Remember Apollo Maximus?

tdctdc Posts: 129
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I know, its old... but I wonder if anyone has the core files. I realize that you could download it for free back in the day but I think the files are gone since it doesn't download any more.

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/3D/Poser_Daz_Studio/Downloads/Free/Apollo_Maximus/ApolloFAQFreePoserDownloadsDaz3DFigure.htm

But if anyone has it, I would love it if you could send it my way.

Thom

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The downloads are still there, and the EULA does not permit redistributing, so that is the only place to get them.

• tdctdc Posts: 129
    edited December 1969

I cant download them... wont work

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 1969

I tried downloading one and it didn't work in both FireFox and Chrome. This happened a year or two ago, and was a problem with the hosting company. Drop Anton a note ; his email can be found on the About tab of his homepage. ...

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/

He's also on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/anton.kisiel.7

edited December 1969

I tried the email and it was no longer good, but THANKS for the facebook lead! I feel like a detective....

edited December 1969

Here's a render of Apollo I did in Poser Pro 2012...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/175/P120/#241147

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 2014

Yea, the downloads are borked. You do get redirected to divshare like you're supposed to, and you end up waiting 15 seconds, but instead of getting the download, you get stuck in a reload loop back to the divshare download button.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Yep, this same thing happened about two years back...

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Guess I better back up my Apollo stuff to multiple locations seeing as I've got paid stuff for him too.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Guess I better back up my Apollo stuff to multiple locations seeing as I've got paid stuff for him too.

Could you ... um... send me your apollo base figure? Saying no will not offend me or put me off. Doesn't hurt to ask...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2014

That is not permissable under the EULA. The only person who can send you the figure is Anton, who created it.

see Mike's first answer to your original request

The downloads are still there, and the EULA does not permit redistributing, so that is the only place to get them.
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2014

chohole said:
    That is not permissable under the EULA. The only person who can send you the figure is Anton, who created it.

Yes, I did read the original post about EULA. BUT, I paid for him back in 2005 when it wasn't free and as long as you purchase software online I should have the means and right to re-download it if lost for any reason. Back then, I purchased it from renderocity.com and their records are gone now due to Apollo being free. I question EULA on free no longer supported or developed software. If Anton himself has abandoned his figure leaving people who spent money on all sorts of ad ons seem at best, a bit mean spirited.

I have everything else except the core file. So, since Anton has no updated email contact, his facebook page is not responding where does that leave someone like me who paid for this figure?

Post edited by tdc on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Yes, I did read the original post about EULA. BUT, I paid for him back in 2005 when it wasn't free and as long as you purchase software online I should have the means and right to re-download it if lost for any reason. Back then, I purchased it from renderocity.com and their records are gone now due to Apollo being free. I question EULA on free no longer supported or developed software. If Anton himself has abandoned his figure leaving people who spent money on all sorts of ad ons seem at best, a bit mean spirited.

I have everything else except the core file. So, since Anton has no updated email contact, his facebook page is not responding where does that leave someone like me who paid for this figure?

Unfortunately you are wrong - having bought from one place doesn't mean the EULA from another is suspended. The only option is to try contacting Anton, as has already been suggested

edited December 2014

I'm surprised that you can't get him from R'osity. Did you check your order history? I can download everything I've ever bought, even discontinued stuff, but I joined in 2008.

Sadly, lots of stuff has been abandoned; it just happens. Look at 3D Commune or Poser Pros for example ...well, I suppose one can't, since they are gone!

However, I think it's just a glitch with the file hosting service, as his site is still up. As far as him not responding, Facebook Messages from non-friends go into the Other folder, which I myself don't check often. You could send him an actual physical note at work, care of:

Jonathan Douglas Salon and Relaxation Studio
    253 U.S. 1
    Scarborough, ME 04074

Post edited by WandW on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,742
    edited December 1969

Renderocity is, or was rather, a different thing from Renderosity.

edited December 1969

Oh forgive me. Sorry I offended you with a spelling error. I will bow out gracefully with full acknowledgement that you are much more superior than I.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Oh forgive me. Sorry I offended you with a spelling error. I will bow out gracefully with full acknowledgement that you are much more superior than I.

Richard was pointing out to WandW that you purchased Apollo Maximus from the defunct site Renderocity, not from Renderosity.

edited December 1969

Be nice to Richard, Thom, as he's quite knowledgeable. There actually was a 'renderocity.com' back in the olden days, run by Catharina Przezak, who now runs mec4d.com.....

edited December 2014

You're right and I a very sorry. I think my frustration of spending 3 years on something and losing it all in an instant made me a little crazy. I had spent years working with the apollo character to use as a model to create a graphic novel. But, lost nearly everything on my computer after an earthquake.

I'm an artist and designer but, I need to have a figure model to keep consistency. I'm horrible at that. Well, I guess I need to find another figure that I can sculpt to look at least somewhat like the character I once had with the apollo figure.

Again, I'm very sorry everyone... really.. I had no excuse to be so defensive other than my feeling of loss - which is no excuse, I know.

So, I apologize fixmypcmike, chohole and Richard Haseltine

Post edited by tdc on
    edited December 1969

Actually, Apollo was apparently originally sold at RDNA, so he might be available in your order history there. If you got him at CP they sadly discontinued their older downloads years ago when they redid their site...

http://posercontent.wikifoundry.com/page/Apollo+Maximus

I put in a support ticket at DIVShare on those files, and I may have someone who can contact Anton directly...

• McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Good Morning everyone, and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!

Now, why isn't DSON for Poser able to read .DUF files?

TIA!

McG.

edited December 1969

You're right and I a very sorry. I think my frustration of spending 3 years on something and losing it all in an instant made me a little crazy. I had spent years working with the apollo character to use as a model to create a graphic novel. But, lost nearly everything on my computer after an earthquake.

I'm an artist and designer but, I need to have a figure model to keep consistency. I'm horrible at that. Well, I guess I need to find another figure that I can sculpt to look at least somewhat like the character I once had with the apollo figure.

Again, I'm very sorry everyone... really.. I had no excuse to be so defensive other than my feeling of loss - which is no excuse, I know.

So, I apologize fixmypcmike, chohole and Richard Haseltine

Ouch. I know that feeling of helplessness when you lose years of work and with seeing that, seeing what ya did NOT backup to permanent storage like optical disks. I literally lost a 668 GIG Runtime due to a 'soft spot' in a disk sector containing the TOC for the upper half of everything that was on a 1 TB hd. At first I thought it was a particular function of DS 4.7, but it also did the disappearing act with both Poser and DS not running at all. I was using Windows Explorer to sort files and folders I had just been installing. POOF! The WHOLE Runtime this time. Get to an online store, order a new WD 1TB HD ($53.00!) and start over re-re-reinstalling all my content. But I had not backed up all the .CR2 files I'd saved out. All the Figures, dressed, posed, character sets loaded, ready to render. Centaurs included. Gone. Poof. Yeah I feel yer pain friend! But not all is lost. I DO keep archival backups of all my content as downloaded in a couple different places. But still, it will take me a LONG time to get all this stuff installed again. Also, this time, I am using many smaller runtimes. Not one huge one. These should be small enough to back up right to BluRay 25 gig disks. That is installed runtimes, not uninstalled archived content! Yaaay! (happy dance!)
    McG.

edited December 1969

McGrandpa said:

TIA!

McG.

It can, via this free script...

http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

Merry Christmas to you too, McG... :)

edited December 1969

WandW said:
    McGrandpa said:

TIA!

McG.

It can, via this free script...

http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

Merry Christmas to you too, McG... :)

So how does this work? Am I supposed to see more results in the library per DSON, or do I run this script separately?
    McG.

edited December 2014

You run the script and browse to the file you want to load.

It's inteded for items that don't have Poser Companion Files included. Products with Poser Companion Files installed will be visible and load from the Poser Library. However, the Poser Companion file is essentially a Python script that starts the DSON importer and points to the file to load, so I suppose it might be possible to add that function to the Poser Library down the road. It is currently supported in Shaderworks Library Manager, availible at RDNA...

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    You run the script and browse to the file you want to load.

It's inteded for items that don't have Poser Companion Files included. Products with Poser Companion Files installed will be visible and load from the Poser Library. However, the Poser Companion file is essentially a Python script that starts the DSON importer and points to the file to load, so I suppose it might be possible to add that function to the Poser Library down the road. It is currently supported in Shaderworks Library Manager, availible at RDNA...

Kerya told me essentially the same, come to think of it. Some things work ok, some partially, some not at all. DSON and this D3D python are both WIPS I guess. So I am glad to have any functionality.

Uh, I also apologize for hijacking this thread!

McG.