[Released] Now-Crowd Utilities [Commercial]

1235»

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,358

Harald Schuster said:

Thanks for the fast reply. In the beginning of this thread you kindly provided some information how to use it for non Now-Crowd Billboards so I had my hopes up. :) The scenes I needed people for isn't likely to be hosted by DAZ (let's say nightclub interior), so I knew I am kinda stuck with this. I found a workaround - if I put a copy of that billboard in the folder and delete the .duf extension, it seems to work. So filename.duf with filename.duf.png and filename. So the three essential utilities - crowd maker with angle option, angle changer and align to camera work and that's all I need (still puzzled by the .duf.duf thing, though).

Thanks for the great product and your excellent line of Billboards, though I had a bit of a hard time getting the Modern City Life Set downloaded - it seems the DAZ servers are quite busy at the moment and 15 parts á 1 GB produced many failed downloads. But it's all complete now, so I can mix in regular people outside of the club. :)

Is there a post somewhere to see what other Billboard scenes you are working on and which might arrive in the shop? Office looks interesting and if I decide to burn the club down one day, there are excellent options to fill the scene with reporters, police and fire fighters.

I am glad you found a workaround.

I don't have a post for next billboard product; it really depends on my todo list, my inspiration, and what I need myself smiley

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118

I just wasted hours again trying to figure out why Now Crowd Utilities would not orient my billboard to my camera. The log file gave no clue; it said the script executed successfully. I finally figured out (again) that because I had done an animated dForce simulation on clothing in the scene, the timeline was not on frame 0. Now Crowd Utilities (or any of the Orient Camera scripts in the individual billboard products) will not work unless the timeline is on frame 0.

edited March 2022

barbult said:

I just wasted hours again trying to figure out why Now Crowd Utilities would not orient my billboard to my camera. The log file gave no clue; it said the script executed successfully. I finally figured out (again) that because I had done an animated dForce simulation on clothing in the scene, the timeline was not on frame 0. Now Crowd Utilities (or any of the Orient Camera scripts in the individual billboard products) will not work unless the timeline is on frame 0.

I will record this as a bug and see about a fix.

EDIT: Strange.  That was recorded fixed in January 2020.  Is this something that happens only when dForce messes up the timeline?  Or any timeline?

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    edited March 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

EDIT: Strange.  That was recorded fixed in January 2020.  Is this something that happens only when dForce messes up the timeline?  Or any timeline?

Thank you for responding. You are one of the best PAs for customer interaction and bug fixing! Here is a simple scenario to try. (Edit: I saved the scene and attached the scene file to save you some work)

1. Create a new scene
    2. Add a camera to the scene
    3. Set the viewport to use the camera just added
    4. Rotate the camera, to look to the left, for example
    5. Open the Timeline pane
    6. Move the Timeline to frame 15
    7. Add a Now Crowd billboard to the scene
    8. Observe that the billboard is not facing the camera (this is to be expected and normal)
    9. Select the Now Crowd billboard in the Scene pane
    10. Run the Now-Crowd Orient Billboard script
    11. Click the Preview button - nothing changes in the viewport
    12. Click the Accept button - nothing changes in the viewport
    13. Run the Now-Crowd Utility - Orient Billboard script
    14. Click the Preview button - nothing changes in the viewport
    15. Click the Accept button - nothing changes in the viewport
    16. Move the Tiimeline to frame 0
    17. Observe that the billboard is facing the camera in frame 0, not the frame the Timeline was in when the Orient utility was run.

My Now crowd billboard products and Now Crowd Utilities product are installed with DIM.. My installed Now-Crowd Utilities DIM package date is 5/28/2020. DIM doesn't show any updates available, so I believe I have the latest version. There is no version number shown in the actual script interface dialog. The Now-Crowd Utility - Change Billboard Angle does work to rotate the billboard, but the option in that script to Orient to Camera does not work on a frame other than 0.

If you cannot repeat this scenario with the same results, I guess we need to look deeper to see if one of your other installed scripts has changed something in the Common settings that interferes for me.

Edit: I just noticed that you said the problem was fixed in January 2020. Now-Crowd Utilities hadn't even been released yet at that time. It is possible that old code or settings got used in the new product that reverted a fix you made to the script in Now-Crowd billboard products?

duf
    duf
    Orient Camera Timeline Scene.duf
    Post edited by barbult on

Just to share - this is the image I was working on when I had the timeline frustration. It has one G8F and two billboards.

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Thank you for responding. You are one of the best PAs for customer interaction and bug fixing! Here is a simple scenario to try. (Edit: I saved the scene and attached the scene file to save you some work)

1. Create a new scene
    8. Observe that the billboard is not facing the camera (this is to be expected and normal)
    17. Observe that the billboard is facing the camera in frame 0, not the frame the Timeline was in when the Orient utility was run.

My Now crowd billboard products and Now Crowd Utilities product are installed with DIM.. My installed Now-Crowd Utilities DIM package date is 5/28/2020. DIM doesn't show any updates available, so I believe I have the latest version. There is no version number shown in the actual script interface dialog. The Now-Crowd Utility - Change Billboard Angle does work to rotate the billboard, but the option in that script to Orient to Camera does not work on a frame other than 0.

If you cannot repeat this scenario with the same results, I guess we need to look deeper to see if one of your other installed scripts has changed something in the Common settings that interferes for me.

Edit: I just noticed that you said the problem was fixed in January 2020. Now-Crowd Utilities hadn't even been released yet at that time. It is possible that old code or settings got used in the new product that reverted a fix you made to the script in Now-Crowd billboard products?

Thanks for the steps.  I could reproduce it and I look like I have a fix.  The Orient is the only script with problems?  This fix will only go in Now-Crowd Utitlities.  It is too much to update some 50+ products.

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

1. Create a new scene

Thanks for the steps.  I could reproduce it and I look like I have a fix.  The Orient is the only script with problems?  This fix will only go in Now-Crowd Utitlities.  It is too much to update some 50+ products.

edited March 2022

Now-Crowd Orient Billboard is where I noticed the problem.
    Now-Crowd Utility - Change Billboard Angle also has the problem, because the orient option in that tool doesn't work on the time line.
    I haven't tested the other scripts in Utilities to see what happens with them on the timeline.

Edit:
    I tried the crowd scripts. They will build a crowd, but the the orient buttons don't work in frames other than 0 there either.
    I tried drop to surface, move to ground, and move to height. None of those would move the billboards in any frame other than 0. They just stayed where they were when the timeline is on another frame.

barbult said:

Now-Crowd Utility - Change Billboard Angle also has the problem, because the orient option in that tool doesn't work on the time line.
    I haven't tested the other scripts in Utilities to see what happens with them on the timeline.

Edit:
    I tried the crowd scripts. They will build a crowd, but the the orient buttons don't work in frames other than 0 there either.
    I tried drop to surface, move to ground, and move to height. None of those would move the billboards in any frame other than 0. They just stayed where they were when the timeline is on another frame.

Thanks for this extra information.

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Edit:

Do you want to test the update?  I could send the updated scripts tomorrow... are you still the gmail email address?

edited March 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Edit:

Do you want to test the update?  I could send the updated scripts tomorrow... are you still using the gmail email address?

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    Yes, I'll be happy to test. I'm still using the same Gmail address.

barbult said:

Great!  But it looks like I will have to send you this tomorrow. sad

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

No rush. Take whatever time you need.

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Sent an email.

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Sent an email.

replied, twice.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

I have also encountered this problem. Unfortunately, it makes the crowd products (which are great) much more difficult to use.

Leonides02 said:

I have also encountered this problem. Unfortunately, it makes the crowd products (which are great) much more difficult to use.

I have a fix.  I just need to package it up.

RiverSoftArt said:

Leonides02 said:

Were you able to fix the last issue with Change Billboard Angle not working unless the billboards are selected before the script is run? The Select button on the Options tab will select billboards in the scene, but the change angle does not work on the selected billboards.

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Leonides02 said:

Were you able to fix the last issue with Change Billboard Angle not working unless the billboards are selected before the script is run? The Select button on the Options tab will select billboards in the scene, but the change angle does not work on the selected billboards.

I investigated this, but it works on my system.  What steps do you do for it to not work?

edited May 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Leonides02 said:

I investigated this, but it works on my system.  What steps do you do for it to not work?

I'm using the version you gave me to test. Maybe I don't have something installed correctly or don't have all the necessary files. I am testing in DS 4.20.1.38 Public Build now.

1. Load a Now Crowd billboard.
    2. Do not select the billboard in the Scene pane.(nothing selected in Scene pane).
    3. Run Now Crowd Utility - Change Billboard Angle (Now-Crowd Utilities product)
    4. Click on the Options tab
    5. Click the Select button
    6. Observe that the Now Crowd billboard is correctly highlighted as selected in the Scene pane
    7. Click on the Angle tab
    8. Check the Live Preview checkbox
    9. Observe that although the billboard is selected in the Scene pane, no billboard is shown in the Change Billboard Angle dialog preview area
    10. Click the Preview button
    11. Observe that no billboard is shown in the Change Billboard Angle dialog preview area
    12. Change the Horizontal and Vertical angle sliders to other values
    13. Click the Accept button
    14. Observe that the billboard did not change angle in the viewport

After playing with this scenario for a while and trying various checkbox combos, etc. I sometimes get an error:

billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - change billboard angle.dse
    2022-05-22 11:39:30.445 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 91
    2022-05-22 11:39:30.445 [WARNING] :: RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded.
    2022-05-22 11:39:30.445 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - change billboard angle.dse:91
    2022-05-22 11:39:30.446 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - change billboard angle.dse

After that error, I have to close Daz Studio and it crashes.

In fact, now that I experiment some more, I am having problems with the Select operation in other Now Crowd utilities, too. Try this:

2. Do not select the billboard in the Scene pane.(nothing selected in Scene pane).
    3. Run Now Crowd Utility - Move Billboard To Height (Now-Crowd Utilities product)
    4. Click the Select button
    5. Observe that nothing gets selected in the Scene pane
    6. Click the Accept button
    7. Observe that an error occurs

2022-05-22 11:51:07.183 [INFO] :: Loading script: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - move billboard to height.dse
    2022-05-22 11:52:24.357 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 161
    2022-05-22 11:52:24.357 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: sBBSelectBillboard
    2022-05-22 11:52:24.357 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - move billboard to height.dse:161
    2022-05-22 11:52:24.358 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - move billboard to height.dse

Try this:

2. Select the billboard in the Scene pane
    3. Run Now Crowd Utility - Move Billboard To Height (Now-Crowd Utilities product)
    4. Click the Select button (even though the billboard is already selected)
    5. Click Accept
    6. Observe that an error occurs

2022-05-22 12:09:20.323 [INFO] :: Loading script: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - move billboard to height.dse
    2022-05-22 12:09:26.769 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 274
    2022-05-22 12:09:26.769 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: SelectMatchingNodes
    2022-05-22 12:09:26.769 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - move billboard to height.dse:274
    2022-05-22 12:09:26.770 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - move billboard to height.dse

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Leonides02 said:

I'm using the version you gave me to test. Maybe I don't have something installed correctly or don't have all the necessary files. I am testing in DS 4.20.1.38 Public Build now.

3. Run Now Crowd Utility - Change Billboard Angle (Now-Crowd Utilities product)
    4. Click on the Options tab
    5. Click the Select button
    6. Observe that the Now Crowd billboard is correctly highlighted as selected in the Scene pane
    7. Click on the Angle tab
    8. Check the Live Preview checkbox
    9. Observe that although the billboard is selected in the Scene pane, no billboard is shown in the Change Billboard Angle dialog preview area
    10. Click the Preview button
    11. Observe that no billboard is shown in the Change Billboard Angle dialog preview area
    12. Change the Horizontal and Vertical angle sliders to other values
    13. Click the Accept button
    14. Observe that the billboard did not change angle in the viewport

After playing with this scenario for a while and trying various checkbox combos, etc. I sometimes get an error:

billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - change billboard angle.dse
    2022-05-22 11:39:30.445 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 91
    2022-05-22 11:39:30.445 [WARNING] :: RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded.
    2022-05-22 11:39:30.445 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - change billboard angle.dse:91
    2022-05-22 11:39:30.446 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - change billboard angle.dse

After that error, I have to close Daz Studio and it crashes.

In fact, now that I experiment some more, I am having problems with the Select operation in other Now Crowd utilities, too. Try this:

4. Click the Select button
    5. Observe that nothing gets selected in the Scene pane
    6. Click the Accept button
    7. Observe that an error occurs

2022-05-22 11:51:07.183 [INFO] :: Loading script: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - move billboard to height.dse
    2022-05-22 11:52:24.357 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 161
    2022-05-22 11:52:24.357 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: sBBSelectBillboard
    2022-05-22 11:52:24.357 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - move billboard to height.dse:161
    2022-05-22 11:52:24.358 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - move billboard to height.dse

Try this:

2. Select the billboard in the Scene pane
    4. Click the Select button (even though the billboard is already selected)
    5. Click Accept
    6. Observe that an error occurs

Your product is in a strange state.  I see the Move billboard to height problem but not the change angle.  I will fix the move billboard to height problem,

2022-05-22 12:09:20.323 [INFO] :: Loading script: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - move billboard to height.dse
    2022-05-22 12:09:26.769 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 274
    2022-05-22 12:09:26.769 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: SelectMatchingNodes
    2022-05-22 12:09:26.769 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - move billboard to height.dse:274
    2022-05-22 12:09:26.770 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/utilities/now-crowd utility - move billboard to height.dse

edited May 2022

Should I wait for the official DIM update and install that and see if the problem goes away? Or do you want me to test a new version?

What version of Daz Studio are you using?

Uh Oh. I just tested in 4.16.0.3 and Change Angle works. It does not work for me in 4.20.1.38 Public Beta. They use the same Content Library. Did Daz change a construct that you are using in the script between 4.16 and 4.20? Have you tried the latest Beta or any 4.20 version?

barbult said:

Uh Oh. I just tested in 4.16.0.3 and Change Angle works. It does not work for me in 4.20.1.38 Public Beta. They use the same Content Library. Did Daz change a construct that you are using in the script between 4.16 and 4.20? Have you tried the latest Beta or any 4.20 version?

Right now, I am using 4.10.0.2. 

I would wait for the official patch.

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Right now, I am using 4.10.0.2. 

I would wait for the official patch.

OK, we'll see what happens when the official Now-Crowd Utilities update comes out in DIM. 4.20 is the official released Daz Studio version now, so I hope Daz hasn't changed something that broke Change Angle script.

Now that I have the official patch, the tools are working correctly.Thanks for the update.

barbult said:

Now that I have the official patch, the tools are working correctly.Thanks for the update.

Great!  Thank you for confirming!

barbult said:

Great!  Thank you for confirming!