Double X Swimsuit G8/8.1F

SquishySquishy Posts: 449
edited April 2022 in Freebies

A model of a one-piece ladies' swimsuit, rigged in DAZ Studio for Genesis 8/8.1 Female. 1996 polys. A good assortment of Iray materials are included, as well as some shaders that allow for various degrees of transparency simulating thread weave.  See readme for more info.

Update 4/26/22: this item is superseded by an updated package of this item and four other suits, with a number of corrections and improvements. New download links:

ShareCG: https://sharecg.com/v/98954/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Swimsuits-2.0

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SYewZEh7lYf1UX9cQnLlLm1e_2tgtR4R?usp=sharing

Post edited by Squishy on

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,103

Thank you

One small problem though. When I try to apply any of the materials presets I get a messege about DS not being able to find

data/excessive/lingerie/slenderpants/uv sets/excessive/base/default.dsf

I downloaded and installed your slender pants freebie and that fixed it.

• SquishySquishy Posts: 449
    edited March 2021

Ah, I took a shortcut and copied the material files rather than completely re-saving new ones, I'll fix that and update it in a little bit. Thanks for the heads up.

e: Update is in place, thanks again. Even if you had worked around this by downloading the other item you should still probably re-download this to prevent any future dependency problems.

• I've yet to download (My sharecg login is in my password book, which is in a very safe place. Just wish I could remember which safe place..), but I do have a small comment based on the images above. I'm not sure how comfortable using adhesive on the underside of the chest would be, and I can't see how the swimsuit would conform quite like that without adhesive. As for removing it - I can imagine that eyes would water. Thinking about it, it might look more realistic on less well endowed figures. 

Regards,

Richard.

I'm aware it's not a very realistic garment, thanks.

• I hope you didn't think I was trying to denigrate it, just trying to make a comment in a slightly amusing way. I know full well I can't do anything remotely as complex as that swimsuit - and the reason I know is that I'm utterly stumped by how on earth I'm going to model an athlete's lane sticker which is applied to the right thigh. I have a couple of ideas I'm going to test to find which (if any) works best, but I have no certainty any will work.

Just wondering, really, if on a future one it might be possible to have the strap from the waist to the side of the chest be modelled in a straight line so it doesn't conform so much to the figure shape. That would then distort if the figure is less generously endowed. And need a morph. Oh, it's all getting too difficult. I can see why you did it as you did. Novice applying foot to mouth.

Regards,

Richard.

edited March 2021

I can do a suit like this in a day. I can do (and have done) a suit with hand fitted morphs that will be sorta-OK on some combinations of body morphs but will still look weird on a massive variety of combinations - and that takes weeks.  It hasn't gotten a lot easier to do loose fitting clothing in all time Poser/DAZ have been a thing. It's a massive amount of direly unfun labor that most of which will never be appreciated or used by anybody. There's a reason people charge money for this stuff.

edit: re: your character mod thing, that's actually not that hard and doesn't even require any special software outside of maybe an image editor, see the Iray Decal feature:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/57322/decal-node

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/75203/wtut-decal-will-s-iray-decal-tutorial (this demonstrates how to do it straight onto a character)

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,979
    edited March 2021

Decals were one thing I was going to look at, a geoshell another and my preferred option was to model a patch in the right place on G8F's thigh, 0.5mm off the skin surface & treat it like a bit of clothing. Might be able to do this with a chest number too, placing it 3-5mm off the chest surface to allow for clothing underneath.

I have written an 'Offset Elements' routine for my modeller for this - a function I've wanted for a while, but this was a good enough excuse to knuckle down & programme it.Having got a patch in the right place I can shape & mesh it, then use DS to rig the patch for me on the right leg. BUT, until I do it, I have no idea how much I don't know about the process that I should.

Thanks for the decal links, I will study them. The disadvantage is that decals are iRay only, and a number of people still use 3Delight, which is why my preferred option at the moment is a clothing patch. I am well aware my preferred option may change in the face of hard experience.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on

a Geoshell or decal is way, way easier for you to do and is even very easy to save as a distributable preset, save yourself the pain for a first effort and try it one of those approaches first. you can certainly get it done with a conformer but these features (especially decal) are specially made just for this purpose.

richardandtracy said:

I hope you didn't think I was trying to denigrate it, just trying to make a comment in a slightly amusing way. I know full well I can't do anything remotely as complex as that swimsuit - and the reason I know is that I'm utterly stumped by how on earth I'm going to model an athlete's lane sticker which is applied to the right thigh. I have a couple of ideas I'm going to test to find which (if any) works best, but I have no certainty any will work.

Just wondering, really, if on a future one it might be possible to have the strap from the waist to the side of the chest be modelled in a straight line so it doesn't conform so much to the figure shape. That would then distort if the figure is less generously endowed. And need a morph. Oh, it's all getting too difficult. I can see why you did it as you did. Novice applying foot to mouth.

Regards,

Richard.

I wanted to come back to this, it turns out the Smoothing Modifier feature built into Studio actually handles this reasonably well with minimal effort!

Slank Smoothing Modifier.gif
    1287 x 653 - 529K
  • Does, doesn't it. Well, just goes to show.

It's not as good as what you might get from simulating it as dynamic cloth or just making a hand created morph but on the other hand it's a lot less work.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,742
    edited January 2022

I had some free time but was too tired for anything complex, so I did this very basic render :)

sakura 01.png
    600 x 1000 - 419K
    Post edited by Hylas on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • perlkperlk Posts: 840

I'd totally wear this if I wasn't 46 and had the body of a pregnant hippo.

But it'll look fab on Genesis. Thanks! Clothes are always welcome additions to my library.

• Looks great thank you laugh