Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited December 2014

Looking good everybody, lots of very good renders so far ...

Here is my latest:

Interior2122.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 320K
    Post edited by FifthElement on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Looking good everybody, lots of very good renders so far ...

Here is my latest:

Very cool render. Was the black and white look done in an image editor or did you do this in Carrara?

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited December 1969

Very cool render. Was the black and white look done in an image editor or did you do this in Carrara?

Thanks.

Everything was (except Victoria model, of course) modeled (and UV-ed) in Silo and rendered in Carrara 8 in B&W (even converted Vicky textures to black and white too). Grading, glow, noise, bit of tinting and blur done in free version of Fusion :)

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Space Girl and friend....

SpaceGirl50.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 371K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

it's good to have a friend

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,660
    edited December 1969

Excellent !!!!!!!

edited December 1969

You know when one of Stu's pictures is going to be a classic. It's directly proportionate to either the amount of drool, or the amount of appendages. ;-)

Freakin' awesome as always, Stu!

Great use of colors! Cartoon-bright, yet does nothing to detract from the creepiness!

edited December 2014

I wanted to try wet maps and fake SSS. I also wanted to see if I could do it in a night scene. I think I did alright.

I used caustics, but no Indirect Light or Skylight. The caustics worked great for lighting the pool, and did add a soft, but noticeable effect on the surrounding architecture. It wasn't quite as intense as I wanted it, despite cranking the caustics up to 300%, so I added spots with a caustic looking gel, which I generated by rendering a plane with a fractal noise texture in the glow channel, and blurred slightly in PS.

I'm including the gel, feel free to use it however you see fit. It's black and white, so if you need a color, add it to the light.

Static_Caustic_Gel.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 322K
    Night_at_the_pool.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 1M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Thanks EP...Drool and tentacles.....it's the only way...

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

I wanted to try wet maps and fake SSS. I also wanted to see if I could do it in a night scene. I think I did alright.

One of the best you've ever done. Really beautiful work EP.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 1969

stunning renders here,
    EP: skin and water look very realistic indeed

my first try to accomplish an unbiased-like render taking into account each possible light interaction; what actually causes the blotch behind the ear dunno

Doc10.JPG
    2000 x 945 - 2M
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

I've been avoiding terrains and realistic skies so far because they look pretty intimidating, so this is my first attempt with them. I think I over did the haze settings, there's something wonky with my distribution map for the rocks on the shoreline and the green color on the top of the cliffs is bleeding into the stone all the way down (I think that's an issue with the blend settings on the different levels of the terrain shader, maybe?) but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it for a first try. Two months in and Carrara continues to be fun to play with. :)

Mark

CastleByTheSea-TestRender-01.jpg
    2000 x 1475 - 277K
    edited December 1969

I think you're off to a good start. We all have to learn to walk before we can run after all.

Sometimes you can keep the level of haze, but you can force the atmosphere's perspective a little bit by going into the RSE and increasing the value in the second field where it says, 1.00 mi In The Scene Corresponds To 1.00 mi.

In my sample images, I used a the Arizona Sky preset because I know it is hazy and a good extreme example.

Increasing the value to read 1.00 mi corresponds to 10.00 mi was a bit much, but changing the second value to 3.00 mi looked much better. The results will be quite different if you use or make an atmosphere with less haze.

Picture_5.png
    946 x 778 - 415K
    Picture_4.png
    824 x 776 - 369K
    Picture_3.png
    525 x 100 - 14K
    Picture_2.png
    474 x 100 - 13K
    Picture_1.png
    753 x 779 - 390K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210
    edited December 1969

Yeah, if 'you' think that you've overdone the haze, so be it. But considering the distance of the camera vs the distant cliff, it doesn't look overdone to me at all. I love the composition too. But I have been liking all of the stuff you've been showing since you started playing with Carrara - and I agree... Carrara is incredibly fun, and I've had it since early 2010 and spent a lot of time with it during that time. Being kept from it right now is absolutely driving me crazy!

EP, that's a pretty awesome render! I really like the artificial SSS you've pulled off on that!

Mag, looks great. Yeah... not sure what that crazy blotch is. Almost like a pile of corruption against the GI or something strange. Strange!

I should be back soon (I hope). Rosie is working hard to figure out a way to get me a permanent(ish) schedule which I can dedicate to Carrara/Carrara community work (Thanks, my beautiful, wonderful, treasure-full Rose!). Fingers crossed.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

I think you're off to a good start. We all have to learn to walk before we can run after all.

Sometimes you can keep the level of haze, but you can force the atmosphere's perspective a little bit by going into the RSE and increasing the value in the second field where it says, 1.00 mi In The Scene Corresponds To 1.00 mi.

In my sample images, I used a the Arizona Sky preset because I know it is hazy and a good extreme example.

Increasing the value to read 1.00 mi corresponds to 10.00 mi was a bit much, but changing the second value to 3.00 mi looked much better. The results will be quite different if you use or make an atmosphere with less haze.

Thanks evilproducer. I did play around with that a little bit but I was having a hard time seeing how much of an effect it was having in the preview window and it barely showed up at all in my 800px test renders. It wasn't really visible until I rendered at full size. I'm saving your examples to give me a reference when playing with it in the future (I know results will be kind of scene dependent, but having a starting place is always good).

Yeah, if 'you' think that you've overdone the haze, so be it. But considering the distance of the camera vs the distant cliff, it doesn't look overdone to me at all. I love the composition too.

LOL - the distance it not as far as it seems. I was having a real hard time matching up medium sized things like the castle, large terrains and the tiiiiny little V4 on the beach the way I wanted, so I changed the whole thing to a medium scene (and thank you to evilproducer for the idea on that one in another thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/736699/) and shrunk everything down to make it look further away. The castle and V4 are both at about 30% normal size, so everything in there is actually much smaller than it looks. That's why I started playing around with the haze in the first place - to try and make everything look further away. It's entirely possible I'm being too hard on myself - I do that. :)

BTW Dartanbeck, those are a couple of your Woodlands Environkit trees on top of that cliff - so thank you. I think they look great up there. :)

• TourqeGlareTourqeGlare Posts: 64
    edited December 1969
    conquest_of_skyworld_by_tourqeglare-d8bh5lz.jpg
    1280 x 644 - 141K
    edited December 1969

Cool!

Nice job on the lighting and textures. Also a nice job on getting a sense of action.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 1969

thank you DB, maybe the scene size and AO create such a bug

here is the sunny version

med2c.JPG
    1355 x 640 - 762K
  • Robo2010Robo2010 Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

Here is my latest testing Carrara 8 FM2+ cpu (4 Core). I have moved to Blender. Stopped using Carrara 8. I hope DAZ looks into using Cuda cores, in their future CGI software. If not, they will be far behind. I will go use C8 when I want to make Huge Terrain scenes.

Victoria 4, Koz Hair. Only realistic hair since V1-3. Other hair, is oh gosh, plastic look, bad texturing with the lighting.

Real2.jpg
    730 x 768 - 420K
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Nice one !

Have you tried using MCJ's Teleblender to render Daz dollies in Cycles?

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Nice one !

Have you tried using MCJ's Teleblender to render Daz dollies in Cycles?

Nope, all Carrara. Just one spot light, and panoramic sky used.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Apologies - I meant not this one, but have you tried it at all?

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Apologies - I meant not this one, but have you tried it at all?

No.

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

My new wallpaper.... :roll:

Everything (except the eggs, those are hexagon) is made in Carrara...

Doc1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 693K
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

That that reminds me my poor deposit box at the bank !
    Nice done !

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Varsel said:
    My new wallpaper.... :roll:

Everything (except the eggs, those are hexagon) is made in Carrara...

I get it! It's a nest egg, right? lol (I'm probably wrong but the pun sprang to mind). Excellent render, for some reason it makes me grin.

• pimpypimpy Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

"Greetings from the Mediterranean Sea"
    Happy New Year!

mediterranean_sea.jpg
    1500 x 910 - 1M
  • DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

pimpy said:
    Happy New Year!

OMG! How did you render that!!!? ;-)

• pimpypimpy Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Hi DADA,
    I made it in Carrara 8Pro (with a little post in Photoimpact). Here you can see the settings for scene and rendering. :)

pimpy said:
    Happy New Year!

OMG! How did you render that!!!? ;-)

setting_scene.JPG
    1920 x 1200 - 689K
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Pimpy, honest to God I thought it was a photo and you were saying you were spending the holidays vacationing somewhere on the Mediterranean Sea.

Wow, great work.

This discussion has been closed.