Baku and Gen81M issue

I picked up Baku a couple days ago, but had need to check something out with the G8.1M today and...

I saw a thread on a similar issues with morphs, but didn't save it.  

Would someone kindly tell me how to fix this.  And/or nudge Q.C. to wake up.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,119

Find the Baku character morph (not the head and body morphs), dial it down to 0. Click the cog next to that character morph and go into parameter settings, and set the default value to 0. File -> Save As -> Support Asset -> Save Modified Assets. Victory.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

I'll give that a go in the morning.

Even so, that shouldn't a be happenin', now should it?

• Doc Acme said:

I'll give that a go in the morning.

Even so, that shouldn't a be happenin', now should it?

It should not. That sort of things should have been caught by DAZ QA/QC'ing the product before release. Seems to have slipped trough. 

Nice try, but nope.

This is just too fiddly for me to deal with.  I'll just wait until Daz gets their feces accumulated & fixes it.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited January 2022

Doc Acme said:

Nice try, but nope.

This is just too fiddly for me to deal with.  I'll just wait until Daz gets their feces accumulated & fixes it.

As someone in the other thread pointed out, you might also be able to manually edit the file. 

This is a thing that studio up and randomly does sometimes when you're saving a character. 

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • Send in a ticket, I'm sure someone else already has but just to be safe I'd send one in. This happened with I believe the Xia Mei character, whenever I'd load any 8.1 character it loaded with her blended in at 100%. I sent in a ticket about it, they said knew about the issue, and in a week or so there was an update in my DIM and it was fixed and she didn't load in with other 8.1 characters. 

It's not a show stopper.  I checked the male 8.1 as well as the 8.0 figure bases and no issues.  I can dial Baku morphs out, it just doesn't stay.  I should check my other 8.1 characters I suppose.

No, the thread I was thinking of, perhpas it was a J. Verluis vid, that showed WHERE these add'l morphs got stored, & it's just a matter of deleting that sub folder.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Doc Acme said:

It's not a show stopper.  I checked the male 8.1 as well as the 8.0 figure bases and no issues.  I can dial Baku morphs out, it just doesn't stay.  I should check my other 8.1 characters I suppose.

No, the thread I was thinking of, perhpas it was a J. Verluis vid, that showed WHERE these add'l morphs got stored, & it's just a matter of deleting that sub folder.

You could try to edit the .dsf file in which the morph data is stored. Doesn't really take a genius to do it - I mean, even I could manage it wink

I don't Baku, but I guesstimate the file would be found somewhere like (HD drive name):\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Spows\Baku\Baku.dsf

Open it with a text editor* (something like Notepad ++ would be helpful, which manages some of the weirder text file formats around...) and look for a paragraph called "channel" which contains entries called "value", "min" and "max" (among others). "value" and "min" are supposed to be "0". If they aren't, replace "0" with "1" and save the file while overwriting the original (which would happen anyway, when the product gets updated). See below for details about "what to do when the file looks garbled when opened with the text editor"*

* when there's only a bunch of cryptic symbols showing up when opening the .dsf file in a text editor, you have to use a program like "7-zip file manager" (or any other that can un-zip programs) on it first. With "7-zip file manager" it works by going to the above mentioned directory, right-clicking on the Baku.dsf and chosing "open with.." and chosing "7-zip file manager". In the window that opens then right-click on "Baku" and chose "open externally" and chose the text editor... from that point go ahead as described above. Just check to save the file at the right place (see above) and with .dsf at the end...

Or just wait for DAZ doing the work for you and just dial out the morph each time when loading a G8(.1)M until then... would be what I would do wink

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,414

File locations;

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/84219/file_list

To fix any ill-behaving morphs, do as follows;

1. Open DS and load "Genesis 8.1 Basic Male" (to an empty scene)
    2. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Preferences->Choose "Show Hidden Properties" (part 3 zeroes only 'visible' dials)
    3. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Zero->Zero Figure (Zeroes the value of all the 'visible' dials)
    4. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Memorize->Memorize Figure (Sets the current value of all the dials as their default value)
    5. Edit->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets (Writes the changed default value to the morph files that were changed)

When saving "Modified Assets" DS shows a dialog and asks for confirmation;
    "The following file(s) will be permanently modified:" - "Accept/Cancel" - Choose "Accept"

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

PerttiA said:

File locations;

2. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Preferences->Choose "Show Hidden Properties" (part 3 zeroes only 'visible' dials)
    3. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Zero->Zero Figure (Zeroes the value of all the 'visible' dials)
    4. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Memorize->Memorize Figure (Sets the current value of all the dials as their default value)
    5. Edit->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets (Writes the changed default value to the morph files that were changed)

"The following file(s) will be permanently modified:" - "Accept/Cancel" - Choose "Accept"

Wow... so there IS an easy way to do it?

Thanks, PerttiA, for this information and help.

Wouldn't it just great if we had a handbook coming with DStudio where could find all this vital information without having to jump through loops and asking in the forum? wink

• felisfelis Posts: 3,646
    edited January 2022

maikdecker said:

PerttiA said:

File locations;

Wow... so there IS an easy way to do it?

Thanks, PerttiA, for this information and help.

Wouldn't it just great if we had a handbook coming with DStudio where could find all this vital information without having to jump through loops and asking in the forum? wink

Maybe such a handbook could be stored together with the documentation for Daz Studio laugh 

Post edited by felis on
  • ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 438

PerttiA said:

File locations;

OK, but if I do this will it change previously saved 8.1 figures? What's bothering me is not that new 8.1 males have the Baku morph, but that previously saved scenes with figures I have carefully morphed now have him dialed in. I don't want to do what you describe and find that all my saved figures suddenly are zeroed out. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,119

That process only affects the base male, which is why you're seeing Baku dialed into your previous characters. Fix this, and your other characters go back to the way they were before you installed Baku.

• ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 438

Thank you. That worked for the base male, and I checked some saved figures and they are as they should be. Appreciate the help!

Gordig said:

That process only affects the base male, which is why you're seeing Baku dialed into your previous characters. Fix this, and your other characters go back to the way they were before you installed Baku.

The process will fix every character, previously saved and current, since every character uses base male that loads the non-zero morph. 

• So has Daz put out a fix for this yet?

Or are they leaving it to us to fix it ourselves?

Thankls to the really helpful poeple above.

Have you sent a ticket?

DAZ does not read these forums

• So Forum mods dont read the posts and dont report back to Daz about any problems they hear about.

WOW

myotherworld said:

So Forum mods dont read the posts and dont report back to Daz about any problems they hear about.

They have enough on their hands trying to keep the conversation civil. 

• Also, the first post was made on the 26th - which was Wednesday. I'd think it a bit soon for a fix to have been made, checked, and packed.

• On January 22nd, I sent in a ticket identifying Baku loading on all characters.  That was on the weekend and on Monday, January 24th, Fernando had already issued my requested refund.  Now that was a sales/refund ticket, but I did state the problem as the reason I was asking for a refund.

So it's only been a week since I reported the problem.

By the way, I put Baku back in my wishlist, as I think he's a wonderful character.  I'm keeping an eye on the varous threads to see when he gets updated to correct the loading issue. :)

Yes I could have correct the issue myself thanks to info on the forums, but that was the weekend the forums were down for a couple of days.  Also, one or a few folks at DAZ correcting the product is better than many customers having to do it themselves. :)

Lee

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

vwrangler said:

Update for Baku in DIM today. His readme has the following note:

2022-02-01 Updated Baku Morph to not apply automatically on loading Genesis 8.1 Male

Well, how's that for wheel squeeking?