G8F Olive Eyes

Has anyone found a good olive colored eye texture for G8F? I have a character who needs olive peepers but is and has to remain a standard G8. A figure by Blue Rabbit just hit the store named Nina, and her eyes are just what I'm looking for, but unfortunately she's G8.1 and as far as I can tell the texture maps are not interchangeable.

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited January 2022

If you choose a light enough color you can tint the iris with whatever color you desire so you can create olive if you wish in the diffuse.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Serene Night said:

If you choose a light enough color you can tint the iris with whatever color you desire so you can create olive if you wish in the diffuse.

I'll give that a try in PS. Thank you.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited January 2022

You can do it in the surfaces tab, inside DS. The save it for future use.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,108
    edited January 2022

It's not necessarily the case that 8.1 maps can't be used on 8; not all PAs are using the updated UVs for their figures. Unfortunately, Nina does appear to use the new UVs, as her readme lists both head and torso textures (though "torso" should be "body". 

However, there's an easy workaround:

Load G8.1F dev load into a blank scene, set to base resolution, export. Load G8F, Edit -> Figure -> Geometry -> Load UV Set. Load your G8.1F obj, name it, and now you've got G8.1F UVs on G8F. It won't help with loading 8.1 presets directly onto G8, but you can certainly load eye materials. Here's base G8F with Jada 8.1's eye materials:

UVEyes.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

What about the green eye textures from the Genesis 3 Essential pack? They're already in your Runtime.

The male version even has a little bit of orange speckles like Nina, albeit less prominent.

I attached a preset for Genesis 8.

duf
    duf
    eddie green.duf
    eyes eddie.png
    800 x 240 - 274K
  • Have you looked this set yet? Maybe one of these colors would work? Natural Eyes for Genesis 8 | Daz 3D

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,269

Oh I've always liked the Natural Eyes sets, I have the one's for V4, Genesis and G2 so far and they are so good and easy to work with

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003

I bought Olive Eyes for the Genesis 2 female a while ago when it was on sale...

They seem to fit other figures too, maybe they'll work with the Genesis 8 figures...

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

McGyver That's hillarious!

• LMAO seeing the world in an entirely different way. On a more serious note, the Natural Eyes are very nice products.
  • McGyver said:

I bought Olive Eyes for the Genesis 2 female a while ago when it was on sale...

They seem to fit other figures too, maybe they'll work with the Genesis 8 figures...

Well, as long as there are adequate pimento morphs...

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003

The Pimento morphs alone make it worth the price.

• We are such a cast of characters, aren't we?  laugh laugh laugh

• benniewoodell said:

Have you looked this set yet? Maybe one of these colors would work? Natural Eyes for Genesis 8 | Daz 3D

I blanched at the price... but then the weekend arrived and BOOM: 60% off!

• I ended up taking an eye texture from Natural Eyes and doing some custom painting over the iris in PS to make them more olive-colored and add some "pop" at the highlights.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,108

I made a tutorial that includes the steps in my post above, if that's a solution you want to pursue in the future:

• Gordig said:

I made a tutorial that includes the steps in my post above, if that's a solution you want to pursue in the future:

Thanks for sharing that! I'll watch that tonight.