http://www.daz3d.com/suburban-shopping-mall

Post edited by FirstBastion on

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

Wow! Very useful. Thanks!

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 2014

You should see me bouncing around in excitement at this!!!!!!

How soon????????

Post edited by Aave Nainen on
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited December 1969

If somebody isn't already working on a texture/prop pack to turn Suburban Shopping Mall into Derelict Suburban Shopping Mall, they need to get on it.

Because that looks like the perfect place for a ravening zombie horde/depraved mutant death cult/etc to hang out.

Just saying.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 2014

Ooh! :wow:

1322277979335[1].jpg
    600 x 403 - 22K
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

the one that's most like by me doesn't have the skylight, but otherwise, I could almost say I've been there. :)

Yep, gotta get this. My Belle and Brodie and Josie and Jayden and Julie and Jason based characters need somewhere to slack off (or get jobs... and now the theme song from Sixteen is in my head.)

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

This goes into my cart as soon as it is out. Instant buy!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,316
    edited December 1969

It's gone through all QA testing now.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684
    edited December 1969

Will there be a food court? Or a food court add-on? I work at the nearest mall's food court.

edited December 2014

The Food Court section is under construction and will be available in the new year.

Suburban Shopping Mall - now available

edited December 1969

The Food Court section is under construction and will be available in the new year.

Suburban Shopping Mall - now available

Thank you!

• atozedatozed Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Really sad there's no Poser support. I'd have bought the whole series. Sigh!

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

atozed said:
    Really sad there's no Poser support. I'd have bought the whole series. Sigh!

"1 DSON Core Installer"

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,012
    edited December 1969

"DSON Core installer" means DS 4.6+, not Poser support.
    Yes, DSON files can indeed be imported in Poser9+ via the DSON importer plugin, but unless there are Poser companion files and Poser materials included as well as DSON files then there's no real Poser support, just as a product in Poser format with no DS materials doesn't have DS support.

(and for the record, I'm a DS user)

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Well.............I'm supposed to be shopping for others at this time of year.........but this.......had to go into my cart and through checkout asap.

Thank you First Bastion!!!!!!!!

Reminded me instantly of West Edmonton Mall with it's multi level layout, now I can fill a shop window or two with clothing!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Got to just wishlist this for the moment, but I'll keep it in mind for later, when I've got the $$$. A quick question, how much detail is there in the individual shopfronts? How far behind the front windows can we see and customise to create individual shops?

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited December 1969

Other than the food court are there other expansions planned? (And I really want to know the answer to Spotted Kitty's question -- just how deep are the store fronts?

edited December 1969

The shops are similar dimensions to real world shops at least 20-30 feet deep. Plenty of room for counters, fitting rooms, displays, racks and mannequins which are also planned addons.

Depthofstore_Mall_daz3d_suburban.jpg
    650 x 488 - 219K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Looks good, I should be able to put something together easily enough to fit in that space.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,473
    edited December 1969

3 words. Dawn of The Dead!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 1969

Is a sad indicator of my world that the first thing that came to mind was a gunman shooting shoppers.
    Not me wanting to do the shooting I might add, just something that has happened in the past seen in the news and often on my mind when mad christmas shopping occurs and why I prefer to avoid it.
    So the empty mall is the one I usually see at odd times in the early morning when only the supermarkets open.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited December 1969

The first thing that came to my mind was the wedding of Prince Andrew to Sarah Ferguson sometime in the mid-eighties. I went shopping in town with a friend and it was totally deserted because everyone else seemed to have stayed at home to watch the wedding on TV. I've never seen an open shopping centre where there were no people before (or since, for that matter) and it was actually quite eerie. We were almost treated like royalty ourselves though because the assistants couldn't do enough for us, maybe because they were bored out of their brains but more likely because we were one of the few chances they had to make a sale that day.

The product itself looks good, but the expansions sound even more inviting. Wish-listed for the moment - I could probably do a lot with this.

edited December 1969

How about a charging station for mall goers to charge their electronics? I am at one right now in a big mall.

edited December 1969

The idea is to give it that modern everyday look that is flexible enough, so it can work for renders set today, or ten years ago, or even twenty. I'm open to suggestions for the finer point details.

As for the emptiness, mall's can on occassion look fairly barren on a Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. I've got some things planned to help fill up the space.

edited April 2015

I saw a thread in the forums where ErikLeeman is retexturing the shopping mall for use in Octane renders. Adding a bank of escalators looks pretty cool too. Theres a full version at the link.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/50021/P536

erik-octane.jpg
    603 x 379 - 65K
  • ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

FB -- this is a wonderful set. Any update on the food court expansion?

--MW

• MydsMyds Posts: 106

FB -- this is a wonderful set. Any update on the food court expansion?

--MW

I just wanted to echo this notion, in hopes of an answer.

I don't know.  Honest answer I just don;t know at this point in time. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129

I did a 360 render of the shopping mall. It would be great to have some stores in the mall. I hope there will be an expansion.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    barbult said:

I did a 360 render of the shopping mall. It would be great to have some stores in the mall. I hope there will be an expansion.

Wow! Looks great.

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170

Add my vote/purchase to an expansion...