Transferring a customised V4 to another computer?

I apologise in advance for any incorrect terms or ignorance in my question in advance as I've never done this.

If I have a V4 character that I've set up with various morphs at certain settings.

How do I transfer this character to another computer please?

Is it a matter of copying over files from /Runtime/libraries/ ? I think it's to do with copying the right files but I have no idea how to copy morphs, morph settings, textures, and if there's anything else I'm missing...

Thank you very much for any assistance! If someone could explain this as if I'm a 6-year-old, that would be amazing laugh

Comments

• Customised how? If you made a custom morph that will - assuming you are using Poser - be embedded in the file. if it's dial settings for existing morph you just need the same morph sets and characters installed on the new system.

• It should be a matter of exactly replicating your content ..\runtime and Program Files install-path for Poser. I assume you're not also moving from Poser 11 to Poser 12. For a big runtime you should allow some time for re-indexing, so that the new install of Poser knows where to load stuff from, before you test.

Note that you may have to "activate" V4 on the new PC, which is a simple one-time process. Not sure if that will be needed, but it's something to keep in mind. When V4 and M4 base figures are first installed, they need a local 'activation'. Possibly this is somehow tied to the unique PC they're on?

• Thank you Richard - it's dial settings for an existing morph. Could you advise how to copy the morph sets and characters to another computer please, and how to preserve the dials?

Again, thank you for your patience with the newbie questions.

Thank you!

• Save a CR2 - actually, that will embed all of the morphs anyway, Poser doesn't keep external links here the way Daz Studio does (though you'd still want to install your content on the new machine at some point, presumably).

• Richard Haseltine said:

Save a CR2 - actually, that will embed all of the morphs anyway, Poser doesn't keep external links here the way Daz Studio does (though you'd still want to install your content on the new machine at some point, presumably).

Wow really? So it's just the CR2 + texture files that need to be copied over? Thanks Richard!