MetaMixer

Comments

• Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

I created an asset bundle of 25 male faces, compatible with Genesis 8 and 8.1, male and female, with details up to SubDivision 2:

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited February 2022

These are Honni, Celani, and Twosret. Different skin and hair make a lot of difference. I really like the first one.

MetaMixer G8.1F Honni Celani Twosret.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 4M
    MetaMixer G8.1F Honni Celani Twosret_002_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Nice :-) yes

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

@barbuit Those characters are very nice, thanks for sharing.

Thanks, people. Post some of your own, so I can see what other people are making, too.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,035
    edited March 2022

I bought a whole mess of HD addons during the last few days, so I thought I'd take Metamixer for another spin. I still don't entirely understand how HD morphs are supposed to work within Metamixer, and since the HD addons only give me the HD widget (and even then, seemingly not all of them), I may get limited utility out of all these new HDs where Metamixer is concerned. Still, here's Clara, Nida and Twosret, with Jada's wonderful skin.

Metamixed 2.png
    1600 x 1600 - 3M
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • Yeah, I was wondering about that. I don't think the HD adds that much value when most PA characters come with it included, but if Meta Mixer produced anything interesting with it it would be another matter. Does anyone else have more experience with using the HD add-ons with this app?

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,093
    It's weird that many of the base figures I use the most; Olympia 8, Dain 8, Alawa 8, Mei Lin 8, Ashan 8, and Monique 8, don't have MetaMixer presets. Only ones that did were Kjaer 8, Twoset 8, and Brute 8. Haven't been tempted to try it as a result.

MimicMolly said:

It's weird that many of the base figures I use the most; Olympia 8, Dain 8, Alawa 8, Mei Lin 8, Ashan 8, and Monique 8, don't have MetaMixer presets. Only ones that did were Kjaer 8, Twoset 8, and Brute 8. Haven't been tempted to try it as a result.

You might as well get it while it is free, in case Daz raises the price in the future and then releases the addons you want (if they ever do).

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713

it doesn't play well on my computer or I would have grabbed many of the presets when they were cheap, Filament works well on its own but with this it is very very laggy, pity it cannot use openGL view to show all the controls.

edited March 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

it doesn't play well on my computer or I would have grabbed many of the presets when they were cheap, Filament works well on its own but with this it is very very laggy, pity it cannot use openGL view to show all the controls.

Did you remove the eyelashes from the characters as recommended in the tutorial? Removing the eyelashes eliminates MetaMixer lagginess for me.

And the controls work fine for me in Texture Shaded viewport. What problems are you having?

• Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

WendyLuvsCatz said:

To remove the lag either (a) delete any attached figures including the Tear and Eyelashes, or (b) do not use the MetaMixer camera, use Perspective View instead. MetaMixer also works with any rendering style: Shaded, Textured, Filament, etc. 

Another way to improve general Studio performance is to go to the Draw Settings -> SubDivision Updates and set it to "Delayed".

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 568

Is there a list somewhere of all the characters that should work with MetaMixer? As I understand it, the add-ons are supposed to add support for characters you don't already own. I already have a lot of DAZ characters, but only a few are showing up as options to use. Also, are there any PA characters that work with the MM?

As far as I know, the characters that come up when you search the store for "metamixer" are the only ones that work with it, apart from the characters included in the MetaMixer Toolkit. It's early in the game, but MetaMixer add-ons might be a thing that only Faux2D knows how to create, like how only AM knows how to make Catalyzer hair. Hopefully they share that knowledge with other creators (or already has), and those other creators have the will to actually create them. 

Gordig said:

As far as I know, the characters that come up when you search the store for "metamixer" are the only ones that work with it, apart from the characters included in the MetaMixer Toolkit. It's early in the game, but MetaMixer add-ons might be a thing that only Faux2D knows how to create, like how only AM knows how to make Catalyzer hair. Hopefully they share that knowledge with other creators (or already has), and those other creators have the will to actually create them. 

That's unfortunate. The only ones that are in the search results for me are some HD add-ons (only 4 that I have, none of the others that I do have and only 4 others that I want) and a few bundle characters. I really hope they eventually add support for all their characters and HD add-ons. It would be great to see PA characters get support as well.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 996

It is also confusing that if you have Michael HD, that has metamixer, but the metamixer add-on for Michael 8 still appears. I assume there is no reason to get the metamixer add-on because I already have Michael HD.

James_H said:

It is also confusing that if you have Michael HD, that has metamixer, but the metamixer add-on for Michael 8 still appears. I assume there is no reason to get the metamixer add-on because I already have Michael HD.

I haven't figured out how to make HD addons work, so it might depend on having the actual MetaMixer addon, and the HD addon just gives you access to extra details.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 996

I haven't figured out how to make HD addons work, so it might depend on having the actual MetaMixer addon, and the HD addon just gives you access to extra details.

Well, the description of the metamixer Michael 8 seems to include the same things that are listed in the traditional Michael 8 HD. But there may be a difference, I suppose. Must have a play one day.

Well, I just loaded three HD widgets for characters whose regular addons I owned, and nothing changed when I started fiddling with components. I replaced them all with the non-HD widgets, but the root node still said +HD, so I guess that's how they work: you can't use them to mix unless you own the base add-on, and owning the HD addon gives you extra details.

Gordig said:

Well, I just loaded three HD widgets for characters whose regular addons I owned, and nothing changed when I started fiddling with components. I replaced them all with the non-HD widgets, but the root node still said +HD, so I guess that's how they work: you can't use them to mix unless you own the base add-on, and owning the HD addon gives you extra details.

That explains why it wasn't really working when I tried the HD morphs. It was somewhat noticeable in the ears. When I tried the free add-ons that came with MM, I could get the male ones to work in G8 male but couldn't get the female one to work in G8 male. There's more I need to learn.

Quasar said:

Gordig said:

That explains why it wasn't really working when I tried the HD morphs. It was somewhat noticeable in the ears. When I tried the free add-ons that came with MM, I could get the male ones to work in G8 male but couldn't get the female one to work in G8 male. There's more I need to learn.

Despite being part of the initial advertising, cross-MetaMixing doesn't seem to be supported, at least currently.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,370

This may have been asked, but does anyone know if we'll get a MetaMixer for the body some day?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Leonides02 said:

This may have been asked, but does anyone know if we'll get a MetaMixer for the body some day?

That's probably a question for @Faux2D since he developed MetaMixer and DAZ 3D bought it out from him.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

MetaMixer is a great idea, hearkening back to the eyes/nose/lips morphs in the M4/V4 Elite Ethnic Faces. If only Daz had supported MetaMixer by releasing versions for the scores of Core Figures available.

edited September 2022

This is my latest MetaMixer guy. He is a combination of Necromancer, Kwan, and Drutherson, and a few of the individual face section PowerPose adjustments.

MetaMixer Male_001 L.jpg
    1672 x 2000 - 2M
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

@barbult, that is a great mix. You have a very interesting guy there.

I couldn't get MetaMixer to work at all when it came out and never installed the rest of the products that were included in bundles. I might have to re-think that and try again.

Mary

Mary, the MetaMixer PDF tutorial is good, but you have to follow it VERY carefully. MetaMixer is not an intuitive product at all.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

barbult said:

This is my latest MetaMixer guy. He is a combination of Necromancer, Kwan, and Drutherson, and a few of the individual face section PowerPose adjustments.

Thats a great use of the product brab. Thanks for sharing. 

• I just picked up Torian for Metamixer. He works OK, but I'd rather not have elf ears. I've tried a few different things, but I can't make his ears look human. Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks.

• jhogenboom_da69c035a9 said:

I just picked up Torian for Metamixer. He works OK, but I'd rather not have elf ears. I've tried a few different things, but I can't make his ears look human. Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks.

I think the easiest way would be to dial out the Torian ears morph...

Type Torian in the text field at the top of the parameters window and you will see loads of morphs associated with Torian... I would imagine one is called Torian ears, slide it down to zero.