SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited February 2022

This has nearly everything happening in it. I updated the orcs, added some arrow-littered bones on the ground, and altered the outfits some.

Tavandras-Fight1.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 3M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited February 2022

I recently picked up most of Emma and Jordi's lovely long hair for men and women. I like that they do matching colors for their hair sets so they all can be interchangeable. Here is Eisanore hair with Kavindra bangs. 

SALE-aRT.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 1M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

FYI: Some male characters' eye closed corrective morphs are being dialed in when they shouldn't be. This is messing up the look of closed eyes for other characters. The problematic products that I own are

Gage SKU 60097
    Storm SKU 81576
    Ricardo SKU 70151

I have submitted a help request.

Oh, thanks for telling me. Yes, I recently installed all my content on my new computer, and have been too busy to look at the JCMS  fire, but now you spurred me to check.

I wish the store would install all its character content, load g8m, and then pose him and see which corrective and JCMS are firing and have put in their own tickets. This is an easily detectable and corrected issue. It really is hugely sloppy and easy enough to find. 

I found 5 just in the last 10 minutes.

Unfortunately, 3dUniverse is still doing it with the infant, but I found corrective for Edan, the toddler by 3du, and the Demon HD.

I forgot to include the screenshot for the closed eyes. I did include it in my help request. This is plain old G8M without even eyelashes.

Wrong eye closed morphs.jpg
    1690 x 675 - 140K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Serene Night said:

Oh, thanks for telling me. Yes, I recently installed all my content on my new computer, and have been too busy to look at the JCMS  fire, but now you spurred me to check.

I wish the store would install all its character content, load g8m, and then pose him and see which corrective and JCMS are firing and have put in their own tickets. This is an easily detectable and corrected issue. It really is hugely sloppy and easy enough to find. 

I found 5 just in the last 10 minutes.

Unfortunately, 3dUniverse is still doing it with the infant, but I found corrective for Edan, the toddler by 3du, and the Demon HD.

On 3DU's infant did you ever download the update they did?

carrie58 said:

On 3DU's infant did you ever download the update they did?

Oh yes, I will try redownloading it. Thanks for the reminder. smiley

edited February 2022

So found a great pose for Genesis 8 Male which triggered a ton of JCM's for unrelated characters. If you consider how many characters you buy, and think about  how many jcm's fire when they shouldn't just think that you may not be getting the true look of the character- you're getting soto's chest twist, and Storm's eyelids, and the Toddler Twin's abdomen and various characters open and closed eye correctives. Since these things don't trigger for every pose, you're not going to find it easily unless you find a good expression and pose which can trigger them off.

Characters are bloated enough without correctives triggering when you really don't want them. 

JCM-1.JPG
    1234 x 808 - 131K
    JCM-2.JPG
    1255 x 739 - 122K
    JCM-3.JPG
    1214 x 799 - 123K
    JCM-4.JPG
    1274 x 761 - 128K
    JCM-5.JPG
    1284 x 835 - 137K

Please submit a help request. You found a bunch that are not included in my help request.

I think there are quite possibly too many characters with bad morphs to file tickets on. I may do it at some point, but I'm counting at least 25.

Serene Night said:

I think there are quite possibly too many characters with bad morphs to file tickets on. I may do it at some point, but I'm counting at least 25.

I only wrote one ticket and listed all three products in that ticket. We'll see if they ever do anything about it. 

I was encountering weird distortion with the knees which caused a strange gap behind the kneecap.
    I'm guessing it has been that way for awhile.

I removed the character's morphs causing the issue since I don't use him, but I guess what I probably should do is uninstall most of the characters and add them in one by one. or create a new runtime for testing.  It seems a shame that people do not test these products before selling them. I'll probably remove the morphs of unused figures leaving the skin and textures like I do every so often.

edited February 2022

Boyd Close-up under a net with gobos. The necklace is the freebie Holo Torc https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/88242/holo-torc-and-visor-for-daz-studio-iray-g8f-g8m.

He already has a similar temple implant that came with Cyber M4, so I did not use the one in the set, although it is quite similar in look.

Boyd-1r.jpg
    2000 x 1400 - 2M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Serene Night said:

So found a great pose for Genesis 8 Male which triggered a ton of JCM's for unrelated characters. If you consider how many characters you buy, and think about  how many jcm's fire when they shouldn't just think that you may not be getting the true look of the character- you're getting soto's chest twist, and Storm's eyelids, and the Toddler Twin's abdomen and various characters open and closed eye correctives. Since these things don't trigger for every pose, you're not going to find it easily unless you find a good expression and pose which can trigger them off.

Characters are bloated enough without correctives triggering when you really don't want them. 

It seems to me that each unique character should have all their morphs, JCMs, MCMs, and whatever in their own unique one character only definition set within the DAZ files so that this problem of other characters' traits being activated doesn't happen. The exception being that there is an on-off switch for each character so that you can turn multiple sets of those things for characters on at one time. It's a bit more fiddly for the customer that way but it's the only way that DAZ Studio can be told, "use these sets of morphs, JCMs, and what not exactly and not these others because the character switch is explicitly turned off". That would cause some problems with forgetful turning those on-off switches on & off but these problems could be handled then.  

I agree. I would prefer to voluntarily enable morphs, but this idea that I now have 20-30 corrective on each of my characters, regardless as to whether I dial them in, is certainly presumptive and irritating. It takes forever to pose figures already with all the extra morphs, but I don't need those corrections, especially when they clearly cause issues with the existing poses and morphs I WANT to use.

Now that I've uninstalled the offending products causing deformities and slow load times, all my saved files will continue to ask for the missing figures. That seems a bit much to me. Not only are these poorly created products causing problems for me when I use them, but their absence has created problems in files when they were never used in the first place.

edited February 2022

This is the knight series 3 outfit. I think I like this one nearly the best of the 4  since there is less distortion. The ground comes from EArkham's ZWorld Winter Gas Station which if you remove the gas station, is a nice slick surface with winter plants. 

There is a distinct lack of battlefield kind of medieval areas, so the gas station will have to do. 

This is the only dForce hair I actually like. It is from Rendo Lucie Hair.

combat-1.jpg
    2000 x 1400 - 2M

Serene Night said:

This is the knight series 3 outfit. I think I like this one nearly the best of the 4  since there is less distortion. The ground comes from EArkham's ZWorld Winter Gas Station which if you remove the gas station, is a nice slick surface with winter plants. 

There is a distinct lack of battlefield kind of medieval areas, so the gas station will have to do. 

The nice work on that dForce hair jumped out at me in this one. Nice image overall, too.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Serene Night said:

Oh, I like that render.

I bought that gas station too as I like the quality of it. I collect DAZ gas stations like some people collect DAZ character bundles. I've not yet bought the interactive license to it yet with I intend to do. There is only one or two gas stations left for me to buy. I do need to retexture that though for my use case.

Thanks! yes, I do like dForce hair when I can get it to work which is not often.

I too admit, to having a large collection of gas stations. I am not entirely sure why! smiley

edited February 2022

The New Zeddicus Twin pose sets include some male twin poses. So I decided to revisit the fact that Boyd has some unique abilities. 

Boyds133rwv3g.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • NICE. laugh

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Wow Boyd can hangout with himself!!

carrie58 said:

Wow Boyd can hangout with himself!!

Twice the brains? Twice the fun? 

edited March 2022

My feeling, is there aren't nearly enough Sexy MALE aliens in the gene pool. There are, however, a ton of really cool, scary, creepy ones, but as usual, the female ones are sexy, and the male ones sort of look like monsters.

That being said, I should say that I'm rather fond of sexy dude aliens. So I decided to comb through my runtime for options. 

My best bet is to use female skins on the guys, and fortunately, there are a ton of sexy female aliens. 

These are two of the alien skins included with Pandoriah

Finally, yes, most of my aliens will likely be human or elfy- adjacent. This is largely because this is what I find attractive and fits with the story theme. 

One thing I've noted about this skin, is that the interior of the mouth is the same tint as the exterior. This gives the impression the character has no teeth, so I will likely change that at some point.

Aliens4d43425647.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 1M
    Aliens4d434256477.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 842K
    edited March 2022

Here is E1 Lyisse skin on the same G8.1 Male. I quite like the look of this one. There are some interesting ridges.

I like the classic alien forehead shapes which came with the maps. 

Aliens4d434256.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 1M
    Aliens4d4342564.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 1M
    edited March 2022

More Aliens.

I picked up the ElektriZ by Dzheng outfit, for all the fun straps. This worked well for colorful alien clothing. I am really looking for an alien fruit. I have tons of regular fruits, but there is a lack of strange ones. Yeah, I know I can recolor them. Let me know if you have suggestions.

colors-1.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

Serene Night said:

My feeling, is there aren't nearly enough Sexy MALE aliens in the gene pool. There are, however, a ton of really cool, scary, creepy ones, but as usual, the female ones are sexy, and the male ones sort of look like monsters.

My perspective on that is that males are ALLOWED to be monstrous/nonhuman , whereas female creatures are expected to still be recognizable as a sexy woman. I'm in the opposite boat: I wish there were more female creatures that were actually monstrous, or at least more non-human. I am artificially limiting my selection somewhat because I don't buy RawArt products, but Oso has said that he has no plans to make a female cyclops, for example, and apparently female monsters just don't sell well, for probably the same (or at least a complementary) reason that you don't see more sexy male monsters/aliens.

I think Planet Edesa has props you can use as alien fruit. It is Daz+. You might already have it.

@barbult I will have to take a look at that set. I don't recall the fruit. Thanks

@gordig yes that trope is very common. It is either called "pretty monster girl" or "sexy dimorphism" where the female monsters of a species are pretty, and the males are decidely not.

It isn't exactly fruit, but it looks to me like it could be alien fruit, not having ever actually seen alien fruit LOL.