Effigy Builder for Genesis 8.1 Male (released)

ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,427

David, Laura and myself have been working on a big set for Genesis 8.1 Male.  The set has the ability to build your own sculptures/statues using Gensis 8.1 Male. There's several products in the release.

1. A geoshell kit to transform G8.1M into marble, granite and other materials. (Genitals included)
  2. A set of 10 plinth props with 6 texture options for each plinth.
  3. A set of 3 Zbrush sculpted hair props with several texture options.
  4. A set of conforming fig leaf props for G8.1M and F, complete with matching marble materials.
  5. 20 Pre made preset sculptures/statues that implement all 4 of the above sets.

https://www.daz3d.com/effigy-builder-male-bundle

Anna

Post edited by ForbiddenWhispers on

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,256

I so look forward to this!

• nemesis10 said:

I so look forward to this!

Thank You. smiley You don't have long to wait now.

• Here's a few more promos..... 

MaleBundleEffigy_popup_04.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 311K
    MaleBundleEffigy_popup_09.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 342K
    MaleBundleEffigy_popup_10.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 352K
    GeoSEffigy_popup_10.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 402K
    GeoSEffigy_popup_14.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 351K
    MaleHairEffigy_popup_13.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 237K

just purchased and I can hardly wait to try it out!

• nemesis10 said:

just purchased and I can hardly wait to try it out!

I can't wait to see what renders you make. Enjoy!
  • It's released!!
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

I note that the male bundle says it requires Effigy Plinths and the Statue Builder Presets from the female products. Is that correct? 

vwrangler said:

I note that the male bundle says it requires Effigy Plinths and the Statue Builder Presets from the female products. Is that correct? 

the bundle comes with those included

edited May 2022

nemesis10 said:

vwrangler said:

There seem to be two different sets of plinths and statue builder presets. The set that comes with the female bundle seems to be required for the male bundle. Vol 2 is included with the male bundle; are the ones from the female bundle also included with the male bundle? 

Post edited by vwrangler on

vwrangler said:

nemesis10 said:

vwrangler said:

There seem to be two different sets of plinths and statue builder presets. The set that comes with the female bundle seems to be required for the male bundle. Vol 2 is included with the male bundle; are the ones from the female bundle also included with the male bundle? 

The Vol 2 is the only one required for the male bundle.  The Vol 1 are a bit more delicate and spindly so that a male torso would look like it would topple.

• vwrangler said:

No, they need the male ones and vol 2 plinths. There must be a mistake on the product page.

ForbiddenWhispers said:

vwrangler said:

No, they need the male ones and vol 2 plinths. There must be a mistake on the product page.

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. This was very helpful. 

• mtkuestermtkuester Posts: 18
    edited May 2022

This is a fantastic product. I was curious, are you going to release options for male beards? Many classic Grecco-Roman stautes have beards in the style of the hair, and this would be a perfect addition.

Post edited by mtkuester on

I love it!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

I bought the hair, but I was shocked to see how dense the mesh is. Male Marble Hair 03 has over 2 million polygons at Base resolution. Why does it have to be so dense? That is over 36 times as dense as the entire Genesis 8 Male.

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,192

These hair objects were initially made low res, but there is little detail a small object like that can hold.  We discussed all the options and agreed that the heavier hairs looked much nicer. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

I've been out of town for a couple weeks and back now. I'm still trying to come to terms with this effigy hair. Is it just a prop parented to the character's head? I've found that it doesn't conform to character head shapes at all. There are big gaps between hair and head. (I dialed in Elios shape). There aren't any adjustment morphs. I rigged it myself with the transfer utility to overcome the fit problem, but that took a long time.

It is a shame that the product didn't include the original low resolution versions of the hair for scenes that aren't closeups. I tried to decimate the hair prop, but after waiting a long long time and it never finished, I gave up and killed Daz Studio. For my intended usage, which is a statue in an UltraScenery park, 2 million polygons is way overkill for hair that renders in a 50 pixel square in a 2000 pixel wide image.