SUPERSUIT TUTORIALS, QUESTIONS AND DISCUSSION

135

Comments

  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,737
    edited December 1969

    riftwitch said:
    À skirt add on, like supergirl's, would be nice. Also different types of cloaks is always welcome.

    That would be good. But which one? Her skirt has changed quite a bit over the years.

    Yes, there have been some changes at her skirt, I - just my opinion :P - prefer the current one which they showed with the new universe.

  • Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

    @ Randall Lloyd. Thanks for the informative videos, I got a lot out of the Tips & Tricks. I am looking forward to the supersuit bundle/expansions. Not sure if your still looking for feedback? I generally prefer bundles if most of it looks useful as I like to mix and match and they are usually less expensive per item. I would consider individual items if they were really interesting. I also prefer things that would add capabilities rather then presets that I could quickly dial on my own. Things like skirts, capes, cloaks, boots, gloves, masks, etc. I like when they are specially designed to work like the supersuit with lots of material zones, morphs, etc. More shaders would be nice as long as they are very unique compared to the existing ones.

  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

    Thanks for the new supersuit items.

  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,750
    edited January 2015

    Wow, I haven't seen this thread in such a long time! :)

    Hey Randall! How've you been? :cheese:

    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,333
    edited December 1969

    Greetings,
    Just a repetitive repeat warning, if you bought the Supersuit Pro or Suite, you may see bundles that you actually have, but that aren't marked as owned. The Supersuit Pro Suite is the most egregious of these, containing the Supersuit Pro Bundle, Genesis Creature Creator Bundle, and three Supersuit content bundles: Super Hero, Sci-Fi, and Fantasy. So you'll see all those bundles as unpurchased, because the store doesn't (and never has) handle mid-level bundles.

    Other than that, I own the Supersuit Pro Suite (bought it during the intiial release) and it's frikkin' AMAZING, and it's just $60 right now, for a truly epic amount of content.

    -- Morgan

  • Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

    its been a long time coming but *SOME* of my new stuff is out.

    Let me know if you have questions or comments

    thanks

  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,365
    edited December 1969

    It made me really happy to see these first three new supersuit products in the store this morning; they flew into my cart. I hope the others are released s**n (my wallet doesn't agree, but I'm sure we'll reach some sort of compromise). These first ones look really good; I can't wait to try out the new shaders.

  • Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

    They look nice, glad they are finally available. After they are all out will there be a bundle?

  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 797
    edited December 1969

    its been a long time coming but *SOME* of my new stuff is out.

    Let me know if you have questions or comments

    thanks

    Finally the first new ones are out ... that's what count for the Supersuit Fans like me. I was more than pleasently surprised to find new Supersuit products in the store and I have bought "Supersuit Heavy Hitters" immediatly (the other two have to wait ... too many things must be payed in January). Then I make a first (incomplete) test.

    Two questions more or less serious ... 1. from which planet did you get the metal for the Heavy Hitters parts? I have never seen a metal that can bend so flexible (as in the elbow) and with every movement has neither dents or other damages. :cheese:

    Next one more serious ... as you can see on the picture below, my suit has nipples. I have them always on the suit, but I don't know, how I dial them away. Since the movie "Batman and Robin" this should be normal, but it looks strange. Have you any idea, how I can remove them from the Supersuit?

    HeavyTest.jpg
    800 x 800 - 161K
  • Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited January 2015

    Do you have this issue with the base genesis before applying any morphs? The nipples are probably coming from a morph on genesis and not an issue with the supersuit. The only easy fix I can think of would be to remove the morph that has the nipples from the genesis figure. Character morphs should have separate dials for things like nipples, if they don't then they might be problematic for any wardrobe items.

    Post edited by Swawa3D on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,750
    edited December 1969

    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Just a repetitive repeat warning, if you bought the Supersuit Pro or Suite, you may see bundles that you actually have, but that aren't marked as owned. The Supersuit Pro Suite is the most egregious of these, containing the Supersuit Pro Bundle, Genesis Creature Creator Bundle, and three Supersuit content bundles: Super Hero, Sci-Fi, and Fantasy. So you'll see all those bundles as unpurchased, because the store doesn't (and never has) handle mid-level bundles.

    Other than that, I own the Supersuit Pro Suite (bought it during the intiial release) and it's frikkin' AMAZING, and it's just $60 right now, for a truly epic amount of content.

    -- Morgan


    Yeah, I really wish DAZ would fix that...
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 1,497
    edited December 1969

    I love how the suit auto fits the Genesis 2 characters but wish they could use the expressions...

    Hero.jpg
    1625 x 1261 - 309K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 9,692
    edited December 1969

    ...
    ..., my suit has nipples. I have them always on the suit, ...

    You can't remove them from the Supersuit - they are from the character you applied to Genesis.
    Same goes for Belly buttons.
    If you are lucky the creator of the character has added a "remove nipples" morph.
    Else you can try to use other characters remove nipples - sometimes they work.

    Apart from that:
    SHADERS!
    Nifty SHADERS!
    And more presets for the Supersuit!
    *happy dance!*

  • Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

    I'm a bit confused - which is not unusual in itself these days it seems - but does anyone know what exactly is "NEW" about all the original Supersuit add-ons? Checking some of the dynamic sets for example shows them to have last been updated in January 2013, so I don't understand the green "NEW" flash on the product pictures. Or is that simply an easy way to push the items to the top so they are on the first product page to encourage sales?

  • Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

    Dr Stupid said:
    I'm a bit confused - which is not unusual in itself these days it seems - but does anyone know what exactly is "NEW" about all the original Supersuit add-ons? Checking some of the dynamic sets for example shows them to have last been updated in January 2013, so I don't understand the green "NEW" flash on the product pictures. Or is that simply an easy way to push the items to the top so they are on the first product page to encourage sales?

    I created the three new sets:

    Heavy Hitters
    Color Corps
    Precious Metals

    They are new because they have never been released for sale before now.

    There were considerable changes and upgrades that had to be made to the supersuit and my products were kept on hold until those changes could be scheduled and completed.

    The fact that they were created some time ago is irrelevant, they are new to the community and have never been sold on the store before.

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 9,692
    edited December 1969

    Dr Stupid said:
    I'm a bit confused - which is not unusual in itself these days it seems - but does anyone know what exactly is "NEW" about all the original Supersuit add-ons? Checking some of the dynamic sets for example shows them to have last been updated in January 2013, so I don't understand the green "NEW" flash on the product pictures. Or is that simply an easy way to push the items to the top so they are on the first product page to encourage sales?

    I created the three new sets:

    Heavy Hitters
    Color Corps
    Precious Metals

    They are new because they have never been released for sale before now.

    There were considerable changes and upgrades that had to be made to the supersuit and my products were kept on hold until those changes could be scheduled and completed.

    The fact that they were created some time ago is irrelevant, they are new to the community and have never been sold on the store before.

    Dr. Stupid is talking about this page:
    http://www.daz3d.com/2015-genesis-sale
    and the Dynamic Supersuit items on the page and the Supersuit Content bundles (which most certainly are NOT new ...)

    I don't have the Dynamic Supersuit items - maybe they were updated to .duf format and got other fixes.
    A way to find out about that is to look at their readmes - memorize the sku number (it's under the price on the product page)
    and go to http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/start
    I looked up one - there are no changes.
    It's probably one of those Daz glitches.

  • Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

    Kerya said:
    Dr Stupid said:
    I'm a bit confused - which is not unusual in itself these days it seems - but does anyone know what exactly is "NEW" about all the original Supersuit add-ons? Checking some of the dynamic sets for example shows them to have last been updated in January 2013, so I don't understand the green "NEW" flash on the product pictures. Or is that simply an easy way to push the items to the top so they are on the first product page to encourage sales?

    I created the three new sets:

    Heavy Hitters
    Color Corps
    Precious Metals

    They are new because they have never been released for sale before now.

    There were considerable changes and upgrades that had to be made to the supersuit and my products were kept on hold until those changes could be scheduled and completed.

    The fact that they were created some time ago is irrelevant, they are new to the community and have never been sold on the store before.

    Dr. Stupid is talking about this page:
    http://www.daz3d.com/2015-genesis-sale
    and the Dynamic Supersuit items on the page and the Supersuit Content bundles (which most certainly are NOT new ...)

    I don't have the Dynamic Supersuit items - maybe they were updated to .duf format and got other fixes.
    A way to find out about that is to look at their readmes - memorize the sku number (it's under the price on the product page)
    and go to http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/start
    I looked up one - there are no changes.
    It's probably one of those Daz glitches.

    OOOps my mistake.

    sorry Dr Stupid :D

  • Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

    Dr Stupid said:
    I'm a bit confused - which is not unusual in itself these days it seems - but does anyone know what exactly is "NEW" about all the original Supersuit add-ons? Checking some of the dynamic sets for example shows them to have last been updated in January 2013, so I don't understand the green "NEW" flash on the product pictures. Or is that simply an easy way to push the items to the top so they are on the first product page to encourage sales?

    I created the three new sets:

    Heavy Hitters
    Color Corps
    Precious Metals

    They are new because they have never been released for sale before now.

    There were considerable changes and upgrades that had to be made to the supersuit and my products were kept on hold until those changes could be scheduled and completed.

    The fact that they were created some time ago is irrelevant, they are new to the community and have never been sold on the store before.

    Oh I get all that Randall! And I know the products containing the base models were updated last October (although still not technically "new"). I was referring to the older add-ons like the four dynamic sets, the Hero, Sci Fi, Trooper sets etc. Surely these aren't new, and has anything been updated within them? Your new sets look great though, and I shall be picking them up :-)

  • Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

    Oops! Looks like we all posted at the same time! The dynamic sets were last updated January 2013. I was really just interested in finding out why all the products now say "NEW" on them! I wouldn't be surprised if it's because of something to do with bumping them to the top of the product pages as I suggested! :-)

  • Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

    Dr Stupid said:
    Dr Stupid said:
    I'm a bit confused - which is not unusual in itself these days it seems - but does anyone know what exactly is "NEW" about all the original Supersuit add-ons? Checking some of the dynamic sets for example shows them to have last been updated in January 2013, so I don't understand the green "NEW" flash on the product pictures. Or is that simply an easy way to push the items to the top so they are on the first product page to encourage sales?

    I created the three new sets:

    Heavy Hitters
    Color Corps
    Precious Metals

    They are new because they have never been released for sale before now.

    There were considerable changes and upgrades that had to be made to the supersuit and my products were kept on hold until those changes could be scheduled and completed.

    The fact that they were created some time ago is irrelevant, they are new to the community and have never been sold on the store before.

    Oh I get all that Randall! And I know the products containing the base models were updated last October (although still not technically "new"). I was referring to the older add-ons like the four dynamic sets, the Hero, Sci Fi, Trooper sets etc. Surely these aren't new, and has anything been updated within them? Your new sets look great though, and I shall be picking them up :-)

    yes, i made some changes to those sets that I think they incorporated... and there were wearables added and presets updated. Some bugs were fixed and inconsistencies removed.

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 9,692
    edited December 1969

    Dr Stupid said:
    ... And I know the products containing the base models were updated last October (although still not technically "new"). I was referring to the older add-ons like the four dynamic sets, the Hero, Sci Fi, Trooper sets etc. Surely these aren't new, and has anything been updated within them? Your new sets look great though, and I shall be picking them up :-)

    Supersuit:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/13966/start
    2014-12-18 - Updated to DSON (.DUF) format. Updated Metadata. Various updates. Standardized folder structure. Added symetrical limbs UVs to Basic Suit.

    Boots and Belt
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14063/start
    2014-12-18 - Updated to .DUF, standardized folder structure, updated metadata.

    Cape
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14212/start
    2014-12-18 - Updated to .DUF, standardized folder structure, updated metadata.

    Fantasy Pack
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14527/start
    2014-12-18 - Updated to .DUF, standardized folder structure, updated metadata.

    Hero Pack
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14525/start
    2014-12-18 - Updated to .DUF, standardized folder structure, updated metadata.

    SciFi Pack
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14523/start
    2014-12-18 - Updated to .DUF, standardized folder structure, updated metadata.

    Troopers
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14245/start
    2014-12-18 - Updated to .DUF, standardized folder structure, updated metadata.


    And one thing is sure: those .duf are loading much faster than the old .dsa files!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

    Well "duh" to me!!! I keep forgetting there are documentation pages! Thanks Kerya for collating that info. I remember downloading a bunch of updates before Christmas, although the package dates are October for the Supersuit items. But now I know - we gots dufs!!

    I still don't understand why they have a "NEW" flash on some of them though! And how come the Cape and Boots/Belt don't have the flash as well?

    Of course this information is of no earthly use whatsoever, and I really need to learn to just let it go.

    Maybe I don't get out enough........

  • Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 533
    edited December 1969

    A quick and shameless attempt to get people to visit my DAZ Gallery, here's something I did with the Crusher set from the Supersuit Heavy Hitters package: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/52602/

  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,365
    edited December 1969

    SmallFry said:
    A quick and shameless attempt to get people to visit my DAZ Gallery, here's something I did with the Crusher set from the Supersuit Heavy Hitters package: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/52602/

    That's really well done. I still haven't bought the new sets yet (still in my cart), but I like the results you're getting.

  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,750
    edited December 1969

    Kerya said:
    Dr Stupid said:
    ... And I know the products containing the base models were updated last October (although still not technically "new"). I was referring to the older add-ons like the four dynamic sets, the Hero, Sci Fi, Trooper sets etc. Surely these aren't new, and has anything been updated within them? Your new sets look great though, and I shall be picking them up :-)

    Supersuit:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/13966/start
    2014-12-18 - Updated to DSON (.DUF) format. Updated Metadata. Various updates. Standardized folder structure. Added symetrical limbs UVs to Basic Suit.

    Boots and Belt
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14063/start
    2014-12-18 - Updated to .DUF, standardized folder structure, updated metadata.

    Cape
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14212/start
    2014-12-18 - Updated to .DUF, standardized folder structure, updated metadata.

    Fantasy Pack
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14527/start
    2014-12-18 - Updated to .DUF, standardized folder structure, updated metadata.

    Hero Pack
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14525/start
    2014-12-18 - Updated to .DUF, standardized folder structure, updated metadata.

    SciFi Pack
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14523/start
    2014-12-18 - Updated to .DUF, standardized folder structure, updated metadata.

    Troopers
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14245/start
    2014-12-18 - Updated to .DUF, standardized folder structure, updated metadata.


    And one thing is sure: those .duf are loading much faster than the old .dsa files!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    So THAT'S why I got a huge DIM Product Update list this morning, then? :)

  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 3,566
    edited January 2015

    I wanted to see if anyone else was running into these issues before I filed a ticket.

    If Randall is still monitoring this thread, I do have a question: what exactly are the materials presets for Precious Metals and Color Corps supposed to do?

    I thought that, if you already had the Supersuit in scene, they would apply the materials so that they looked like the promos, more or less. As you can see from the images below, that's not really what's happening with Precious Metals. And I can't tell what's supposed to happen with the Color Corps materials files; they send Studio into a "Not responding" fit and I wind up having to kill the process.

    The wearables and complete presets for both products work as expected, calling the items into the scene. It's only the materials presets that don't seem to work properly.

    I even redownloaded everything to do with the supersuit, just in case. But whatever differences there were, it didn't make any difference for this.

    penny1.png
    807 x 821 - 176K
    goldie1.png
    807 x 821 - 199K
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited January 2015

    vwrangler said:
    I wanted to see if anyone else was running into these issues before I filed a ticket.

    If Randall is still monitoring this thread, I do have a question: what exactly are the materials presets for Precious Metals and Color Corps supposed to do?

    I thought that, if you already had the Supersuit in scene, they would apply the materials so that they looked like the promos, more or less. As you can see from the images below, that's not really what's happening with Precious Metals. And I can't tell what's supposed to happen with the Color Corps materials files; they send Studio into a "Not responding" fit and I wind up having to kill the process.

    The wearables and complete presets for both products work as expected, calling the items into the scene. It's only the materials presets that don't seem to work properly.

    I even redownloaded everything to do with the supersuit, just in case. But whatever differences there were, it didn't make any difference for this.

    Material Presets change the color of the supersuit surface... but not the shape.

    The precious metal suits use morphed surfaces to look the way they do. Use a Complete preset or Wearable preset to load the supersuit then you can try changing the materials afterward.

    you could also use a shaping preset to shape it after you apply the material.... but i recommend starting with a Wearable preset first as you have already stated works fine.

    Post edited by Randall Lloyd on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 3,566
    edited December 1969

    Material Presets change the color of the supersuit surface... but not the shape.

    The precious metal suits use morphed surfaces to look the way they do. Use a Complete preset or Wearable preset to load the supersuit then you can try changing the materials afterward.

    you could also use a shaping preset to shape it after you apply the material.... but i recommend starting with a Wearable preset first as you have already stated works fine.

    Ah, OK. I didn't realize that those suits were morphed that way. Thanks for the fast response!

  • Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

    Just a quick one.

    pm_1b.jpg
    1046 x 927 - 750K
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,750
    edited December 1969

    How did you turn the hip on the gold one into panties?

Sign In or Register to comment.