New Blog with Tips and Tricks to Help Get New Members Started!

DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
edited July 2023 in New Users

This is just a little note to point out the NEW BLOG!! that has some great help and tips for getting started in Daz Studio!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and be sure to check us out over in the New User Contest and Events Area for the New User Challenge where there is always something new to learn and experience with new topics covered every month!

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Comments

• How does one add their profile picture?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

One goes to their profile by clicking on ones name,  and then one clicks on the blue gear icon and then on edit profile.   All sorts of things one can do there  
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/edit

• Hi. Been working at this for two weeks and I'm hooked. This must seem to be a silly question but here goes.....

I am working with three models and I am getting tired of remembering which is Manu, which is Dain and which is Genesis 8 male. I'd like to give them names like "Bob" or something, but left clicking on the file name in the scene tab does not give that option. How do I change their names? 

I know, of all the problems I COULD have I should be thankful this is the biggest one right now, but it's annoying. :)

Thanks in advance. 

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040

Hi. Been working at this for two weeks and I'm hooked. This must seem to be a silly question but here goes.....

I am working with three models and I am getting tired of remembering which is Manu, which is Dain and which is Genesis 8 male. I'd like to give them names like "Bob" or something, but left clicking on the file name in the scene tab does not give that option. How do I change their names? 

I know, of all the problems I COULD have I should be thankful this is the biggest one right now, but it's annoying. :)

Thanks in advance. 

Click - pause - click and you can change the entry.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,798
    edited February 2020
    namffuak said:

Click - pause - click and you can change the entry.

yeah the pause is important :D

What I would like to now is, if you change a items name or a Charname, is there a way to find the originalname? sometimes its good to know it so you can look for variations like hairstyle or something.

Also for custom content, you could know where it was saved.

lucky in this case I know its ishimoto.

maybe, I can check the surface and see it there, but at the char, I can't see it :D

fatherinfo.jpg
    350 x 465 - 66K
    fatherinfo2.jpg
    568 x 369 - 144K
    Post edited by Loony on
  • Hi, I am using this product on Daz Studio 4.12 Pro

https://www.daz3d.com/flirty-school-uniform-for-genesis-8-female-s

I am not able to use secondary morphs for shirt/skirt (E.G. open shirt).

What have I to do to use it?

• POSTGRESQL CONNECT for MAC

If you are having any issue connecting PostgreSQL:

The web department has suggested that you uninstall Daz Studio and the PostgreSQL. Then go to Library\Application Support\Daz 3D\CMS and rename or remove the ContentCluster folder and the cmscfg.json file located there.

If you can not see your Application Support folder, please go to Go (found at the top of your Mac) > Go To Folder > Copy and paste exactly what I put in between the parentheses (~/Library) > then go to the Application Support folder.

Once you have done that, reinstall first Daz Studio and then the PostgreSQL CMS (make sure you are not installing as Root Admin). Then open Daz Studio and re-import metadata, with the box checked that userdata overwrites product data.

To do this, right click on the Content Library pane, choose Content DB Maintenance, tick Re-Import Metadata, click Accept. Tick User Data and All Products and click Accept.

SHOUTOUT TO AMY.

• Jimmboh2Jimmboh2 Posts: 0

HELP!!! :) I'm trying to learn to make hair. And right now it looks kinda like tinsel. Not sure how to improve it. I know there are a lot thigs wrong with this render. My Computer is very slow and i get impatient :/

Shawna_MyHair.png.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
  • sabastinasabastina Posts: 27

How can I fix my username for the forums?  It's got a string of numbers after it and it is very annoying.  Couldn't find anywhere or anything that even touches on the subject.
    Thank you.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

How can I fix my username for the forums?  It's got a string of numbers after it and it is very annoying.  Couldn't find anywhere or anything that even touches on the subject.
    Thank you.

Try following this link for how to... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/225896/change-username

• First time posting on this forum. Please help with these 2 issues I have after installed and ran Daz

How do you get back to the original window (default window when you first bring up Daz 3D)? I did something and now I am seeing only 1 big screen (No panels on the left or right to load in the figure or adjust paramameters)

I am seeing a big screen with these following options:

Perspective View option

Display the Draw style option

Perspective view option

and the View Orbit, Pan, Zom, Frame and Reset view 

Tried all of them and can not get back to the original screen

Also how do you dock the Power Pose otion to the right of the panel? The tutorial does not show you how to do it

spent hours on this still can not sort it out

Thanks for the helps. 

Dat N

• Please help me, I already reset several passwords but I can't get into DAZcentral, this message persists !

daz.png
    1710 x 494 - 57K
  • Please help me, I already reset several passwords but I can't get into DAZcentral, this message persists !

You may need to open a support ticket on this https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• I am new to DAZ and have had a coupon for some free stuff (and for the first four days - which have expired i think) but have no idea what I can download or what is best to start with. I added a few things to the cart and coupon code was invalid (recieved it today).  I am not new to 3D modelling but I am clueless where to start here. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,935

I am new to DAZ and have had a coupon for some free stuff (and for the first four days - which have expired i think) but have no idea what I can download or what is best to start with. I added a few things to the cart and coupon code was invalid (recieved it today).  I am not new to 3D modelling but I am clueless where to start here. 

What coupon is that, and what are you trying to purchase? Is there anything else in the cart?

• Leana said:

What coupon is that, and what are you trying to purchase? Is there anything else in the cart?

It was an email from DAZ saying:  'Your Special Gift Just for you, get 5 Free Items. Use coupon code at checkout.' I put Victoria 5, Victoria 8, Underbelly Bundle, Fall wardrobe for Genesis 8 female, casual outfits for genesis 8 male. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,935
    Leana said:

It was an email from DAZ saying:  'Your Special Gift Just for you, get 5 Free Items. Use coupon code at checkout.' I put Victoria 5, Victoria 8, Underbelly Bundle, Fall wardrobe for Genesis 8 female, casual outfits for genesis 8 male. 

Did it say any 5 items or was there a link for a selection of items you could choose from? Or was there maybe a mention that it excludes some types of items, like for example new items?

• Leana said:
    Leana said:

Did it say any 5 items or was there a link for a selection of items you could choose from? Or was there maybe a mention that it excludes some types of items, like for example new items?

Sure thing, that's what I'd expect too - a guide to eligibility. There was nothing in the small printn nor was there when I had the 'one free item per day for four days', so these offers were wasted. The rest of the text reads: Expand your library! Create incredible scenes with free characters, props and environments. Simply follow the link below and select 5 items for free.... The link took me to the front page of the store, not to a particluar folder or anything. 

• I emailed Daz and they kindly sent me a link to the eligible products page! Thank you for responding to my string :)

Leana said:
    Leana said:

• csbond2csbond2 Posts: 46

This may sound like a stupid question but is there a way to run something that you're working on through the renderer more than once I'm still trying to get my renders to come out better and I'm playing around with some of the settings but it just doesn't take very long to render even when I set it to where it supposed to continually go.

• Hi everybody!I have a problem with Das3d.I want to import file from mixamo,but i can't do it.I click button OK,window dissapear,but nothing happen.I dunno what to do.By the way when i open Das3d,one windows appear,maybe it's realted.Please help me.Here is screenshot.
    20200711_160629.jpg
    4000 x 1800 - 3M
  • Richard Haseltine said:

You may need to open a support ticket on this https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

Alas, this page does not exist.

• DamianLloyd said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Alas, this page does not exist.

The correct link is in the help section at the foot of most pages - https://www.daz3d.com/help

• nannerfkmnannerfkm Posts: 19

Hi folks!

I started this Daz journey in June 2020. Learning how to use Daz and the various content has been challenging, but fun. Then there is the artistic side of things; lighting, texture, angle, etc; truly a new world for me.  Fortunately I have good good teachers – you guys. The members who post their renders in the Daz gallary are so very creative and talented. All I can say is WOW. You have stretched my brain in so many directions and I thank you for it.

Regards

• Hi, started using Daz last week, i've been trying to make these two oc from people i know, but having trouble. Any links to the clothes and other stuff?

• Hello everyone,

Several years back, I had to stop dabbling with CGI and only started again recently. DAZ Studio is kind of new to me and I am still trying to make sense of the tutorials. There is one thing that I haven't been able to figure out: While I am able to use old content that DAZ Central conveniently downloaded and imported, I can't get a specific scene to render. Other items and scenes render without issues. The item in question is Winter Kingdom: Castle Ruins (08.2011). I've tried loading it, then just pressed 'render'. The system shows it's doing several passes but the render window remains black. All props are visible as wire mesh etc. I thought it might be the camera position and zoomed out but it was the same result. Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or is the prop broken?

Sabrina

• The immediate issue is that ti has a sky dome that is blocking the external light - 3Delight allows the dome not to cast shadows but in Iray Photoreal everything casts shadows. However, I'm pretty sure that is an older product using a custom 3Delight shader - Daz Studio can't convert custom shaders, so you would end up with no snow even if you hid/removed the skydome.

• Richard Haseltine said:

The immediate issue is that ti has a sky dome that is blocking the external light - 3Delight allows the dome not to cast shadows but in Iray Photoreal everything casts shadows. However, I'm pretty sure that is an older product using a custom 3Delight shader - Daz Studio can't convert custom shaders, so you would end up with no snow even if you hid/removed the skydome.

Thank you, that was absolutely right. Deleted the skydome and it rendered as expected - without textures. So that takes me one step further, thanks again :D

• Hi, I'm new to Daz and would appreciate some help.   I purchased two characters from the shop.... War Goblin and Hobgoblin and when I load them into Studio they are naked as expected.  However the "clothes" that they are wearing in the shop photos do not appear in the wardrobe library.  As these are the first two characters I have bought I am wondering if I have to purchase the clothing seperately... except that I can't find them in the shop.  I hope that somone can help as I like the clothes, such as they are, that are shown in the pics.   Happy New Year everyone,  Paul

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,051

Has the BLOG been abandoned? There have been no new entries for two months.