Hexagon locks tablet in XP

StorytellerStoryteller Posts: 80
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

so, Im using a Wacom Intuos3 4x5" with pen. I can move the cursor with my mouse, but not my tablet.
Im running XP on dual xeons.
neither tablet setting works.
all drivers current.

Comments

• kathils01kathils01 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

I'll be watching this thread for an answer. I have the same problem with a Wacom Intous and Windows 8 -- have to use a USB mouse in Hex.

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Strange. I use a Wacom Intuos 5 with Win 7 64bit and I have no problems using it with Hexagon.

Ok, that does not help you much, except the fact that the problem is probably not inside Hexagon.
    Are your drivers up to date? Are they installed correctly? Did you try to re-install them? Are your Wacoms working correctly with all other applications?

• StorytellerStoryteller Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

Are your drivers up to date?
    Yes

Are they installed correctly?
    Yes

Did you try to re-install them?
    Of Course Not, dont be trite.

Are your Wacoms working correctly with all other applications?
    Everyone of them, only hex is the problem.

edited December 1969

My answers are about the same. All drivers are up to date, installed correctly and recently, and the tablet works fine with every other program.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

I don't use a tablet but it's been my experience when something isn't working right a setting hasn't been set correctly. Me personally would go into settings and see if there is a setting which lets a pen to be used. Also, have you tried moving the cursor without the mouse attached to the tablet? It may also be that with the mouse attached the pen setting is disabled.

edited December 1969

After many back and forths with Wacom, I received the below suggestion. I did this once before, although I may not have unplugged the tablet so that might have been the key. Anyhow, as of now, I can use my tablet with Hex. Hurray!! Please note, the link to the driver is for the Intuos4 so please check to make sure it's the right driver for you.

Thank you for contacting Wacom Customer Support. We would need to perform a clean driver install on your computer. Please make sure that you are uninstalling the previous driver in your computer prior to reinstalling a new driver as this would create corrupted driver files. Also, please unplug the tablet from the computer before starting these instructions. Please follow these steps:
    Disconnect the tablet from the computer
    Open your Start Menu and then the Control Panel
    Open Programs and Features
    Uninstall any listing here for Tablet or Wacom Tablet and then restart the computer
    After restarting, download and install only the latest driver from:
    http://cdn.wacom.com/u/drivers/IBMPC/pro/WacomTablet_6.3.11w3.exe
    Once the installation is complete, and the system is stable, connect the tablet

As always, make sure your tablet is connected directly to your computer. Avoid using USB hubs, keyboard/monitor ports, or docking stations with the tablets, as they can cause inconsistent behavior. Also, please make sure that you are connecting the USB cable directly to the USB port at the back of your computer. If these steps did not work, please contact the developers of Hexagon as we have limited knowledge over 3rd party software and can only directly get involved with Wacom products.

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

XoechZ said:
    Strange. I use a Wacom Intuos 5 with Win 7 64bit and I have no problems using it with Hexagon.

Ok, that does not help you much, except the fact that the problem is probably not inside Hexagon.
    Are your drivers up to date? Are they installed correctly? Did you try to re-install them? Are your Wacoms working correctly with all other applications?

Hm, someone suggested that a while ago :-)

If something is not working correctly, re-installing is always a good option.