Pose&Animate; tab, presets are missing

lannabullslannabulls Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Just install daz studio 4,
on my windows 7 64 bit i install the program in "C/Program file/DAZ3D/DazStudio4/"
my library folder in "D/3D Contents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/"

When i go to "Pose&Animate; tab" my preset are missing, i have empty thumbnails with no photo in, if i click one of these i get an error message:
"An error has occured while rendering the file, check the file log" I check the log file it say :
"Executing DAZ Script file: C:/Users/Emule/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis/Poses/BasicChild/Kid Laying 01.dsa
Failed to load script file!" It is looking the script not in "D/3D Contents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/" it is looking on C, in a wrong place.
How can i solve the matter?How to Tell Studio to go look on my Library in my D disk?
Thanks a lot

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I installed my contents not default location . I installed under I: volume, so it seems same with you.

then can you find and apply material presets eg Sample lana to genesis?
    because the material files and poses for kid are same default "genesis" products.
    so if you install daz default contents correctly and you can apply material to genesis,
    I think it is strange that only pose preset you can not load.

1 check this guide(it seems best tutorial for you)

organaize contents tutorial

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/finding_loading_and_organizing_content/tutorials/mapping_directories/start

when you "add a base directory" , to DAZ Stuido Formats (right click the folda icon of "contents library" as the documents say)
    must select your "my library" folda under the D:drive. it is “D/3D Contents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/”

2 if you do not run cms ( contents managements service ) daz studio may not find your contents folda
    shut down daz studio, then go to your pc windows start menu
    >all programes>daz 3d >DAZ contents managements service>stop service,
    then start service.

then run daz studio 4 again.

if daz studio can not read contents of another drive, you may need to reinstall and install contents in default location.
    but I think you need not so.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Go to "Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager" and make sure the location you chose is showing under both DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats, and remove the one in Users if you aren't using that one.

• lannabullslannabulls Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot!
    I can apply materials, no problem.
    contents managements service is up and running
    I already check my content Directory manager, it display correct pats for my content in D.
    I unisntall studio, reinstall it with default directory, my lIbrary in C " C:/Users/Emule/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/"
    and everything now works fine.
    I'm a beginner and the system how library it organized is not so easy, i must master it cause is not intuitive at all, at list for my small brain.....
    By the way, sorry about my poor written english and thanks a lot for your help