SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,742

Serene Night said:

I used Comic Life and photoshop

Ah! I just bought Comic Life today laugh

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

I love that product. Well worth it. The only thing I could wish it had were a few of the emoji type manga reactions, but i have found another source.

edited January 2022

More elves. Yes indeed. =-)

MyTheramin.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Serene Night said:

On the subject of men's releases, the Orc Warrior for Genesis 8 Male is quite nice and I really like it.

Don't let the name fool you, it isn't just for Orcs, it works nicely for elves and other humanoids as well. 

Here I put the standard outfit on TAV. The set includes weapons, a hand pose (which I did not use here), and two colors one is dark brown the other Black. 

I hope to see a texture expansion. Excellent work.

Thanks for the compliment :) My first clothing textures in years 

I love it! Great job on that! =-) 

edited February 2022

The Tactical Assault Rifle & Add-ons for Tactical Assault Outfit is a very nice piece of work. It includes poses, muzzle flash, and laser targeting sight, shells, and smoke. The textures are colored to match the rest of the suit. Poses are included.

Boyd-Assault-Rifle4rfsdeyt.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 1M
    edited February 2022

Boyd just looking cute, with a different rifle.

Boyd-25abwsg.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 952K
    edited February 2022

My interest in elves continues. Here is Noor with Orson hair, and the braids from Cleo's hair. You have to hide all the other surfaces of Cleo hair but the braids and their metal ties look cool I think.

As usual, the ladies get t he more interesting hair stuff for longer hair, so kitbashing is essential

Cleo-Hair2w.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 1M
    edited February 2022

I found some old Emma and Jordi ear products for elves in my runtime. It was for V4 and genesis I think, but I liked the fact the ear cuffs fit an elven ear shape. I am not sure what the product is called, I found it in my poser runtime. But I like it. They made nice products. Too bad they've left the store. 

Noor-New.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 1M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Serene Night said:

The Tactical Assault Rifle & Add-ons for Tactical Assault Outfit is a very nice piece of work. It includes poses, muzzle flash, and laser targeting sight, shells, and smoke. The textures are colored to match the rest of the suit. Poses are included.

That's a mean looking machine. Uh, Boyd, too!

Yeah, like the rifle. It also has a sling with it, which is segmented. You can barely see it over his right shoulder.

• Emma & Jordi sell over on Gumroad now. I don't know if I can link to it though. Just google emmandjordi + gumroad and you'll find their shop.

Oh thanks! I'll check it out!

edited February 2022

The High Elf outfit for G8M is pretty cool, and even I had no issue dforcing it. There is actually an under tunic to go with this, but, since he is a cleric of Eilistraee that might be a bit overdressed. winkPlus for some reason, the shoulder pieces create a weird shoulder pad look that looks a bit odd. So I left the tunic off. 

The outfit itself is Elrond-ish looking, and the circlet most especially, so. I don't mind too much, since I love LOTR.

Noor-1.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 1M
    edited February 2022

I did another shot with Boyd this time, using the Atlas Armored Suit. I think I like this a bit better, since the bulk is not concentrated with shoulder pieces with bare arms.  He probably should have goggles, to prevent a shell from going into his eye, but, I couldn't find ones I liked. 

dirtyfighting.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M
    edited February 2022

This is one of today's releases XF Comfort Boxers. They look great. heart A number of nice fit morphs are included. I recommend.

New-shorts.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,238

As I often render elves, I went back briefly to a Genesis 3 male character, FW Galen (one of my favorites) and the nifty Eagle Guard armor by Arki.  I will have to see how well it fits to Genesis 8 but I love its shape and endless mat options... Anyway, here is my Sunset Elf:

Oh that looks awesome. heart Let me know how eagle guard fits genesis 8

edited February 2022

I wanted to try to make a baby elf, similar to the adults. This was quite difficult. There is simply no medieval garb for them to wear, and Tobyn always did look a bit soul-stealing. But this is my best shot. 

Is this yours?

yours.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Serene Night said:

I wanted to try to make a baby elf, similar to the adults. This was quite difficult. There is simply no medieval garb for them to wear, and Tobyn always did look a bit soul-stealing. But this is my best shot. 

Is this yours?

It looks pretty good, but I think the baby's ears should be smaller. They look almost the same size as adult Boyd's ears. Of course, I am not familiar with elf anatomy so...

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

Maybe their ears are like human eyes, and they're nearly adult-sized when they're born and only grow a little as they age. Also, that baby might just have unusually long ears (or Boyd unusually short). 

Hah hah.smiley I like the idea that the ears are sort of adult-sized and must be grown into. That's cute. I shall keep that. 

I admit, the babies in general look  sort of look alien, and I tried to make it look more elfin, and the only way it looked even remotely elven was the ears. For some reason, the elfin look didn't do much for the little kids. 

I do think an elfin child would be super cute pa item though. 

edited February 2022

So I have a rather incomplete render but I think the eagle armor looks great on genesis 8

incomplete_eagle_armor.jpeg
    1621 x 1257 - 1M
    Post edited by nemesis10 on

Wow that turned out very nicely! Love your Genesis 8 Elf!heart

That is SR3's Keodin (https://www.daz3d.com/keodin-for-genesis-8-males).  i should mention that the armor has loads of iray and 3dl mats, and pretty much every part can be hidden (hiding mats are included) if your guy elves want something a bit more revealing: https://www.daz3d.com/eagle-guard-armor-for-genesis-3-female-s-and-genesis-3-male-s and https://www.daz3d.com/eagle-guard-torso-armor-and-kilt-for-genesis-3-female-s-and-male-s

Awesome! Thanks. Please feel free to share more elf art.It all looks great. =-)heartyesheart

edited February 2022

This is a new dForce hair, Lucie Hair for G8F I have put on Tavandras.

It works well and has autofit for G8M. It makes a nice straight-long elven hair. There are plenty of adjustments.

The outfit is https://www.daz3d.com/the-knight-series-01-for-genesis-8-males recolored with metal shaders. The chain mail was too large on the bodysuit so I suggest increasing the tiling so it looks a little less distorted. 

Tavandras-Long-Haird.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 1M
    edited February 2022

I thought I would mention Elf creator at Renderosity since I use it so often; It isn't the newest product but It adds lots of ace shapes, body shapes, noses, and ears:

ElfCreator.jpeg
    1626 x 1261 - 675K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on

That turned out nice. He's very sexy!

edited February 2022

Hmm. Finally got to use the orcs for something. Sadly, they don't get to wear much  clothing. They look sort of bad in what I have in my runtime. I kitbashed a cloak from a super suit and some viking gear or Tavandras's armor sort of blends in with the ice.

TAVEXILED.jpg
    2400 x 1400 - 2M