So I don't get it...Daz +

I got a message from Daz saying that my membership was going to re-new in about a week. That was OK. Happens every year. Use to happen every month, but then the billing on Daz's side didn't work for the monthly memberships so I switched to the yearly.

So just now I get an email from Daz saying that my membership is about to expire and they don't want to see me go and that they are offering me a Last Chance discount to stick around for another year.

Say what?

I thought this thing automatically renewed...unless I cancelled. I just went into my account and it clearly says RECURRING. Doesn't that mean that it's going to auto renew? Or is this going to be a re-occurance of last year, where the re-bill doesn't work because DAZ never submit the payment request to my credit card?

I'll do the deal...I guess. I just don't want to do a manual renewal and then have them also charge me for the RECURRING option that is checked.

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

grab the deal and uncheck recurring, or vice versa.

• Well, I don't understand how I am suppose to use the code they gave me. When I click on the resubscribe link, it takes me to my account page, where I am already checked for a re-occuring charge. Guess I'll open a ticket.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574
    edited January 2022

KevinH said:

Well, I don't understand how I am suppose to use the code they gave me. When I click on the resubscribe link, it takes me to my account page, where I am already checked for a re-occuring charge. Guess I'll open a ticket.

I had a similar thing happen when I tried clicking a promotional link to renew. I'm not sure if this will work, but you could try adding this to your cart and seeing if the code works.

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-plus-annual 

Post edited by Quasar on
  • Please file a ticket so CS can look into it for you.

• Well, I opened ticket 398343, but haven't heard anything back. I checked my account today and it hasn't updated. I tried to cancel it, so I could update manually. But it said the crddit card profile was not valid. I saw the field was blank. I thought maybe that was the problem. So I rechecked RECURRING and chose my credit card profile from the drop down and saved it. But after save, the profile field shows blank again. Is that normal? The status shows Processing. But I bet nothing is happening. I mean how long does it take to put an order through?

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,982

One thing you may want to be careful about is double tapping your card, if you tried to pay multiple times as you may end up with a nasty surprise..

• So still no word from DAZ and yet I get 2 more emails about how they don't want to see me go and here's a coupon to get me to stay, but there seems to be no way to use it. All the link does it take me to my account page. I had the same problem last year with the monthly renewal. They would tell me I was expiring but they would never submit the request to the CC for payment. That's why I switched to the yearly. But obviously what ever is wrong they still haven't fixed in over a year. 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited January 2022

You aren't getting it... it's a puzzle you have to solve... I think your ticket number is part of the code... the rest is a Caesar cipher... or that one where you take the second letter of every word and replace it with the last letter of the words of the body of the text in reverse... or maybe you sacrifice a fried chicken inside a pentagram made of strawberry syrup surrounded by scented candles... I dunno... it's pretty complex and few people have ever solved the riddle... many have gone insane trying.

Some things mortal man was not meant to understand... I fear this is one of those things.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029

KevinH said:

So still no word from DAZ and yet I get 2 more emails about how they don't want to see me go and here's a coupon to get me to stay, but there seems to be no way to use it. All the link does it take me to my account page. I had the same problem last year with the monthly renewal. They would tell me I was expiring but they would never submit the request to the CC for payment. That's why I switched to the yearly. But obviously what ever is wrong they still haven't fixed in over a year. 

Did you try adding the annual membership product to your cart then using the coupon code?
  • Well, I got it renewed. I cancelled the expired subscription. It was flagged for cancellation. After two days, I saw it was cancelled. And next to was a link to re-subscribe,  I was then able to add it to my cart and check out. Guess I'll be doing that way going forward, cause the aautomated system doesn't work for me. It's not that the transaction failed or was declined. It never goes through because the transaction never gets made at all.