Product Library Pages-Need Ability To Find Alphabetical Section *Solved!*

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited February 2015 in The Commons

Is there a way to select pages at the bottom of the Product Library so I don't have to keep clicking Next Next Next Next Next Next Next Next.....or only go forward one page at a time (totally STUPID) when I'm trying to get to an entire section alphabetically? Or is there is a way to get to only the words beginning with L, or beginning with S, etc?

During Beta, there was a text box to enter the page so you could go further ahead, but it only lasted a day or so if I recall.

Post edited by Novica on

Comments

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited February 2015

Greetings,
    So...yes.

But it's complicated. I knew the capability was there, so I dug into the source code to dig it out again. I know rbot-wiz or someone posted about this a while ago, and it'd probably be better to hunt down their post, but here goes.

name::rx::ci::^b
    will find product items whose names start with 'b'.

That breaks down as:
    * Search name (name)
    * Search with a 'regular expression' (rx)
    * Case Insensitive (ci)
    * Starts With (^)
    * The letter b (b)

So if you want to search for items starting with 'col', you could do:

name::rx::ci::^col

I hope that helps!

-- Morgan

p.s. It's worth noting that regular expression searching is VERY powerful, and you can find all kinds of patterns, like items ending with a specific string, or items with any of a set of words, etc., but the syntax is arcane and difficult to master.

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

I asked in a previously unanswered thread but maybe you might know?
    Is there a way to show only DAZ originals?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    So...yes.

But it's complicated. I knew the capability was there, so I dug into the source code to dig it out again. I know rbot-wiz or someone posted about this a while ago, and it'd probably be better to hunt down their post, but here goes.

Have I told you lately that I absolutely, positively ADORE you? :)

I am downloading all my files, and every time I stop and restart my computer (don't keep it sleeping longer than a week, and rarely that long) so I have to wade through all those stupid pages to get to the middle of the alphabet and it was driving me NUTS when I started back up again to click click click. I am in the L's so at the point where it is really a pain. The A-B-C-D's weren't too bad, but...

edited December 1969

Greetings,

I asked in a previously unanswered thread but maybe you might know?
    Is there a way to show only DAZ originals?Depends on what you want to do with them. So, for instance, if you wanted to view from the 'All Products' standard store view, everything which you owned. (Essentially invert the checkbox 'hide everything I own', to 'show only items I own') then you could also filter items you own by artist, including DAZ Originals.

I could do that much the same way I make the wishlistify bookmarklet, which converts any store category (including artist listings) into showing just the ones that match your wishlist.

But if you actually want to filter your Product Library (because you want downloads, or something like that) to DAZ Originals, it's actually pretty hard. Essentially I'd have to write a bookmarklet that adds a pre-filter onto the Filter action that limits your search to DAZ Originals. The filtering in the Product Library is completely different than the filtering on the store pages (it was delivered to the site months before the changeover) but you could manually cross-pollinate between the two to make a very specific subset work.

The product library's filter itself actually only filters on: Order date, Update date, Order number, DIM status, and Product Name. (There's a lot of details in there, but that's the core of it.)

So in essence, it's doable, but it requires some coding to tweak the product library pages and make it work. It's MUCH easier to invert the sense of the 'Hide all my items' to 'show only my items' on the full item store pages. That will miss items that have been removed from circulation, but other than those it works nicely.

Have I told you lately that I absolutely, positively ADORE you? :)

LOL! :red: Glad I could help! :)

-- Morgan

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

that will certainly help
    I have the indy game developers license and while I have so far not done much, knowing which things I have are useable helps a lot

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you're looking for script ideas, the two things I find myself wishing for are:
    (1) a non-DAZ Originals filter, and
    (2) an exclude selected figures filter (or at least a no-compatible-figures filter)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713
    edited December 1969

You can also use this one:

http://taosoft.dk/software/accm-daz/

Select an item, click the View Order Page button, then click the Download button for the item to go to the Product Library page.

edited December 1969

Uh oh- I copied/pasted in what you told me and it didn't work. The page results went blank. So I temporarily have to take back my adoration....

edited February 2015

Greetings,
    A space sometimes gets added to the end, for whatever reason,when copying. (It's definitely not there in my original.) Make sure that what you paste is exactly what I wrote, without any extra spaces on the end.

It tries to match everything, including spaces, so you can put "name::rx::ci::^a " and find all items that start with the word 'a' followed by a space. Since you don't want to do that, make sure there isn't a trailing space on your search string. (Triple clicking in Chrome, as well as blindly highlighting the whole line, results in an extra space. As far as I can tell, the forum software *adds* a non-breaking space to the end, for no discernible reason. :(

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Greetings,

that will certainly help
    I have the indy game developers license and while I have so far not done much, knowing which things I have are useable helps a lot
    Go check out my Bookmarklets page which now has another bookmarklet that converts a catalog page to show only products you own.

Once you've applied that bookmarklet, you can filter on DAZ Originals, and/or anything else you normally filter on. (E.g. seeing only the items you've purchased that are PC+ by Jack Tomalin.)

The bookmarklet is using a mildly advanced JavaScript feature that's available in Chrome 38+ and around Firefox 19+, and Opera 25+. It won't work in IE11 or Safari as far as I know.

Give it a shot!

-- Morgan

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    that will certainly help
    Go check out my Bookmarklets page which now has another bookmarklet that converts a catalog page to show only products you own.

Once you've applied that bookmarklet, you can filter on DAZ Originals, and/or anything else you normally filter on. (E.g. seeing only the items you've purchased that are PC+ by Jack Tomalin.)

The bookmarklet is using a mildly advanced JavaScript feature that's available in Chrome 38+ and around Firefox 19+, and Opera 25+. It won't work in IE11 or Safari as far as I know.

Give it a shot!

-- Morgan

Morgan, thank you! I tried the wishlist one and the products I own one. They are great.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    A space sometimes gets added to the end, for whatever reason,when copying. (It's definitely not there in my original.) Make sure that what you paste is exactly what I wrote, without any extra spaces on the end.

It tries to match everything, including spaces, so you can put "name::rx::ci::^a " and find all items that start with the word 'a' followed by a space. Since you don't want to do that, make sure there isn't a trailing space on your search string. (Triple clicking in Chrome, as well as blindly highlighting the whole line, results in an extra space. As far as I can tell, the forum software *adds* a non-breaking space to the end, for no discernible reason. :(

-- Morgan

It works for me. I was careful to copy only the visible text with no trailing whitespace. I'm in awe of anyone who has mastered regular expressions. I can follow examples, like you gave us, but figuring out the rules and applying them to a unique situation has always eluded me.
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    A space sometimes gets added to the end, for whatever reason,when copying. (It's definitely not there in my original.) Make sure that what you paste is exactly what I wrote, without any extra spaces on the end.-- Morgan

Okay, I copied pasted again and then hit delete a couple times in case there was a space, and voila....

I adore you again. :)

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    So...yes.

name::rx::ci::^b
    will find product items whose names start with 'b'.

That breaks down as:
    * Search name (name)
    * Search with a 'regular expression' (rx)
    * Case Insensitive (ci)
    * Starts With (^)
    * The letter b (b)

So if you want to search for items starting with 'col', you could do:

name::rx::ci::^col

I hope that helps!

-- Morgan

p.s. It's worth noting that regular expression searching is VERY powerful, and you can find all kinds of patterns, like items ending with a specific string, or items with any of a set of words, etc., but the syntax is arcane and difficult to master.

BOING! :gulp: I had no idea that search box could use re's. That's good to know! What exact flavor of re are these? Java? I happen to use re's a lot, but not in a web type language.

edited February 2015

Greetings,

BOING! :gulp: I had no idea that search box could use re's. That's good to know! What exact flavor of re are these? Java? I happen to use re's a lot, but not in a web type language.
    JavaScript flavor; actually all the filtering is done entirely in-browser, so it's the only option. :)

So a fun example of a more complex regex is this:

name::rx::ci::(([a-z])\2).*\1

Which is name, regex, case-insensitive, then any character a-z followed by the same character again (\2 matches the group formed by the 2nd open-parenthesis), where that same pair (\1 matches the group formed by the 1st open parenthesis) exists later in the name.

So this matches (for instance) 'Footsteps Tool' because 'o' is followed by another 'o', and there's another 'oo' later in the name.

It supports stuff like non-capturing groups '(?:)' and counts '{2}', but there are some advanced features that it won't handle. They're unlikely to come up in this circumstance, though.

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    It works for me. I was careful to copy only the visible text with no trailing whitespace. I'm in awe of anyone who has mastered regular expressions. I can follow examples, like you gave us, but figuring out the rules and applying them to a unique situation has always eluded me.

Like Einstein said: "Never memorize something that you can look up." ;)

edited December 1969

LOL, I'm more of a Yogi Berra person- scary that I can understand his logic.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    LOL, I'm more of a Yogi Berra person- scary that I can understand his logic.

In Yogi Berra logic it would probably have been something like this: "If you can't remember it, forget it..."

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

I prefer Marx. Groucho Marx, that is. "Any organization that would have me as a member, I want no part of." :lol:

I figured it had to be some flavor of Java. That means I can look up the syntax. I don't use Javascript. Tcl, Perl, csh, and bash (only under duress) are my mainstays. That's the nice thing about standards. There's so many to choose from...