SCI-FI Celebration

Comments

• junkjunk Posts: 1,212
    edited June 2022

Eggs Actly said:

Thank you, junk - here comes the gallery link :)    https://gcdn.daz3d.com/gallery/image/1226426/1654506220/main.jpg

EA!  That particular link opens up the image in a new tab.  I was hoping for the link directly to your Daz Gallery image.  I only ask because the more people that you FAV the slower the gallery moves.  Log out and then the gallery is a second to load.  Log back in and the gallery is a minute to load.  It's so frustrating. 

Oh and with Disco Diffusion here are some of my samples.  The lady I told it to make a beautiful lady sitting in a forest around a beautiful lake. 

The room I told it to create a modern concrete room with a hold in the middle of the floor.

But on your smartphone Android, Apple you should just install "Dream by Wombo".  It's pretty much the same thing but really simplified and fast.

disco-beautiful lady.png
    1280 x 768 - 1M
    disco-Hole3.png
    1280 x 768 - 1M
    Post edited by junk on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    edited June 2022

Confrontation.  Cal Kestes vs Second Sister.

Post edited by tkdrobert on

Jedi Survivor.  A Tribute to Kanan Jarrus.

Not Your Failure

V and Panam (CyberPunk 2077).

Panam Palmer

Panam Palmer

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 283

Nerd Dreams

He dreams of how cool he would look flying through space with an android on the back and a laser firing in the front.

Nite Owls

• IlenaIlena Posts: 280

Test subject

ScifiAnimeSuitPromo-MilenaHSKritanoSig.png
    1700 x 2251 - 5M

The Marshal is Here!

The Marshal is Here

Jyn on the Lam

Jyn on the Lam

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364

More Honey Bolt!

Violinist Cyborgs

Space Crimes-Schemers
    Space Crimes-Schemers
    LINK TO THE GALLERY IMAGE

Some bad people have been scheming something involving John and Madeline's boat.  No Madeline is not getting hurt here... it's just a warning.

Story and assets used in the link above.

Tyastanar prepared

Nightsister  The Ladies of Cyberpubk 2077

Nightsister and Ladies of CyberPunk 2077

tkdrobert said:

Freaking awesome tkdrobert!  I still haven't played the game.

junk said:

tkdrobert said:

Freaking awesome tkdrobert!  I still haven't played the game.

I'm re-playing it now.  It was buggy when it first came out, so I'm trying it again now that they've improved it so much.

Sentry

Sentry with a fully armed runearm is shown on patrol with colonial security tower in background. Due to advances in runearm technology, the mace held in the right hand is a symbolic weapon of the sentry force. Historically, it was used for close quarters fighting while the runearm was recharging. The design of the mace's head intentionally mimics the tower structure the sentry protects.

I made the runearm for this character's left hand in Blender and then ported it into Daz Studios. All of the rest of the components of the image are from Daz Studios and rendered with Iray.

Attack of Mars: Calvary

Wolf Pack

Get Off My Planet (Update)

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Rough Landing

Rain Fire

Dragonhide Mobile Suit Mecha

edited September 2022

Wizard of Oz Re-imagined
    Wizard of Oz Re-imagined

I think this re-invisioned version had a more sci-fi vibe so am sharing.  Just to say it the witch on the right was created using beta.dreamstudio.ai which I think I will not be using AI in the future.  For me, it feels like cheating but that's my two cents.

Post edited by junk on

Eat This!

Eat This

Monster island

Space Crimes - The Tunnels of Alpha Centauri 6  (AI, Daz3D, Postwork and mini-tutorial)
    Space Crimes-The Tunnels of Alpha Centauri 6

I posted this under the Daz+ section but wanted to share it here in the SciFi section.  I think the talk of late has been AI...  My, our, friend Splatterbaby plus others have told me to embrace it as another tool like the advent of the camera when it came out...  This image has renders straight from Daz Studio, John and Madeline converted by AI and postwork.  In the link I tried to make it a tutorial so others can judge, think about AI for themselves and see where they fall in comfort of it.  

I know AI is a hot topic and it's pretty much made me depressed for the last three weeks funny enough.  This image is an attempt at me trying to find a middle ground.

Example of Daz3D fed into Stable Diffusion with prompts.  More examples in the gallery link above.

junk said:

Space Crimes - The Tunnels of Alpha Centauri 6  (AI, Daz3D, Postwork and mini-tutorial)
    Space Crimes-The Tunnels of Alpha Centauri 6

I posted this under the Daz+ section but wanted to share it here in the SciFi section.  I think the talk of late has been AI...  My, our, friend Splatterbaby plus others have told me to embrace it as another tool like the advent of the camera when it came out...  This image has renders straight from Daz Studio, John and Madeline converted by AI and postwork.  In the link I tried to make it a tutorial so others can judge, think about AI for themselves and see where they fall in comfort of it.  

I know AI is a hot topic and it's pretty much made me depressed for the last three weeks funny enough.  This image is an attempt at me trying to find a middle ground.

Example of Daz3D fed into Stable Diffusion with prompts.  More examples in the gallery link above.

I experimented with A.I. for the 1st time this month.  I didn't upload any of my work like you did, I just tried to create stuff from scratch.  I don't think I knew what I was doing, because out of all the tries they gave me, I only produced 4 images worth saving.  This tech still has a long way to go.  Many of my images were messed up.  The A.I. couldn't do swords right.  They were up side down, funcky.  Maybe next month, when my tries reset, I'll upload some of my stuff.  I'll check out your tutorial in the mean time.

I haven't really formed a solid opinion on this yet.  I can see why traditional artists would hate this as it could affect their abiliy to make a living doing the thing they love.  However, the same can be said about DAZ.  In the age of high-tech, we all have to be flexable and change with the times, no matter how much we may hate it.

DALL·E 2022-10-03 15.59.42 - Native American woman, digital art.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    DALL·E 2022-10-03 16.01.49 - male knight, digital art.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    DALL·E 2022-10-03 16.09.25.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    DALL·E 2022-10-03 16.24.40.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    edited October 2022

tkdrobert!  I think the four attachments you added look incredible!  Yeah AI is sure a touchy subject and even something I don't think I know where I stand on AI yet.  I'm trying to embrace it but and even Daz3D probably is seen by many as a shortcut like you said.

The scary thing about AI is that it's already pretty dang incredible and it's only going to get better.  Even now I can type something like "Brad Pitt at the age of 30 being driven around by a cat in a towncar" and get pretty close to that.  It might take ten tries to get a really good one but it will wont take long.  And for that it's frustrating.  Also once in a while you will get an image created with signatures or copyright information on it....  That tells you right there that it's not something you can copyright as it is already copyrighted where they stripped parts of the image from.

Post edited by junk on
  • junk said:

tkdrobert!  I think the four attachments you added look incredible!  Yeah AI is sure a touchy subject and even something I don't think I know where I stand on AI yet.  I'm trying to embrace it but and even Daz3D probably is seen by many as a shortcut like you said.

The scary thing about AI is that it's already pretty dang incredible and it's only going to get better.  Even now I can type something like "Brad Pitt at the age of 30 being driven around by a cat in a towncar" and get pretty close to that.  It might take ten tries to get a really good one but it will wont take long.  And for that it's frustrating.  Also once in a while you will get an image created with signatures or copyright information on it....  That tells you right there that it's not something you can copyright as it is already copyrighted where they stripped parts of the image from.

And that's the biggest reason good professionals will never use AI art as it stands right now, and definitely not as part of a finished product. A quick "mood board" maybe on the road to a finished piece. Anyone who uses AI art directly for profit is taking a risk that one of the existing copyrighted pieces used in the image will come to light and make them potentially pay out thousand for not wanting to pay an artist hundreds for an original piece.

LynnInDenver said:

junk said:

And that's the biggest reason good professionals will never use AI art as it stands right now, and definitely not as part of a finished product. A quick "mood board" maybe on the road to a finished piece. Anyone who uses AI art directly for profit is taking a risk that one of the existing copyrighted pieces used in the image will come to light and make them potentially pay out thousand for not wanting to pay an artist hundreds for an original piece.

For my part, I just plan on being honest about everything, like I do now.  If I use A.I., I'll let people know that.  No buys my art anyway LOL.