DAZ Studio Pro 4.7.0.12, General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    jakiblue said:
    XiMiX said:
    jakiblue said:
    I can't work this out. How do I get the "truly transparent background"??

I am also having this problem.

i finally got it. LOL.

it doesnt seem to show the checkered pattern background in teh viewport - but if you RENDER, the pattern is there.

Confused me. I thought somethign was wrong because it was supposed to show in view.

Okay, according to this, it is only supposed to do that when there isn't a background color. I have a green background color and I am getting the checkerboard. It's still rendering so I can't check, but is the background color something I have to set in the Environment Pane? I don't know how this was set. I think it carried over from the other version.

So I save as a png if I want the transparency?

"9) Truly Transparent Backgrounds - When no backdrop or background color is used (optional in the Environment Pane) transparency is shown as a checkerboard pattern, similar to other graphics applications. "

If you want a transparent background in the render, just make sure in the Environment Pane, that backdrop is set to none. Then save the render as either png or tiff. Of course there will be a background color in the viewport (whatever you have set in the Windows>Style>Customize colors Viewport color setting), but that won't show in the actual render. No backdrop in the Environment pane, and save the render as png or tiff, and the png or tiff will have a transparent background. (How that's displayed depends on the graphic program you load it into - in the GIMP and Photoshop and the DS render window it's the checkerboard pattern, but in Irfanview it's black).

• RiceLoverRiceLover Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Ouch! My Install Manager had a lot of things on it to install, one of which said "Daz Studio 4.7". Now when I open Daz it looks like the attached picture, and the Window ... Style ... Customize Colors option does not work. No window for customizing colors opens at all. I can't find any other menu or setting that specifies the ui colors. Any ideas on how to get my ui back to normal?

Follow-Up

And apparently I can't render anything. When I try, Daz crashes.

That looks like DAZ Studio was still running in the background when you updated it. Make sure DS is closed and the process is no longer running in Task Manager, than uninstall and reinstall.

That did the trick. Thanks!

• RiceLoverRiceLover Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    Ouch! My Install Manager had a lot of things on it to install, one of which said "Daz Studio 4.7". Now when I open Daz it looks like the attached picture, and the Window ... Style ... Customize Colors option does not work. No window for customizing colors opens at all. I can't find any other menu or setting that specifies the ui colors. Any ideas on how to get my ui back to normal?

Follow-Up

And apparently I can't render anything. When I try, Daz crashes.

This is a classic example of what happens when you have Studio open when you install an update (I did it with this release as well :-) )

1) Shut down Studio
    2) Un-install Studio (and plugins) with DIM
    3) Re-install

Should fix things.

Yup, that worked. Thanks!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:

If you want a transparent background in the render, just make sure in the Environment Pane, that backdrop is set to none. Then save the render as either png or tiff. Of course there will be a background color in the viewport (whatever you have set in the Windows>Style>Customize colors Viewport color setting)...

Thank you DavidGB :)

• quantum-2653005quantum-2653005 Posts: 51
    edited December 2014

DavidGB said:
    quantum said:
    I don't know if has been aasked before, but for install DAZ 4.7- 64 version, on a new PC, i must enter the serial number of DAZ 4.6. Or serial isn't necessary for now.

Yes, it uses the same serial, with no serial it reverts to Standard rather than Pro.

Then why doesn't it accept the s/n issued on my account serial numbers page?

What exactly does it say the serial number is for (I have 6 assorted DAZ Studio serial numbers on my account page)? And are you quite sure you didn't copy any trailing spaces in when entering it?

My Account page::My Serial Numbers page::DAZ Software Serial Numbers
    DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro [a lot of spaces] [serial number]

According to other posts in here the 4.6 Pro s/n is valid for the 4.7 Pro release. The checkmark turns yellow once it's entered, DS starts and shows "4.7 Standard". All subsequent launches of DS do the same thing, ask for s/n, turns yellow, starts DS in standard mode.

I've also used the Register DS off the main menu while DS is running; enter s/n, yellow check mark, remains as standard.

I do not have any other versions of DS on my system. This is a relatively new machine so there are no residuals of previous DS installs.

I have ran a registry scanner for all occurrences of DAZ and although there are many keys none seem to refer to a serial number. Thought maybe I could just create a new reg key and put the s/n there.

Post edited by quantum-2653005 on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

You should have the letters "PRO" in the first block of the serial number for Studio. If you don't have a serial number like that you will need to contact customer service.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    You should have the letters "PRO" in the first block of the serial number for Studio. If you don't have a serial number like that you will need to contact customer service.

The serial for the free pro version starts SDZFPRO-040

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

quantum said:
    DavidGB said:
    quantum said:
    I don't know if has been aasked before, but for install DAZ 4.7- 64 version, on a new PC, i must enter the serial number of DAZ 4.6. Or serial isn't necessary for now.

Yes, it uses the same serial, with no serial it reverts to Standard rather than Pro.

Then why doesn't it accept the s/n issued on my account serial numbers page?

What exactly does it say the serial number is for (I have 6 assorted DAZ Studio serial numbers on my account page)? And are you quite sure you didn't copy any trailing spaces in when entering it?

My Account page::My Serial Numbers page::DAZ Software Serial Numbers
    DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro [a lot of spaces] [serial number]

According to other posts in here the 4.6 Pro s/n is valid for the 4.7 Pro release. The checkmark turns yellow once it's entered, DS starts and shows "4.7 Standard". All subsequent launches of DS do the same thing, ask for s/n, turns yellow, starts DS in standard mode.

I've also used the Register DS off the main menu while DS is running; enter s/n, yellow check mark, remains as standard.

I do not have any other versions of DS on my system. This is a relatively new machine so there are no residuals of previous DS installs.

I have ran a registry scanner for all occurrences of DAZ and although there are many keys none seem to refer to a serial number. Thought maybe I could just create a new reg key and put the s/n there. Please file a support ticket. They will get you up and running.

• beregarberegar Posts: 245
    edited December 1969

You can still have a background, whether a solid color, an image of your choice, or transparent (which would allow you to merge your rendered image with another image in a photo editor if you wanted to.) These options have simply moved to a new pane, the Environment pane. (Windows > Panes > Environment, then change the dropdown to Backdrop .

Well that's great, thanks for the heads up.. Why in the world would this be considered necessary?

Just like why would it be considered a good idea to remove the ability to change the status of multiple selected items at once?

There are a pair of settings in the Parameters pane options, "Consolidate Properties" and "Display Separate Items" -- if they're both checked, uncheck "Display Separate Items", then you can change parameters for multiple selected items at once.

Yesss! Thank you. This was driving me nuts. It was the primary reason why I wasn't using 4.7.

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

Do you have anything in the Content Library under Categories, even empty folders?

Right. I've installed Postthingy, turned it on. See empty category folders, still no presets in render setting pane. I now have a sore forehead and the table is bruised.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata

And there are the render throttle presets. Thank you for your help. I will always wonder where the presets that were in 4.6 went...

• MJWMJW Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

I am unable to find the background colour (color) option in the viewport options pane since 4.7. Is it elsewhere now, please? If not, how does one change the background please?
    Thanks
    Malcolm

Viewport_Pane.png
    151 x 148 - 10K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Viewport
    Windows>Style>Customize colors Viewport color setting

Or background/backdrop for rendering
    Window>Panes (Tabs)>Environment pane

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247
    edited December 1969

Is there any way of getting back the way that earlier versions of the program would let you run panes in columns along the sides of the viewport? I know that it probably won't work on the right side, since the new Aux Viewport wants space. But I need more than 2 panes open at a time, and unless they are docked, clicking on anything hides them behind the application window.

We used to be able to build two lines of tabs at each side.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Unless I'm missing something, you can simply drag a pane to the side to dock it there. I appears possible to dock upper and lower panes on the same site too, although I've never tried.

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Is there any way of getting back the way that earlier versions of the program would let you run panes in columns along the sides of the viewport? I know that it probably won't work on the right side, since the new Aux Viewport wants space. But I need more than 2 panes open at a time, and unless they are docked, clicking on anything hides them behind the application window.

Yes, you can still do that. You can have the Aux Viewport floating, or docked on either side, or docked in the center.

edited December 1969

No. It doesn't seem to work that way. Either it becomes a new tab in the *same* tab group, or it stacks into a new window on the top of the group, splitting the group top and bottom. I want it split into 2 long columns. I can't seem to get it to produce a second row of tabs. Pulling any tab to the edge undocks it. Pulling any floating pane to the edge puts it into the same group. I want it in a *new* group running parallel to the old group.

I don't care if the viewport window is narrower. I generally use portrait orientation anyway.

edited December 1969

I'm not sure if I'm understanding -- do you want to have 2 columns of panes on one side? Or a stacked set of panes on the right side, with the Aux Viewport on top and a set of panes below it?

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited December 2014

JOdel said:

Something similar to this? I usually keep the aux viewport floating and keep it in the center of the screen. When I need to rotate the view, I simply minimize the right panel so the viewport pane expand to the left (and the docked view controls can be used more easily). You can minimize or restore the panels by clicking on the tab names. If you need to quickly switch tabs within a group, just scroll on the mouse wheel with the cursor on the tab's name..

ds.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 348K
    Post edited by wowie on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:

That hasn't changed, it still works the same way. It works on both sides, and can still be done top and bottom.
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 2014

ebauer01 said:

ebauer01 - 02 December 2014 11:41 AM

It wasn’t in a hierarchy, but I’ll have others that are… The sample I used didn’t tell me where to put it, just that they were poses and there were eight directories (each at the same level) of those poses.

I tried refresh, and it didn’t seem to work…

-Eileen
    {/quote}
    OK that just won’t work. It is not an issue with DAZ Studio, but one with how the Content was packaged. The possibilities are endless, and I can guess all day and still not get it right. LOL.

What is the name of the product and where does it come from, so I can try to get it and see what you are looking at. smile

I believe it came from ShareCG, the product name is 'Self Control Mega Pack'. I think it was made for Poser, but since I don't have that and it has poses for V4 and M4,,,

-Eileen

If it's a Poser item and you want it to show up under categories you will need to find the folder in the Poser directory and then right click and select create a category from. This will load a dialogue box and you can choose where you want the folder to appear.

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited December 1969

No. It *doesn't* work the same. I cannot seem to get the layout that I had back.

What I had before (since 4.0, certainly through 4.5 and 4.6) was my content libraries in their own pane on the far left of the application window. The pane itself was stacked with columns at the top, that showed the list view in the top window -- which was in columns. Poser/DAZ Content>content/runtime>runtime structure or list of items in the content folder, and below that window was the window of thumbnails displaying what was inside the folder selected in the top window.

*Next* to that, *between* the Content Libraries pane and the viewport window was *another docked pane*. This was my scene list with all the scene files displayed where I could get at them. I cannot seem to get this docked pane back. It keeps being absorbed into the far left pane, and *I don't want it there* it needs to be ope at the same time as that pane and it needs to stay in the foreground, not be hidden by the main application window whenever I click on something somewhere else. And NO I do NOT want to have to be shifting between the content libraries pane and the scene list pane. The content libraries pane looses things if it isn't kept open in the foreground.

More recently, I'd been running that pane as a pane group with my tool settings in a window at the bottom.

On the far right of the application window was a pane group containing the usual Parameters, Shaping, Surfaces, and Lights panes. There may have been something else in there by default but I never used it so I don't remember what it was.

*Next* to that pane group, *between* the pane group and the viewport window was *another* docked pane for GenX. This one was usually kept closed, but I could get at it when I needed it.

I haven't been able to find any way of getting my second row/layer/rank of open panes back. The program allowed for this up until the current version. It must have been there because people were using it. I can't see any reason why the developers should have suddenly decided they needn't any more.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

With the pane you want to dock floating, grab the window's title bar (not the tab) and drag that - an orange (I think) line will highlight when it is over the division, drop it there and it should dock as you want.

edited December 1969

Got it. Finally!

Thank you. It was much less fussy about that in older versions, but at least it still works!

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029
    edited December 2014

Anyone experiencing more instability with 4.7 than prior versions? I'm having an inconvenient number of spontaneous errors/closures of DAZ. I would not expect this on a machine with 8 GB of memory. The scene I'm working on is admittedly "heavy", but will turning items off (NOT deleting them) assist with that? When the issue occurs, it seems to be while I'm translating, posing... basically manipulating items.

Post edited by RenderPretender on
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I don't know if this has been covered or not but.

1) Where is the option to select a background image?
    2) How do you render a JPG so the background colour is the viewport colour instead of just black?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

all in the new Environment Pane ghastlycomic

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I don't know if this has been covered or not but.

1) Where is the option to select a background image?
    2) How do you render a JPG so the background colour is the viewport colour instead of just black?

FAQ http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17/P30/#718267

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

How is the IK/FK working in dazstudio 4.7?
    or still no changes in this section...?