SUPERSUIT TUTORIALS, QUESTIONS AND DISCUSSION

Comments

• Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

How did you turn the hip on the gold one into panties?

its part of the product ::wink::

sorta :D

edited December 1969

Heavy Hitters

HH1.jpg
    1415 x 927 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Unretouched...

HH2.jpg
    721 x 927 - 653K
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

Good spot! I totally missed it, even though I bought the products.

Randall's given us some pretty cool additions; I did a very, very quick test using the crimson briefs and the canary belt with some quick texture changes; I used the toon OpenGL render mode because I need to add some thickness to the briefs, as the super suit beneath pokes through.

Thanks Randall! You did say these were some of your items, are there more in the near future?

-- Walt Sterdan

Supersuit_Test_00.jpg
    634 x 740 - 156K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

You could use the Push Modifier to add thickness to the briefs

edited December 1969

wsterdan said:

Randall's given us some pretty cool additions; I did a very, very quick test using the crimson briefs and the canary belt with some quick texture changes; I used the toon OpenGL render mode because I need to add some thickness to the briefs, as the super suit beneath pokes through.

Thanks Randall! You did say these were some of your items, are there more in the near future?

-- Walt Sterdan

yes, quite a few.

here is a tease of the names

Rocket Rangers
    First Responders
    Shadow Sentinels
    Irridescent Photonics

thats not even half

all with characters and Lots of shaders.

edited December 1969

wsterdan said:

-- Walt Sterdan

fit the briefs to the suit and it shouldnt poke.

you can also use a second invisible supersuit on genesis and fit the briefs to that, which will allow you to dial the overall thickness and change the offset.

edited December 1969

wsterdan said:

-- Walt Sterdan

here is a video i did on the subject
    http://youtu.be/zO9AQlzdrfg

edited December 1969

wsterdan said:

-- Walt Sterdan

yes, quite a few.

here is a tease of the names

Rocket Rangers
    First Responders
    Shadow Sentinels
    Irridescent Photonics

thats not even half

all with characters and Lots of shaders.

Awesome, looks like the ol' Supersuit's coming out of the closet for a bit. Any teaser images, or just the names for now? ;-)

Thanks to scorpio64dragon and Randall for all the suggestions, I tried all three options and they all worked.

-- Walt Sterdan

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited January 2015

I have some issues with the SuperSuit, when I use the suit with G2M characters. (I have tested it on a complete fresh installation of DS 4.7 with the latest download of the SuperSuit)

First Picture below shows Michael 5 with SuperSuit ... anything is good.

As you can see on the right side of the screenshot, I can dial any red part of the Supersuit-Head.

Second Picture shows Michael 6, wearing Supersuit ... apart from the Poke Throughs it looks okay.

But there is no more folder for the Head in the presets, also the Actor folder is gone.

The only way, how I can remove the head parts for a G2M-charcter is to load the Suit first, make all the dials to remove the unwanted head parts , load next G2M (in
    this case Michael 6) and fit the dialed suit to M6 (with auto-fit-support for Genesis). When I fit the suit to M6 the presets immediatly changes and I can not longer
    edit the Head-Parts.

Last pictures shows the differences of the Suit presets between Genesis (left) and G2M (right).

How can this be fixed? Should I request a ticket from the support? Any helpful hint is welcome.

PS: Just a reminder ... look what I have found in another thread (hint hint)

Edited to add: I have seen DAZ_Rand use the Supersuit for regular clothing, and it looked nice. But so far, Rand has not given us any of his custom made textures (including those "Super-Hero" textures he promised).
    SuperSuitCompare.jpg
    800 x 670 - 254K
    SuperSitM6_1.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 280K
    SuperSuitM5.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 283K
    Post edited by RCTSpanky on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

They are under universal after autofitting (see picture)

SupersuitAutofitFullBodyM6.jpg
    369 x 489 - 51K
    edited December 1969

Thank you Kerya, that helps me very much. Sometimes I don't understand the logic in DAZ Studio (if there is any) :)

edited January 2015

Autofitting to G2 removes the morphs. and it kills the ability to use some presets.

you have to use the Transfer Utility.

Ill post a video soon.

EDIT: it doesnt remove them... just hides them. sorry about that. I actually made a new version of the suit to go on G2M and G2F and saved them as new assets so i dont have to worry about it.

Post edited by Randall Lloyd on
  • MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,986
    edited December 1969

Autofitting to G2 removes the morphs. and it kills the ability to use some presets.

Ill post a video soon.

I use on my genesis 2 male or famale, with autofit and it's work perfect with my presets or defaults :)

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Auto-Fit does not remove morphs they are just hidden so you have to have Show Hidden checked for the Parameter and Shape tabs.

edited January 2015

Muscleman said:

Ill post a video soon.

I use on my genesis 2 male or famale, with autofit and it's work perfect with my presets or defaults :)

FALSE
    it kills HMATS :D

and the supersuit is hard enough to navigate when its on genesis... having the morphs all hidden is kinda sucky

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,986
    edited December 1969

Muscleman said:

Ill post a video soon.

FALSE
    it kills HMATS :D

and the supersuit is hard enough to navigate when its on genesis... having the morphs all hidden is kinda sucky

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa ok, but the morphs works and the presets morph too :) it's not hard to find the morphs, just make a search ;)

edited December 1969

I will wait for the announced video, until then I use the Genesis-Character with the suit. Have played around a littlewith Heavy Hitters on Freak 5 (with a bit of Photo Paint)

Berserkers.jpg
    1273 x 1800 - 1M
    edited January 2015

I will wait for the announced video, until then I use the Genesis-Character with the suit. Have played around a littlewith Heavy Hitters on Freak 5 (with a bit of Photo Paint)

the first video is processing now.... might be a while, but here is the link.

http://youtu.be/d-CajNIoGcI

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Precious Keira

Credits:
    Keira for Stephanie 5 - Raiya
    Cat Character and Hair (just the hair) - Valea
    Genesis Supersuit - Daz
    Boots and Belt for Supersuit - Ravenhair
    Supersuit Precious Metals - Randall Lloyd

PreciousKeira.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 145K
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited January 2015

Nice, Kerya!

These can be seen at my HiveWire 3D Gallery

http://hivewire3d.com/forum/album.php?albumid=61

Great outfits and tons of shaders. You can never have enough shaders :)

Alisa-CC-HH-PM.jpg
    400 x 541 - 78K
    Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
    edited December 1969

This is one I did its also in the monthly comp thread in the members forum.

Morning-Glory.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

This is one I did its also in the monthly comp thread in the members forum.
    Gorgeous, thanks for sharing.

-- Walt Sterdan

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Lovely, scorpio!

edited December 1969

Supersuit Heavy Hitters Part 2: Loading and Character Shapes

http://youtu.be/68uY91I5ABc

edited December 1969

Supersuit Heavy Hitters Part 3: Preset Types Compared

http://youtu.be/AudlM1KJuoQ

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited January 2015

nemesis10 said:
    I love how the suit auto fits the Genesis 2 characters but wish they could use the expressions...

Could you discuss this more?

I'm having an issue..with it autofitted to G2F, with just some of the head being used, but when the character smiles, suit goo comes out of the mouth.

Screenshot_2015-01-21_02.30_.09_.png
    583 x 294 - 153K
    Post edited by Scavenger on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

A lot of the presets (from when suit was first released) did not hide parts by adjusting their opacity but instead used morphs to sink the sections below the wearer's mesh. This may be what is happening in your image.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    A lot of the presets (from when suit was first released) did not hide parts by adjusting their opacity but instead used morphs to sink the sections below the wearer's mesh. This may be what is happening in your image.

Oh, that's exactly what's happening.. Right now, the only thing I can think to fix it is to composite two renders to fix it.

edited January 2015

Scavenger said:
    jestmart said:

Oh, that's exactly what's happening.. Right now, the only thing I can think to fix it is to composite two renders to fix it.

Select the surface zone(s) use the surface selection tool it makes it easier, and make it invisible via the surfaces tab (0% Opacity)

Post edited by scorpio on