Space Road Stop & Space Road Stop Add-On 01, just WOW

myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 567
edited September 2022 in The Commons

I got this a few days ago and I am just stunned with the detail that has gone into this. WOW

i dont post normaly about items, that I get from the store, well because I find most of them lacking. Rooms with no doors, doors that dont open, space ships with no visable way in! even some models that are half finished.

But Space Road Stop & Space Road Stop Add-On 01 well I am still finding my way around the model (be warned it is a very BIG model, But can be loaded in parts) but Really the detail that has gone into this is off the chart.

Its well layed out with lots of moving parts. The whole thing makes sense. 

I can see myself using this in a lot of images and in my book ( I know everyone is doing a book)

So thanks  kerabera some really top notch work, looking forward to seeing more of your stuff

that shuttle of yours is in my wish list untill funds allow.

If anyone knows of any other sites  

kerabera sells at please let me know

Post edited by myotherworld on

Comments

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

I totally agree; by coincidence, I was looking at the two product just this afternoon. I'd purchased them earlier, but haven't used them yet. I'm currenlty reinstalling all my purchases in a new library and saw the names fly by and had to remind myself what they were; as you say, what they are is stunning. I think I noticed one mistake on a sign ("AERA" instead of "AREA") but everything else looked amazing.

• I have to agree that Space Road Stop is absoutely amazing!  Lots of internal areas.  It's easy to get lost!

I missed the sale for the add on because I wasn't paying attention but hopefully there'll be another chance before the PA sale is over.

https://www.daz3d.com/space-road-stop

https://www.daz3d.com/space-road-stop-add-on-01

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,407

It's 60% off right now.

• i'm happy to see someone enjoy my stuff smiley

i'm actually working on the levels behind the windows on the top on the station. there will be two differents types of living room, one for familly of 2 parents+2childs and a smaller for a couple or single person.

of course there will be a corridor and elevator to connect all the room and this corridor end to a little "hub" room where the door at the top of the elevator of "space road stop add-on 01" opens.

• lol wow 

TAKE MY MONEY

• kerabera said:

i'm happy to see someone enjoy my stuff smiley

i'm actually working on the levels behind the windows on the top on the station. there will be two differents types of living room, one for familly of 2 parents+2childs and a smaller for a couple or single person.

of course there will be a corridor and elevator to connect all the room and this corridor end to a little "hub" room where the door at the top of the elevator of "space road stop add-on 01" opens.

Please start a post in Daz PA Commercial Products forum I along with many other's would be interested in seeing your work and updates
  • generalgameplayinggeneralgameplaying Posts: 487
    edited September 2022

Perfect stage ;).

Great trading hub and what not station.

While this perfectly works for me already, i'd probably love to see optionals or add-ons for more specific scenarios, e.g.

- Maybe it's in. A large-ish freight elevator, enabling to move smaller ships to other levels, but also larger cargo and containers. This enables implementing further levels (bigger on the inside?), e.g. for storing large beasts for trade or the warehouse-like trading storage. Not to forget: a parking lot level for smaller ships. Maybe one elevator does it all.

- Smaller optional add-ons, like an extra deck to make the most of the gate-height for smaller ships, e.g. just for one side. Here the hangar could partly be a parking lot. Maybe a small/optional VIP section for ships like the Shuttlestar, with an extra airlock for a smaller more elusive compartment. (In my scenario/s there is no omnipotent forcefields, the maximum is a dual layer field barely keeping air at bay, allowing to fill in a smart-material-based fluid shield between, which then is tougher and still fast-ish, as well as more energy efficient, if it's kept on for a longer time, "like e-paper".)

- A generic military/marines version. (Maybe just textures or some changes.)

- A trade-optimized version. (It sort of is already), but think of traders and mearchants with little audience, just a hub near resourceful planets/asteroid-belts, with few cheap cabins for the stray guest. Rustier, less shiny.

- Embarking on add-ons for b2b trade (rather), resource-hub add-ons, thinking of filling in raw materials more directly, without enclosing containers. Non-issue, though, because you could fill in containers from a ship and move those then inside of the station.

- A dangerous zone version (see trade/beasts/military). Perhaps a sealed off side of the bay for a smaller add-on. More separations also for hazardous beasts / things in the entry area and maybe that freight elevator(/s) with an extra level for handling monster storage. A moving cage for transport of monsters from cargo hold to elevator an on the storage level and maybe further confinement nets could be interesting too. Who'd rely on cages brought in by random strangers?

- (Preferably with blender export support.)

Actually i haven't explored it that much, yet. 

In any case, i'll probably complete the set with whatever you'll add to it, anyway. Keep it up!

Post edited by generalgameplaying on
  • 3WC3WC Posts: 1,091

eric susch said:

I have to agree that Space Road Stop is absoutely amazing!  Lots of internal areas.  It's easy to get lost!

I missed the sale for the add on because I wasn't paying attention but hopefully there'll be another chance before the PA sale is over.

https://www.daz3d.com/space-road-stop

https://www.daz3d.com/space-road-stop-add-on-01

Thanks for the link. Looks nice, though there are a couple typos on the signage for the add-on, AREA is spelled AERA, and the nearby sign says "Enter only for...", grammatically it should read "Entry". I guess we can fix it in post.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 440

@kerabera - Hello.  I just bought Space Road Stop Add-On 01 yesterday to go along with my earlier purchase of Space Road Stop.  I haven't played with either much yet but plan to do so.  One thing that I cannot get to work with Space Road Stop yet is creating a registration number for the hull.  I've read the info in the What is Registration Number Read Me and applied the SRS-XXXX Iray material but I don't see where or how to then create a registration number.  Any help that you (or others) can provide will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

• keraberakerabera Posts: 117
    edited March 2023

@jjoyner hello.

the number that you can create is on the outside, be sure the door who protect this number is open.

if nothing appear, be sure to have the outside asset selected before apply numbers.

Sans titre 1.jpg
    800 x 450 - 209K
    Post edited by kerabera on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,173

myotherworld said:

lol wow 

TAKE MY MONEY

Mine also. 

edited March 2023

kerabera said:

@jjoyner hello.

the number that you can create is on the outside, be sure the door who protect this number is open.

if nothing appear, be sure to have the outside asset selected before apply numbers.

Thanks much for the info.  I don't know if I'd have ever discovered that there are doors hiding the registration numbers.

Space Stop Numbers.jpg
    500 x 542 - 37K
    Post edited by jjoyner on
  • there is just so much detail in this and the add ons.

i keep finding new things and go wow.

you really did put a lot of work into this.

lloking forward to the new add on coming out.

edited March 2023

@jjoyner it's the same for the entry/exit signal near the number, at top of the main big door

@myotherworld the add is in "ready to realease" on the daz server. no date for the moment.

Post edited by kerabera on

kerabera said:

@jjoyner it's the same for the entry/exit signal near the number, at top of the main big door

@myotherworld the add is in "ready to realease" on the daz server. no date for the moment.

OK.  Thanks much.  So much to explore! 

• kerabera said:

Thanks for the heads up. Looks at clocks. One, real world, one Daz time. The daz one is moving so slowly
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458

I've got them and keep forgetting to use them... sacrilege - good models should not gather digital dust at the back of my hard drive, LOL.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    edited March 2023

I agree, awesome in both design and details.  And not with tubes all over the place, as with many other sci-fi environments. smiley  

The only issues I've found are some grammatical errors on some signs.

BTW, nothing wrong with the grammar on my first render (the vending machine) as far as I can see, just wanted to show the amazing details of the set.  It's just on the two blue signs on the second render there are some errors.

space-road-stop_hall-and-security_01.png
    1322 x 962 - 2M
    space-road-stop_grammar.png
    483 x 450 - 221K
    Post edited by Taoz on

Taoz said:

I agree, awesome in both design and details.  And not with tubes all over the place, as with many other sci-fi environments. smiley  

yes i'm not a good english speaker and i use online traductors for the writing.

but you can edit the .png texture file if you want to correct them or write your own text !

if you want to correct, i use the software photo filtre for the writing (but any photo software can work) and the font is the arial in bolt and white color with a black outline of one pixel.

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 567
    edited March 2023

one thing to remember about the English language is it is always changing

what we commonly take for granted to day wasnt used 200 years ago and the same in reverse 

Post edited by myotherworld on

myotherworld said:

what we commonly take for granted to day wasnt used 200 years ago and the same in reverse 

yes that this !!! in year 3000, english will be my actual english (^_^) 

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,867
    edited March 2023

Maybe.  Mind you, the station looks more 2203 than 3003 to me, though.  By 3003 we'd likely not need vending machines of that sort and would be using something like Star Trek's food-replicators. Probably just as well that my space-opera stuff has been way closer to the year 2200 than the year 3000, though the year 3000 has a nice ring to it.

Then again, DrWho once had them using radio-teletype machines in the 25th century.  Teletype machines!!  laugh

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on

kerabera said:

Taoz said:

yes i'm not a good english speaker and i use online traductors for the writing.

but you can edit the .png texture file if you want to correct them or write your own text !

if you want to correct, i use the software photo filtre for the writing (but any photo software can work) and the font is the arial in bolt and white color with a black outline of one pixel.

Thanks, good to know what font etc. is being used.  English is not my first language either though, I'm not even sure if it's ON, IN or AT "the station" (it may even depend on the context?).  I often find those prepositions confusing.

myotherworld said:

"That's not bad grammar, I'm just ahead of my time!" cheeky

• A little old English "You shall find of the king a husband, madam; you, sir, a father: he that so generally is at all times good must of necessity hold his virtue to you; whose worthiness would stir it up where it wanted rather than lack it where there is such abundance."

the add-on 2 is published 

https://www.daz3d.com/space-road-stop-add-on-02

if you want to work with the full figure, just a tip before load it in scene:

put your viewport in "smooth shaded" before loading the asset. the 64 iterations of the living unit asset could drain all the power of your graphic card.

if you have a 10 years old computer like me, directly put the viewport in "wire boxing box", then put it in "smooth shaded" when asset loaded in your viewport.

• Hi All

really enjoying the add on.

only two small problems. 

you will need to change a couple of texture file names.

file 1

"BR machine Ó laver ecran OFF" change to "BR machine à laver ecran OFF"

&

"BR machine Ó laver ecran ON" change to "BR machine  à laver ecran ON"

back to it. have fun

mmm that strange, i just checked my files and it's "à".

the õ is a spanish sign and i'm not spanish.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

Maybe just leave out "extra" language-specific letters in the naming? I know that using Umlauts (äüö) in file names also causes the occasional problem.

A great set, by the way!

• DripDrip Posts: 1,125

Really like this new add-on. I can also see the rooms being integrated into a mountainside or something like that.