Content Updates for DS 4.5

BeaBea Posts: 743
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

So, let me get this right. We have to search through all our purchased items to reset

DS4 to download it
Then I have to search though somewhere else to see if any plugins that we own are updated.

I mean this is just crazy - at least at other stores we get an email when files are updated. The thought of working through all the purchases I have made here is just not amusing.

Why can't our downloads be reset automatically when updates are made?

Can anyone tell me which plugins have been updated?

Comments

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

I don't think my versions of the Poseworks files have been updated, or they are lost in my Itemized Order List, or something... I know I had these working in earlier versions of 4.x. What now?

I agree with Bea-- having to sift through my Itemized Orders list to try to find stuff that has changed is no good. I assume this is just a temporary limitation due to the new store, and I hope fixing it is a high priority.

pwshadersShot.png
    746 x 487 - 29K
  • PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

I haven't read everything about 4.5 yet but is it really necessary to download and install updated content like clothes or props or characters or will the previous versions still work? And what is updated - only this meta data CMS stuff which I not use or anything else then?

• HokuleaHokulea Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Bea said:
    So, let me get this right. We have to search through all our purchased items to reset DS4 to download it. Then I have to search though somewhere else to see if any plugins that we own are updated.

I mean this is just crazy - at least at other stores we get an email when files are updated. The thought of working through all the purchases I have made here is just not amusing. Why can't our downloads be reset automatically when updates are made?

Can anyone tell me which plugins have been updated?

I agree completely! So I have to go through my itemized purchase history and request resets for relevant products I've purchased since I bought DS4 Pro. Would be bad enough if I could sort my orders by date of purchase. Instead, I have to go through a list that is sorted alphabetically by name! Unbelievable.

Apparently the SDK has been released at the same time as DS 4.5? Must be a lot of plugin developers scrambling to update. I must say, it seems like a lot of things DAZ is doing these days have not been implemented well.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

1.2 is the latest build of the Poseworks files they got updated not that long ago.

zigraphix said:
    I don't think my versions of the Poseworks files have been updated, or they are lost in my Itemized Order List, or something... I know I had these working in earlier versions of 4.x. What now?

I agree with Bea-- having to sift through my Itemized Orders list to try to find stuff that has changed is no good. I assume this is just a temporary limitation due to the new store, and I hope fixing it is a high priority.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Discussion of Content Updates required for DS 4.5 has been split to a separate thread.

Most Genesis content was updated in March-April for an issue which wasn't being flagged in DS 4.0.3.47, but was apparent in Carrara 8.5. This issue gives a "Duplicate ID's" error when you try to use the item. Richard Haseltine has a script to patch these files so they will at least work.

Beyond that, some parameter dials will show in the Parameters tab but not the Shaping or Posing tabs without the update, but they will still work.

This thread gives current version numbers of Genesis items so you can see if you have the latest version: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3885/

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    1.2 is the latest build of the Poseworks files they got updated not that long ago.

zigraphix said:

Not helpful, even if true. I had these, now I can't find them in my order history.

I suppose I need to submit a help ticket.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    Jay_NOLA said:

zigraphix said:

Not helpful, even if true. I had these, now I can't find them in my order history.

I suppose I need to submit a help ticket.

Did you buy one of the shader bundles? If so, look under "The Poseworks . . ."; that's where I found mine (page 51 of 57, at 50 items per page . . .)