Hexagon doesn't work

gncsgncs Posts: 0
edited August 2022 in Hexagon Discussion

Can anyone tell me how the (the world) I get in touch with Daz to complain about hexagon not working on my Mac, it loaded it through DIM but it has a no entry sign in grey across it.

why is it so difficult with DAZ's website to find how to actually contact them. By the way, I do not do FB Twitter or instagram, they are too invasive. What ever happened to live chat or good old email

(edited by mod for language)

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,387

Help>Contact US from the top menu https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Could try downloading it manually and running the install .exe.

• RuudLRuudL Posts: 190

What macos are you on?  The product page says 'Hexagon does not currently work on Mac Catalina' 

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436

Hexagon is a 32-bit program, meaning it will not work on any version of Mac OS released in the last four years.

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

I just had a situation where an old copy of Hexagon running on Windows XP, wouldn't work at all... or at least a circle with a loop of extruded edges just sat there - engaging the Scale tool accomplished nothing.

I found this disturbing to say the least so I repeated the operation on a computer with Windows 7. That was much better except I wanted a shape like a cookie say, and I got an aluminum pie plate!

I am impressed at how the Close function produced such a smooth surface. Isn't that an awful lot of n-gons, which usually don't work, eg. Hexagon crashes. Also I find that the slightest tesellation through a surface produces a noticeable seam when rendered in D|S with Iray.

basic-extruded-shape.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 71K
    like-a-cookie.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 85K
    oops_pie_plate.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 159K