Can you use G8.1 expressions and poses on G8?

I recently bought some poses for G8.1 hoping to use them for G8. The poses work but the expressions don't. Is there a way for G8.1 expressions to work on G8 figures?

Comments

• The facial rigging is different. So, unfortunately, the answer is no.

There may well be terribly clever people around who know how to get around the system, but unless they chime in with their clever techniques and describe exactly how to do it, the answer will remain 'No.'.

Regards,

Richard.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,342

I've not tried it, but you probably could make G8.1 expression controls work on G8.0. However, the most practical answer in most respects is "Transfer the character you want to use to G8.1".

If it's an issue, reactivating G8.0 expressions on G8.1 is quite well tested now (far more so than trying to put G8.1 features on G8.0).

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,472

Why not use G8.1 instead?

• richardandtracy said:

The facial rigging is different. So, unfortunately, the answer is no.

The actual rigging is the same, I beleive, but the higher level controls are not.

There may well be terribly clever people around who know how to get around the system, but unless they chime in with their clever techniques and describe exactly how to do it, the answer will remain 'No.'.

Regards,

Richard.

• PerttiA said:

Why not use G8.1 instead?

Not wanting to use DS 4.15+ would be one reason...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817
    edited January 2022

I think HDexpressions are the only real issue,

other ones could be created using morphloader . 

They both are the same mesh after all with different surface zones.

the HD ones might even be possible editing any paths and figure identification  in the user facing files with notepad++ obviously cannot the encrypted ones, and placing them in the correct subfolders, not tried as I have avoided buying 8.1 but I guess I could look at the supplied base ones later.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on