DAZ Studio Pro 4.7.0.12, General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Hmm, I didn't even know that was there - but yes, unresponsive in that mode though I do get a full set of control icons. Have you reported this?

• scottidog2scottidog2 Posts: 319
    edited December 1969

No, have not reported it.

• EmotionalOutlet3DEmotionalOutlet3D Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

Is anyone having problems with the view frame? The only way I can get it to work is to use the surface selection tool and then click view frame. Doesn't seem to work if I select the item in the scene view any more.

• keycodekeycode Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

In my viewport when I go to Fullscreen. I can't do anything in Fullscreen mode, everything is frozen (even when I run an animation scene), only thing I can do is press escape button. Any Help will be appreciated, Is this a known bug?

Is anyone else having this problem with the new Daz Studios 4.7? I bump it because I do not see any mention of this problem. Or maybe its just happening to me.

same identical problem .... i was liking a lot last release but this bug obliged me to roll back to previous 4.6. Please someone can help me (i am non-professional) to find a solution? I can't set neither my single monitor in a portrait mode and it is just a 22" this is why I need often the full-screen mode (simply to recover a wider view). Thanks to all.

my desktop system is win 8.1 pro. Intel i5 2400, nvidia gtx660, 8GB ram, samsung ssd. UAC disabled, administrator mode ON etc.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited December 1969

keycode said:
    In my viewport when I go to Fullscreen. I can't do anything in Fullscreen mode, everything is frozen (even when I run an animation scene), only thing I can do is press escape button. Any Help will be appreciated, Is this a known bug?

Is anyone else having this problem with the new Daz Studios 4.7? I bump it because I do not see any mention of this problem. Or maybe its just happening to me.

same identical problem .... i was liking a lot last release but this bug obliged me to roll back to previous 4.6. Please someone can help me (i am non-professional) to find a solution? I can't set neither my single monitor in a portrait mode and it is just a 22" this is why I need often the full-screen mode (simply to recover a wider view). Thanks to all.

my desktop system is win 8.1 pro. Intel i5 2400, nvidia gtx660, 8GB ram, samsung ssd. UAC disabled, administrator mode ON etc.

FWIW, this doesn't (or didn't) work in 4.6.3.52 either - win7 ultimate, 64-bit.

• PschelfhPschelfh Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

I'm having an issue where my cursor disappears/loses its cursor image and won't reappear even though I can keep working, which used to be a somewhat common irritation in earlier versions, but hadn't been a problem in later versions of 4.6. Now it's happened to me several times in 4.7 making me think this has returned. Anybody else have this happen? Using OS X Yosemite and 64 bit DS.

Now that I notice it, I'll try to pay closer attention if there's anything specific that triggers it.

Also had this issue twice now with 4.7. I can still highlight the file menu and navigate down to save my scene.
    When I restart and reload my scene, the cursor is there again.

I can't remember what triggered it though.

Windows 7 64bit (+ Octane)

Peter.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Did you try navigating to the Viewport options in the top right hand corner of the viewport and left click, then it should re-appear ... most of the time.
    It's faster than saving and restarting and loading a scene again.

I had the disappearing cursor in most versions of DS - until now DS4.7 didn't loose it for me.

• PschelfhPschelfh Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I will try this next time!

Peter.

• edited December 1969

kind of didn't like the keyboard navigation. ^^' I use those letters to find something fast in my large library, and now I can't do that anymore. ^^'

absolutely awesome though for the IPR. *nodnod*

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

I'm having an issue where my cursor disappears/loses its cursor image and won't reappear even though I can keep working, which used to be a somewhat common irritation in earlier versions, but hadn't been a problem in later versions of 4.6. Now it's happened to me several times in 4.7 making me think this has returned. Anybody else have this happen? Using OS X Yosemite and 64 bit DS.

Now that I notice it, I'll try to pay closer attention if there's anything specific that triggers it.

Also had this issue twice now with 4.7. I can still highlight the file menu and navigate down to save my scene.

Peter.

Same here with this release.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Peter.

Same here with this release.

I've had this with every version of DS since 4.0.

I've found that if I get the (invisible) pointer (by seeing what's highlit) over the Draw Style Options menu in the viewport and click on it, the pointer reappears.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Haven't read through this entire thread, but the new backdrop function is driving me bonkers. How can I make the backdrop color stick between launches? Every time I open DS, the backdrop is blindingly white and I have to re-set it to the dark grey color I want.

The previous version retained the color setting flawlessly. Is saving a scene to use as my load/new scene the only option now?

• scottidog2scottidog2 Posts: 319
    edited December 1969

Dark_Angel_84, keyboard navigation can be turned off.

keyboard.png
    372 x 104 - 21K
  • NerfyNerfy Posts: 35
    edited December 2014

Heya, I just upgraded from 4.6 yesterday and noticed some awesome improvements to the Script IDE.

A few things which seem to be bugged at the moment:

Detecting scope blocks when adding brackets - '{' and '}' - seems to often bug out, possibly when pasting and modifying an existing block while things are open all funkily (I can't remember exactly what was causing it or reproduce it, but it's been happening to me a lot, soon as it happens again I'll describe how it came about). It causes tabbing on a line to often affect the line above or below, or just not at all if on the lower bracket, and usually has to be fixed by removing all space between the brackets and adding a new line again. It might have something to do with my coding style generally having the first opening bracket on a new line.

When alt tabbing back into daz, focus on the Script IDE is lost, causing typing to often muck up the camera by jumping to view directions etc. I'm learning not to do it, but it would be nice if focus could be retained.

It would be awesome if we could mouse over a variable or method in debug, and see its type/return type name (e.g. dzProperty or whatever). It would also be awesome if we could right click on a variable, either in the code window or locals list, and select to print out all the method names, since currently I'm spending a lot of time expanding variables to find out what's possible on them (since there's no documentation as far as I know of). Even better would be if we could right click on a method, and print out all the functions on its return type, rather than creating a temporary variable to point to it, for exploring in debug mode.

edit: Being able to use ctrl+c on the print out area would be good too. Currently only right click -> copy seems to work.

The auto-scope detection bug seems to be caused when you press enter after creating an opening bracket, then backspace again (e.g. clearing white space to pull up text which you're now making part of this newly scoped block), as if there's a special invisible character created after opening brackets which keeps track of the scope start. This then causes tabbing to go haywire, for visual matching bracket highlighting to break, and for the visual collapse button to not appear.

Post edited by Nerfy on
  • quantum-2653005quantum-2653005 Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Run as Administrator?
    Sorry for asking ...

Yeppers. I've tried all I can to get DS to take the serial permanently and it refuses. The s/n from my acct on D3D just gives the yellow checkmark. DS stays in standard mode and almost all of the plugins show unregistered. When I tried to register the Auto-Fit Tool with the s/n I got from D3D it refuses to take it as well. DS is all but unuseable since the plug-ins say I need to register before using them. Kind of a pointless and futile exercise.

The DSON issues mean some of the content I bought just won't import into PP2014. I upgraded to the GameDev version so I'd have the FBX functionality to allow a simpler workflow across the different products I use. DSON still doesn't want to play nice.

I've no idea what's causing these issues but it's isolated to DS. My machine specs are the best I could get locally and other products I use run like a dream on this hardware. I do like using DS when it runs as a preliminary evaluation of the content since that's the only way I can see everything I bought. I've checked the permissions on the net drives, all of the PP assets are there, some of the DSON conversions that worked are there and can load.

Is there a CLI version of the DSON that will allow me to attempt a bulk conversion outside of PP and operate properly. I can set up a python interpreter, that's no big deal. Done that before on a project. I just need to know what options are available to get all these DSON assets into PP compatible form so I can actually use them.

Thanks gang

• edited December 1969

I find version 4.7.12 to be extremely unstable when using Goz. I like the interactive window, but thats all I like about 4.7. I don't like the tiny dials and I sure don't like the instability. I'm going back to 4.6

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Haven't read through this entire thread, but the new backdrop function is driving me bonkers. How can I make the backdrop color stick between launches? Every time I open DS, the backdrop is blindingly white and I have to re-set it to the dark grey color I want.

The previous version retained the color setting flawlessly. Is saving a scene to use as my load/new scene the only option now?

One option would be to set up an empty scene as you want it, save it and make that the Load File item in Edit>Preferences>StartUp and Edit>Preferences>Scene.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 2014

Vaskania said:

One option would be to set up an empty scene as you want it, save it and make that the Load File item in Edit>Preferences>StartUp and Edit>Preferences>Scene.

I don't know - but mine is grey and stays grey ... ?
    Even after restarting ...
    Isn't there a different setting for viewport and backdrop?

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Vaskania said:

I don't know - but mine is grey and stays grey ... ?
    Even after restarting ...
    Isn't there a different setting for viewport and backdrop?

Yes, there's the background color of the viewport, set as the Viewport Color in Window>Style>Customize Colors; and the separate color (or image) on the backdrop IF you set there to be a backdrop in the Environment Pane.

The background color of my viewport is certainly staying the grey I set it to.

I'm wondering if Vaskania is muddling the two - has the viewport background color always set to white, and is then enabling a backdrop in the Environment pane set to grey. Environment pane settings are not retained between sessions, so the next session would start up just seeing the white viewport background again.

Vaskania - depedning on what you want ...

If you just want a grey background in the viewport to work against (rather than being an actual, rendering backdrop), then go to Window>Style>Customize Colors and set the viewport color setting to the color you want. THAT should be remembered from session to session.

If you actually want a grey, rrendering backdrop, then you need to open the Environment pane, set a backdrop of the color you want, then save the scene and set that in Preferences as the scene to open on 'New'.

• edited December 1969

shawnlau said:
    I find version 4.7.12 to be extremely unstable when using Goz. I like the interactive window, but thats all I like about 4.7. I don't like the tiny dials and I sure don't like the instability. I'm going back to 4.6

My mistake. I was running the old version of GOZ.

• Bobeagle77Bobeagle77 Posts: 164
    edited December 2014

What do you mean by fullscreen mode? I mean, fullscreen mode inside Daz Studios. I love what you guys and gals are doing at Daz Studios with the new Daz Studios 4.7 I really like the look and feel of the new Daz Studios , but its not working for me right now. It seems unstable. I went back to 4.6 Daz Studios which runs smooth as butter. Igave it another try and I am still getting same problem. I will install again, but get its stable and running well.
    My computer specs: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit i5 3470 quad core R9 270x with 16 GB of Ram if this helps. I will post a picture here, this is a picture of Daz 4.6:

Full_mode_Screen2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Full_mode_Screen.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Bobeagle77 on
  • CriosCrios Posts: 2,648
    edited December 1969

I don't know if has been aasked before, but for install DAZ 4.7- 64 version, on a new PC, i must enter the serial number of DAZ 4.6. Or serial isn't necessary for now.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I don't know if has been aasked before, but for install DAZ 4.7- 64 version, on a new PC, i must enter the serial number of DAZ 4.6. Or serial isn't necessary for now.

Yes, it uses the same serial, with no serial it reverts to Standard rather than Pro.

• quantum-2653005quantum-2653005 Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

Yes, it uses the same serial, with no serial it reverts to Standard rather than Pro.

Then why doesn't it accept the s/n issued on my account serial numbers page?

edited December 1969

quantum said:

Then why doesn't it accept the s/n issued on my account serial numbers page?

What exactly does it say the serial number is for (I have 6 assorted DAZ Studio serial numbers on my account page)? And are you quite sure you didn't copy any trailing spaces in when entering it?

• RiceLoverRiceLover Posts: 26
    edited December 2014

Ouch! My Install Manager had a lot of things on it to install, one of which said "Daz Studio 4.7". Now when I open Daz it looks like the attached picture, and the Window ... Style ... Customize Colors option does not work. No window for customizing colors opens at all. I can't find any other menu or setting that specifies the ui colors. Any ideas on how to get my ui back to normal?

Follow-Up

And apparently I can't render anything. When I try, Daz crashes.

Ouch.png
    1920 x 1080 - 122K
    Post edited by RiceLover on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Ouch! My Install Manager had a lot of things on it to install, one of which said "Daz Studio 4.7". Now when I open Daz it looks like the attached picture, and the Window ... Style ... Customize Colors option does not work. No window for customizing colors opens at all. I can't find any other menu or setting that specifies the ui colors. Any ideas on how to get my ui back to normal?

Follow-Up

That looks like DAZ Studio was still running in the background when you updated it. Make sure DS is closed and the process is no longer running in Task Manager, than uninstall and reinstall.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited December 1969

Follow-Up

This is a classic example of what happens when you have Studio open when you install an update (I did it with this release as well :-) )

1) Shut down Studio
    2) Un-install Studio (and plugins) with DIM
    3) Re-install

Should fix things.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    XiMiX said:
    jakiblue said:
    I can't work this out. How do I get the "truly transparent background"??

I am also having this problem.

i finally got it. LOL.

it doesnt seem to show the checkered pattern background in teh viewport - but if you RENDER, the pattern is there.

Confused me. I thought somethign was wrong because it was supposed to show in view.

Okay, according to this, it is only supposed to do that when there isn't a background color. I have a green background color and I am getting the checkerboard. It's still rendering so I can't check, but is the background color something I have to set in the Environment Pane? I don't know how this was set. I think it carried over from the other version.

So I save as a png if I want the transparency?

"9) Truly Transparent Backgrounds - When no backdrop or background color is used (optional in the Environment Pane) transparency is shown as a checkerboard pattern, similar to other graphics applications. "

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 2014

THANK YOU! My sanity is saved.

In 4.6 I would set it with the background color option in the viewport menu (the 3 lines) and it would stick between sessions. It was also the render background color option, but the point was that it stuck. When that was removed and replaced with the environment tab in 4.7, I thought that was the only way to do it. I never once thought of checking the style colors.

I'll just have to remember from now on that the two are separate and to set a background color if I actually want one in-render.

DavidGB said:
    If you just want a grey background in the viewport to work against (rather than being an actual, rendering backdrop), then go to Window>Style>Customize Colors and set the viewport color setting to the color you want. THAT should be remembered from session to session.
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on