post an image here as it would be off topic. I have a thread at the moment over at Hivewire where I ramble on about what I've been doing and there is an image over there.

edited September 2022

Post edited by clcny20 on

edited September 2022

Post edited by clcny20 on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited September 2022

I thought this little tike might just like to sing while she swung on the swing!!!

The Singing Duo.png
    1200 x 960 - 2M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

So many cute renders...

Very cute! 

heart

• Some pretty amazing renders and soooooo cute as well!!!

•  Reminder, since many large images get posted in this thread: the forum restricts width to 800 pixels, but not length, so if your image is over 800 pixels, it will likely looked stretch. In the image settings, lock to make proportional and enter width as 800 pixels and save the post. This should fix it.