DAZ Studio Pro 4.7.0.12, General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

The update looks tremendous. Please tell me, will I be fine if I uninstall DS 4.6 and install DS 4.7 in its place? I have a huge folder tree, luckily nested outside the installation folder. I just can't afford trial and error now that I have a commission pending.

I use Windows 8.1 64-bit and DS 4.6 is 64-bit too, of course.

It should be, if you want to play safe back-up your installer or the zip from the DIM downloads before updating.

Thank you, I will. This way, I can still access DS 4.5 as well as older Bryce and Hexagon.

DS 4.x doesn't support having two versions of the same build and bit-depth, so if you have 4.5 installed as well as 4.6 or 4.7 you my have issues.

• PeteHPeteH Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

The update looks tremendous. Please tell me, will I be fine if I uninstall DS 4.6 and install DS 4.7 in its place? I have a huge folder tree, luckily nested outside the installation folder. I just can't afford trial and error now that I have a commission pending.

I use Windows 8.1 64-bit and DS 4.6 is 64-bit too, of course.

If you use the Content Library instead of the Smart Content and haven't yet converted to the PostgreSQL CMS system, then I would suggest that before you do the update, Export User Data within the Content Database Maintenance.
    If you don't then you may lose ALL your Content Library - I did - I was lucky I had a full system backup that was only about 2 weeks old to recover from that.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:

One (or more) plugin that you have installed is (are) attempting to register its classes with a GUID that is already in use. To isolate which plugin is doing this, you can uncheck all separately installed plugins in the Help > About Installed Plugins... dialog, accept the dialog and then close DAZ Studio. Next, clear the log. When you restart DAZ Studio, the plugins that you unchecked will not be loaded. If you then look at the log, you should not see the error. If you do, the conflict is in the plugins that ship with the application (not likely). If you don't, then you can systematically re-enable each plugin that you originally disabled, closing and restarting the application and then checking the log until the error returns. Once it returns, you've identified a player. I say "player" because there are few ways this can happen and the solution varies depending on the scenario.

The error is shown by an error box with the error message in that appears in front of the splash screen at the point when the main window should open; on clicking OK in the error box, it closes, the splash screen immediately disappears and the main DS window opens. The error message is NOT in the log - not in the form it is in the error box, anyway..

What IS in the log, in the loading Plug-ins section and relating to what you write above, is:

WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(766): Duplicate guid passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory()
    WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(766): Duplicate guid passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory()

which is straight after the

dzoptitexclothcontrol.dll

line. And before the

dzpolygongroupeditortool.dll

line.

I can't quite see what this has to do with not being able to write to a configuration file at that point in the startup. But I'll work my way through disabling the plugins.

edited December 1969

OK, it's the Look At My Hair (full, not free Player) plugin. When I disable just that in About Installed Plugins, DS starts without the error box; when i re-enable that plugin the error box returns on new starts.

I'll try uninstalling/reinstalling and see if that helps.

• rf2016rf2016 Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

Cuisle said:
    Installed this new build, and now Daz crashes when receiving GoZ.

For me too.

My workspace came back intact with no problems, though, and I'm loving the new features.

Same problem here.

it crashes when receiving Goz Zbrush.

any solution?

edited December 1969

DavidGB said:

No. Uninstalled, deleted package, re-downloaded, re-installed. Still getting the ‘writeAuth: Couldn’t open configuration file for writing’ error box stopping the start-up of DS so long as the LAMH plugin is enabled (stopping untill the error box is acknowledged).

Methinks the LAMH needs an updaate for DS 4.7.

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 672
    edited December 1969

Anyone having an issue with random patterns of green across a character's skin when rendered? I used the Gia Tiziana texture and I get this... This was rendered with an advanced spotlight and an advanced ambient light in DS 4.7 Not sure if it is 4.7 causing it but I never had this before i loaded 4.7.

(I won't be able to reply until tomorrow, I have to work in less than an hour.)

What_caused_this_Daz_size.jpg
    1000 x 953 - 147K
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    DavidGB said:

No. Uninstalled, deleted package, re-downloaded, re-installed. Still getting the ‘writeAuth: Couldn’t open configuration file for writing’ error box stopping the start-up of DS so long as the LAMH plugin is enabled (stopping untill the error box is acknowledged).

There was an update earlier in the week or last week - do you have that? I'm not getting the error, though that doesn't prove anything.

edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    DavidGB said:

There was an update earlier in the week or last week - do you have that? I'm not getting the error, though that doesn't prove anything.

I installed an update ... a week or two ago? (Checks DIM) Package date 20th November. And in any case, as above, I uninstalled, deleted package, re-downloaded and reinstalled all with DIM this evening, so it should be the latest. Problem continues.

I must say that the LAMH folder within the plugins folder is a right mess of zip files, subfolders with zip files in with the same name as the higher folder, and zips within folders within zips within folders. Should there really be zips in there? But DIM does say there's a zip at the top level, if not what's in it.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Muddle is the same as the beta downloaded from the LAMH site.

• jdfoxjdfox Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Malandar said:
    Anyone having an issue with random patterns of green across a character's skin when rendered? I used the Gia Tiziana texture and I get this... This was rendered with an advanced spotlight and an advanced ambient light in DS 4.7 Not sure if it is 4.7 causing it but I never had this before i loaded 4.7.

(I won't be able to reply until tomorrow, I have to work in less than an hour.)

Yes I agree. There seems to be something not working correctly with sub-surface shaders. (See my images on page 11) My example is not as severe but has only appeared since installing 4.7

• Bobeagle77Bobeagle77 Posts: 164
    edited November 2014

In my viewport when I go to Fullscreen. I can't do anything in Fullscreen mode, everything is frozen (even when I run an animation scene), only thing I can do is press escape button. Any Help will be appreciated, Is this a known bug?

Post edited by Bobeagle77 on
  • trsmithtrsmith Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

After installing 4.7, none of my purchased content shows up under smart content or content library. Do I have to re-install everything I own?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

trsmith said:
    After installing 4.7, none of my purchased content shows up under smart content or content library. Do I have to re-install everything I own?
    No, you do not. Try re-importing metadata. You'll find that option on the Content Library tab. Open the little fly-out menu in the upper corner of the Content Library tab. Select Content DB Maintenance and check the box for Re-Import Metadata.
  • trsmithtrsmith Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Thank you! Worked perfectly!

• NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited November 2014

The one thing I've found that I like really well about 4.7 is that my older content will work with a muscle morph morphed M4, or V4.

I did have a problem though, that I hope you can help with. When I click 'Save', or 'Save As', nothing happens, and afterwards, when I try to load in another character, like a V4 Studio tells me that it doesn't have a line in the file that it had just before I tried to Save the file the moment before, and I loaded another V4 in before I remembered that I wanted to save the first character.

Also, I was wondering, although the Mil subDragon is in the same place it always has been, Studio says something about that it couldn't find the file(s) that it was looking for, but it's in the same place it was for 4.6.

Thank you for your help
    Oracle

Post edited by NV Oracle on
  • juanjoharojuanjoharo Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

Hi, I've installed the version 4.7 but I can't see most of the new features i.e: the city limits layout is not in the layout list, i can't find the Interactive Progressive Rendering...

Thanks for help

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434
    edited December 1969

Hi,

thank you for the release update to 4.7. And thank you for the updates of several products too, which may be related to the new DAZ release.

OK, it will take some minutes to become familiar with the new layout and the changed structures of some tabs. Especially the render tab.

But what has changed on the Genesis Essentials?
    I still miss the coloring of the nippels' area for G1 and basic Child textures. :ohh:
    I did this for my own and modified the textures. But your update now overwrote it with the primitives again. - Thank you. >:(
    OK, next time better I should build a backup before updating. But I still kept my templates and repair was not that real problem.

Congratulation.
    For the Wheel Excavator you now applied real displacement ! For example the wheel's profile. Thumbs up! :coolsmile:
    But the windows of the cabine still have a very bad opacity. And what's about reflection?
    The joints for the movement of the "booms" are still not connected. If moving the booms these joints still dispart.
    Think, this could be updated too.

Yours
    Andrew

edited December 1969

Hi, I've installed the version 4.7 but I can't see most of the new features i.e: the city limits layout is not in the layout list, i can't find the Interactive Progressive Rendering...

Thanks for help

Sounds as if some files may not have been updated correctly - was DS open when you installed?

edited December 1969

NV Oracle said:
    The one thing I've found that I like really well about 4.7 is that my older content will work with a muscle morph morphed M4, or V4.

I did have a problem though, that I hope you can help with. When I click 'Save', or 'Save As', nothing happens, and afterwards, when I try to load in another character, like a V4 Studio tells me that it doesn't have a line in the file that it had just before I tried to Save the file the moment before, and I loaded another V4 in before I remembered that I wanted to save the first character.

Also, I was wondering, although the Mil subDragon is in the same place it always has been, Studio says something about that it couldn't find the file(s) that it was looking for, but it's in the same place it was for 4.6.

Thank you for your help
    Oracle

Could you post the exact errors please, it's not at all clear what is happening here.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    The error is shown by an error box with the error message in that appears in front of the splash screen at the point when the main window should open; on clicking OK in the error box, it closes, the splash screen immediately disappears and the main DS window opens. The error message is NOT in the log - not in the form it is in the error box, anyway..

What IS in the log, in the loading Plug-ins section and relating to what you write above, is:

which is straight after the

dzoptitexclothcontrol.dll

line. And before the

dzpolygongroupeditortool.dll

line.

I can't quite see what this has to do with not being able to write to a configuration file at that point in the startup. But I'll work my way through disabling the plugins.

My complete response apparently didn't survive the "joy" that is trying to post from a phone. The forums are not very mobile (phone) friendly. Attempting to respond to posts when you're left with roughly two lines of auto-zoomed text that you have to both horizontally and vertically scroll to read, once the on-screen keyboard pops up, is... challenging.

The part of my response that got cut off basically stated that the process of isolating the plugin that is causing the GUID collision error would also isolate which plugin was causing the writeAuth error.

-Rob

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Been using 4.7 and it has been great but I am getting a lot of render errors and crashes now and not sure why.. Starting to get very annoying..

edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:

My complete response apparently didn't survive the "joy" that is trying to post from a phone. The forums are not very mobile (phone) friendly. Attempting to respond to posts when you're left with roughly two lines of auto-zoomed text that you have to both horizontally and vertically scroll to read, once the on-screen keyboard pops up, is... challenging.

The part of my response that got cut off basically stated that the process of isolating the plugin that is causing the GUID collision error would also isolate which plugin was causing the writeAuth error.

-Rob

Fair enough. And thanks for answering yesterday - knowing it was Thanksgiving over there in the US, I wasn't expecting any answer from a DAZ staffer until today at the earliest. Anyway, as posted above I did go through the plugins and isolated the problem - it's the Look At My Hair plugin (the Full one, anyway - don't know about the free Player): with it enabled, I get the GUID collision error in the log.txt and the writeAuth error box on startup; with it DISabled, neither error.

• 65West65West Posts: 1
    edited November 2014

Love the new release of Daz Studio!

The new, improved transparent background is a really great update. I used to have to fall back to Poser to do these types of renders because the transparent background in Daz Studio was not 100% transparent. Not any more.

I have been a long time user of Daz Studio and really appreciate the hard work that Daz has put into such a great product over the years.

TheSquad.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 106K
    Post edited by 65West on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Thank you Daz Guys for this Daz 7 update, it is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for fixing the artifacts I was getting using deep shadow map setting with spotlights, that is very helpful for quicker animation renders.
    Thank you for the new Environment tab, it took me a little while to fugire out where it was , but i like this function much better . I really like i can shut off the background in the render is I need to for creating Photoshop layers. this will be very helpful for me

Thank you for the new render settings panel. I like the layout much better, and allows me for more refinement during the rendering process.

I really want to thank you for the extra view point tabs so I can add a second camera view . I can tell you the number of times that when using 2 views angels that I wished i had this extra viewpoint tab for animation set up.

Thank you for adding symbols to the slider functions under the parameter tab this is will save time on having to guess which slide does what function. again this is very help update.
    Thank you for updating the device settings so I can use my 3d mouse , its great to be able to use my 3d mouse with daz now like i can my pp2014 , big smile face for that update.

some of the updates have taken me a little to figure out where they have moved to But over all really well done on improving daz.
    so Thank you again for the update and the documentation to go with it :)
    Happy Thanksgiving :)

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited December 1969

Please return Background to its previous location!

• NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

NV Oracle said:

Thank you for your help
    Oracle

Could you post the exact errors please, it's not at all clear what is happening here.

Please ignore my first problem, sir. Apparently, all I had to do was curse at my laptop to get it to save things. LOL. It worked this morning.

Here is what my problem is with the Dragon. When I double click the icon, Studio gives me an error message.

error_example_2.png
    621 x 327 - 40K
    error_example_1.png
    681 x 495 - 176K
  • Torgan ArtTorgan Art Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Anyone know where you can reset the background color. It appears to have been removed from its normal location?

edited November 2014

torgas said:
    Anyone know where you can reset the background color. It appears to have been removed from its normal location?

The Viewport background color (that you see in the viewport while working) is set in Window>Style>Customize color. That doesn't appear in the actual render, though.

What will actually be at the back of the render is set in the (new) Environment Pane. Window>Panes(Tabs)>Environment, where you can set a solid color or an image.

(If you don't set an Environment pane, then the render will have a transparent background - not the color set for the background color - which will appear as a checkerboard pattern in the render window, but is actually transparent.)

Post edited by DavidGB on
    edited December 1969

NV Oracle said:
    Here is what my problem is with the Dragon. When I double click the icon, Studio gives me an error message.

That's \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\SubDragon. Since it should be placed at the same time as rest of the SubDragon files I'm sure what is wrong - if you right-click on the SubDragon icon in Smart Content and select Show in Content Library, is it found?