I Have A Product I Don't Have!

Can anyone tell me if the product in the screenshot attached has another name besides either "Eastern Street" or "Middle Eastern Street" (I'm adding spaces there)? As can be seen from the screenshot I obviously have the product installed and yet I don't as it doesn't appear under either 'E' or 'M' under Products. Whenever I try to load it I get the 'something went wrong' window. The product under the names in the screenshot also doesn't exist in DIM - I hoped to try uninstalling and then reinstalling it, but it doesn't appear in any of the 3 DIM columns - plus it also doesn't exist in my onsite Product Library. Thus I have this product which I don't have!

Last night I tried to add it to a larger scene just to see if it might work in it, but I got the message that there were missing assets - which seemed odd as when something is missing there's no icon for it - so I clicked to install what was missing, but then the product loaded but all of its colours were 60s psychedelic and even flower motifs were on parts, but when I did a spot render it rendered the whole thing but now without any materials. I deleted it from the scene then tried to reinstall it from the icons in the screenshot, but now all state there's a problem. It was only then I discovered that the product doesn't appear in Products in Daz Studio under 'E' or 'M',  or in DIM, or in my onsite Product Library!

Comments

• Thanks, that's it. But it looks like I need to submit a ticket as although it now loads into an existing scene it only appears as a big grey blob, while if I try to load it new I get the 'problem' notice only. Under Products it shows 11 of the 22 icons as not installed, but when I uninstall it and reinstall it all via DIM those 11 icons still show [!].

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,107

Works fine for me.

You are seeing those grey blocks because Studio can't find he geometry.

Mixing Connect installs with any other method will cause this type of problem.

You really shouldn't do it.

Uninstall from Connect, then logout inside Studio.

Ignore the Install pane in Studio, that is for Connect.

Install everything with DIM and save yourself the headaches.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited January 2022

once everything is uninstalled don't log in again and only use DIM. The only purpose I can think of for logging in is Daz Central or Central. I get the 2 confused and can never rememebr the one thats being use. I say it backwards almost every time.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • IceCrMn said:

Works fine for me.

You are seeing those grey blocks because Studio can't find he geometry.

Mixing Connect installs with any other method will cause this type of problem.

Not remotely true.

You really shouldn't do it.

Uninstall from Connect, then logout inside Studio.

Ignore the Install pane in Studio, that is for Connect.

Install everything with DIM and save yourself the headaches.

• Okay, I uninstalled via Connect (in which were only the 11 [!] icons]. I exited the program and also logged-off the site. I then loaded DIM and both Daz & Poser versions of LMES were there as installed, so I uninstalled them, then exited DIM. I opened the program and this time the product and all parts had gone. I then opened DIM again and reinstalled the products, then opening DS I found all parts were back and working. Thus problem solved - except for one thing:

The headings in the left hand panel are now only:

Daz Studio Formats

Poser Formats

Other Import Formats

DS & Poser tabs open up to all that they used to and should do, but now Daz Connect has vanished from the top, and Products have completely vanished from the bottom! I never use Daz Connect, but I've never seen Products not there before, and I find that A-Z extremely useful when trying to locate products I've failed to find in My Daz 3D Library.

• Sounds like a PostgreSQL connection or databse issue - are you getting any errors or warnign on starting Daz Studio?

• Prince WaoPrince Wao Posts: 373
    edited January 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

Sounds like a PostgreSQL connection or databse issue - are you getting any errors or warnign on starting Daz Studio?

Yes, I had a PostgreSQL warning when first opening DS. Is there a fix for it, or do I need to submit a ticket?

STOP PRESS! I just opened DS for the first time today and all is as it should be again! Daz Connect & Products folders are back and there was no PostgreSQL notice.

Thanks to all for your help.

Post edited by Prince Wao on