KA Candy Floss for Genesis 8 Female?

XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
edited January 2022 in The Commons

Greetings. Quick question, why is this set for G8F? It seems to be a prop not a figure or accesory.

KA Candy Floss for Genesis 8 Female

Thanks,

Post edited by XpiderMan on

Comments

• XpiderMan said:

Greetings. Quick question, why is this set for G8F? It seems to be a prop not a figure or accesory.

KA Candy Floss for Genesis 8 Female

Thanks,

It includes a Smart prop parented to Genesis 8 Female, there is a zero prop that can be used alone or with another figure too.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

cridgit said:

10 bucks for a prop with no textures? Oof, sure this in the right store?

Oh hey, be kind. It does have one texture! A very random thing to make as a single prop, though?

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    "Male content doesn't sell", so no one would buy it if it was also labeled for use with a male figure and included a loading preset.
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,219

Since there were Christmas gift freebies released all last month, this certainly looks like a product intended for that promotion,  but somehow forgotten til now. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited January 2022

FirstBastion said:

Since there were Christmas gift freebies released all last month, this certainly looks like a product intended for that promotion,  but somehow forgotten til now. 

It definitely looks like one; but it is a DAZ original. So, probably not meant to be a PA Christmas gift. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,602

When I saw it I thought it was a morph to change Genesis 8 Female into Candy Floss. There have been some exreme morphs for Genesis figures before. Then I saw it said smart prop in small letters.

BTW is the cone an American thing? When I was young and went to funfairs they spun the Candy Floss round a stick.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,878
    edited January 2022

Peter Wade said:

When I saw it I thought it was a morph to change Genesis 8 Female into Candy Floss. There have been some exreme morphs for Genesis figures before. Then I saw it said smart prop in small letters.

BTW is the cone an American thing? When I was young and went to funfairs they spun the Candy Floss round a stick.

Whether it is American or not, as I understand it KA is from here the UK which makes it even more puzzling that it's a cone not a stick. 

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,294
    edited January 2022

Haruchai said:

Peter Wade said:

Whether it is American or not, as I understand it KA is from here the UK which makes it even more puzzling that it's a cone not a stick. 

Maybe it started as soft ice cream and the dispenser got stuck cheeky

Post edited by PerttiA on
    edited May 2022

Redacted

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

At one point cotton candy on a bit of paper rolled into a cone was a thing.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,219

Cotton Candy was the single best reason to go to the C.N.E. each year.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited January 2022

cridgit said:

Peter Wade said:

Yeah we had sticks too but there was NOTHING in the world as good as pushing your face or head into a giant ball of floss and coming out with a mouthful/fistful and sticky for days! Ah good times those. 

Maybe my OCD started young but that sticky face and fingers was the worst thing about candy floss for me as a young boy. I would carefully tease out a little floss at a time and then furiously lick the stickyness off my fingers each time. Couldn't resist the sugar though. There was also what we in the UK called "rock" - a rod of solid, sticky, sweetness somewhere between crunchy and chewy which was sold at holiday resorts with the resort name somehow baked in down the whole length.

Blackpool_Rock.jpg
    800 x 1067 - 240K
    cleethorpes-rock-company.jpg
    500 x 500 - 57K
    Post edited by marble on
    edited May 2022

Redacted

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

And speaking of cotton candy/candy floss, this YouTube video of two people facing off is amazing.  No subtitles but none are needed for this 58 second clip:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0IL0S0vTGw  laugh

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,602

marble said:

cridgit said:

Peter Wade said:

Yeah we had sticks too but there was NOTHING in the world as good as pushing your face or head into a giant ball of floss and coming out with a mouthful/fistful and sticky for days! Ah good times those. 

Maybe my OCD started young but that sticky face and fingers was the worst thing about candy floss for me as a young boy. I would carefully tease out a little floss at a time and then furiously lick the stickyness off my fingers each time. Couldn't resist the sugar though. There was also what we in the UK called "rock" - a rod of solid, sticky, sweetness somewhere between crunchy and chewy which was sold at holiday resorts with the resort name somehow baked in down the whole length.

Yes, rock is great! I went on a factory tour where they made it, I think it was in Blackpool. If I remember it righly they take sheets of the different colour rock and wrap them round each other to make the letters, then pull it and stretch it to size. Blackpool is a great place for rock, at least it was then, They had shops with nothing else. As well as the traditional white centre, red outer shell and lettering they had all sorts of colours, flavours and shapes.

Of course these days I've been told I should be careful how much sugar I eat so no more sticks of rock, candyfloss or bars of chocolate for me crying

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024
    edited January 2022

marble said:

cridgit said:

Peter Wade said:

There was also what we in the UK called "rock" - a rod of solid, sticky, sweetness somewhere between crunchy and chewy which was sold at holiday resorts with the resort name somehow baked in down the whole length.

Sounds like what we Yanks call rock candy.

edit: whoops, just noticed that that article has a link to what you're actually describing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_(confectionery)

Post edited by Gordig on

Peter Wade said:

marble said:

cridgit said:

Peter Wade said:

Yes, rock is great! I went on a factory tour where they made it, I think it was in Blackpool. If I remember it righly they take sheets of the different colour rock and wrap them round each other to make the letters, then pull it and stretch it to size. Blackpool is a great place for rock, at least it was then, They had shops with nothing else. As well as the traditional white centre, red outer shell and lettering they had all sorts of colours, flavours and shapes.

Of course these days I've been told I should be careful how much sugar I eat so no more sticks of rock, candyfloss or bars of chocolate for me crying

I think most people who think of rock think of Blackpool. However, most resorts had their own rock with the town name through it. The picture of the shop selling rock I attached (above) is the seaside town where I was born (Cleethorpes). 

While we are indulging the nostalgia for rock, candy floss, etc., how about the saucy postcards? Great project for DAZ Studio - come to think of it smiley

Aren't the majority of renders made with Daz studio essentially saucy postcards?

Gordig said:

Aren't the majority of renders made with Daz studio essentially saucy postcards?

I thought they were mostly warrior queens or Trekkie fantasies. Certainly not the broad-bottomed ladies of the summer beach, bursting out of ill-fitting costumes that I recall. 

• XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426

The promo pics have been changed and a description has been added. yes

• DandeneDandene Posts: 162

I thought it was odd it was listed for G8F.  I mean, I know at least ONE male that enjoys cotton candy! :P 

Gordig said:

I foresee saucy renders featuring cotton candy in the future.  

• James_HJames_H Posts: 996
    edited January 2022

I see it is updated a bit. Never was a fan myself (though I have enjoyed Blackpool rock in the past). The candy floss looks rather more lumpy than whispy: there's almost something alien about it.

Post edited by James_H on

James_H said:

I see it is updated a bit. Never was a fan myself (though I have enjoyed Blackpool rock in the past). The candy floss looks rather more lumpy than whispy: there's almost something alien about it.

I wonder how it would look with a hair shader applied to it. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

Gordig said:

James_H said:

I wonder how it would look with a hair shader applied to it. 

I would use a volumetric cloud myself 

James_H said:

The candy floss looks rather more lumpy than whispy: there's almost something alien about it.

It does look strange to me ... nothing like the real thing when you compare to a photo. Real candy floss is more like spun fibres - as was said above, a bit like hair. Reminds me of those 1960s beehive hair styles which were held together with masses of hair-spray.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,574

marble said:

James_H said:

The candy floss looks rather more lumpy than whispy: there's almost something alien about it.

It does look strange to me ... nothing like the real thing when you compare to a photo. Real candy floss is more like spun fibres - as was said above, a bit like hair. Reminds me of those 1960s beehive hair styles which were held together with masses of hair-spray.

Maybe add some geoshells with hair texture. 

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Who asked for saucy postcards? I don't have the candy floss, but here's a vintage beach shot. wink

• StoicStoic Posts: 131

Additional colors & shapes would be cool.

Cotton Candy collage 1.jpg
    2429 x 3264 - 1M
  • DandeneDandene Posts: 162
    edited January 2022

marble said:

James_H said:

Yeah, my initial thought was that it should be more fibrous.  I mean, it does have the shape and general look of cotton candy, minus some details (and maybe it's just me, but it looks like there's a lot of light passing through it?  More than there should be?).  Not something I'd generally use, but if I did, I feel like I'd have to do a fair amount of playing with it.

Post edited by Dandene on