New to DS 4 -- how to save a "view" for a scene?

ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi all. I'm a slightly advanced user of Daz Studio, but version 4 is new to me. I've got a question that searching the forums did not seem to answer.

In prior versions, when I saved a scene, my "view" would be saved as well. For example, if I had a figure in a scene and I had zoomed in on the figure's face, the next time, the file would open focused on the figure's face.

Daz Studio 4 apparently does not do this. Every time I open my scene, I get a full-length view of my figure. I just want to focus on his head.

How can I make a "headshot view" stick as part of my scene information? Thanks.

--MW

Comments

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

make a camera? that may not be what you want, but I just make a camera that saves the pov I want saved.

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

I don't think I'm quite clear on how to make a camera. Help? I tried saving something as a "camera preset," but that didn't seem to work... Argh!

--MW

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,220
    edited December 1969

Create>New camera. You pick the way you are viewing the scene using the picker in the top corner - by default it will say perspective view, which isn't saved in scenes or presets and isn't tracked for Undo. If you click the More options button when creating a camera you can mimic the current view (apply active vieweport transforms), assuming you want to keep it.

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Just remember that in DS4, there should be a grey box saying Default Camera or Perspective view. Left click on it and it will show you the different views (called Cameras) available.

You can create ask many different camera views as you wish, you just need to call them different names.

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Thanks very much, all. My problem was that I didn't know to look under "cameras" for my specific topic.

--MW

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Glad you've sorted it :-)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Also, I would recommend that once you have the new camera set up the way you want, you "lock" all the transforms in the Properties Tab for the camera. That way it can't accidentally be moved. I always have at least one locked camera that I set up for my intended render, then I use the Default camera for zooming in when posing fingers, hands, etc. because, as you've seen, when you zoom out again the Default camera will go back to it's default loading position and not where you had it previously.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Also, don't use the "Perspective View" camera for any scene setup you want to preserve from one session to another — that camera is not saved when you save the scene, so when you reload it the PV camera has gone back to its default settings. Use the "Default Camera" or a new camera you've created.